Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,493   Posts: 187,443   Members: 6,454   Active Members: 335
Welcome to our newest member, bored_and_agitated.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghost Whale as glasses case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost Whale as glasses case?

I'm interested in using a TB accessory with o-rings as a glasses case so I can hook it into the system when running around time. Is the Ghost Whale soft on the inside? What would be the right accessory to use for glasses?

I have a few of the Small size to use for my sunglasses. There's no padding or cushioning. in a Ghost whale, and the fabric isn't particularly soft (nor particularly hard), but I've been happy with mine!
    Proud owner of a Synik 22 (Aubergine/Northwest Sky), a Medium Café Bag (Alphaviolet), and a whole host of accessories.

Comment

​My sunglasses came with a soft bag, so they go in the soft bag first, then in a small Ghost Whale.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1485s.jpeg
Views:	206
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	336201 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1487s.jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	813.5 KB
ID:	336199 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1488s.jpeg
Views:	210
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	336200
      Everyday carry (2 mile walk to work) is an SG23. Fantastic bag.

Comment

Interesting, I wonder, does TB sell a clip or o-ring that one might superglue onto an existing case?

Comment

Originally posted by jasl View Post
          I'm interested in using a TB accessory with o-rings as a glasses case so I can hook it into the system when running around time. Is the Ghost Whale soft on the inside? What would be the right accessory to use for glasses?
          As someone who uses prescription glasses and sunglasses, I prefer to have a hard case to protect the large investment I make an eye glasses. The Whale Ghost pouches do not provide any protection other than from possibly scratches but that’s it.

Comment

Originally posted by jasl View Post
            Interesting, I wonder, does TB sell a clip or o-ring that one might superglue onto an existing case?
            I slip my regular glasses cases into Small GWOPs, Coyote Mesh. Sure, that gives me two cases, but it allows me to clip them onto O-Rings. The Coyote Mesh has a bit of give in it, so it stretches enough to completely zip closed.

Comment

I keep 5 pairs of Rx glasses (mix of sun & reading glasses) in GWOPs in my LGD - no, it's probably not the most delicate solution, and if the bag gets crushed so do the glasses, but I'm pretty careful where I put the LGD so overall I"m not too worried. No problems over the last month+
              Seeking Verde Aeronauts

Comment

I would only use the small GWOP if my hard glasses case fit inside. I like the Maui Jim sunglasses cases since they come with a snaphook attached to them, which integrates nicely with the TB o-ring system

Comment

Working...
                X