Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,586   Posts: 188,415   Members: 6,562   Active Members: 320
Welcome to our newest member, Arlene31H3.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using a large travel tray as a quick wrapper around on-ear headphones?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Using a large travel tray as a quick wrapper around on-ear headphones?

    Hello! This might be an oddly specific question, but has anyone contemplated/tried to use the large travel tray as a quick wrapper around on-ear headphones so that it's easier to transport it around together with attached wires?

    I know it'll be sorely lacking in some padding, but let's assume one will handle this with care when packing it in a bag...

    My headphones have swivel ear-cups, but that added height (4.5 inches) will give me ample allowance for my vertical mouse, which stands at 3.2 inches tall. Am wondering how will the large travel tray size handle as a tech pouch in a pinch for both devices...

    Thanks!

    #2
    Originally posted by blue_quartz View Post
    Hello! This might be an oddly specific question, but has anyone contemplated/tried to use the large travel tray as a quick wrapper around on-ear headphones so that it's easier to transport it around together with attached wires?

    I know it'll be sorely lacking in some padding, but let's assume one will handle this with care when packing it in a bag...

    My headphones have swivel ear-cups, but that added height (4.5 inches) will give me ample allowance for my vertical mouse, which stands at 3.2 inches tall. Am wondering how will the large travel tray size handle as a tech pouch in a pinch for both devices...

    Thanks!
    Welcome to the forums, @blue-quartz,

    I can’t quickly bring up any pictures, but I know your question has been asked before for other model headphones, and the answer is yes, other forum members have confirmed that the large travel tray can be used this way. Here’s one of the old threads from 2017 that has some replies with pictures of how different accessories were used to hold some specific models of headphones: Accessories for Bose QC25 (thread started by latchford on 07-12-2017).

    Some of the accessories shown in the pictures of that linked thread, like the packing cubes for the Night Flight Travel Duffel or the Mini Yeoman Duffel Aether Packing Cubes that I used are retired, but others like the different size travel Stuff Sacks or the Side Effect are still very much with us. And a few different forum members who didn’t post pictures confirmed that they could use the Large Travel tray. (Additionally, back in 2017 some of the referenced headphone models and their cases were much larger than current headphones.)

    Hope this works to get discussion started and that other forum members will add their answers and pictures.

    moriond

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by moriond View Post
      Welcome to the forums, @blue-quartz,

      I can’t quickly bring up any pictures, but I know your question has been asked before for other model headphones, and the answer is yes, other forum members have confirmed that the large travel tray can be used this way. Here’s one of the old threads from 2017 that has some replies with pictures of how different accessories were used to hold some specific models of headphones: Accessories for Bose QC25 (thread started by latchford on 07-12-2017).

      Some of the accessories shown in the pictures of that linked thread, like the packing cubes for the Night Flight Travel Duffel or the Mini Yeoman Duffel Aether Packing Cubes that I used are retired, but others like the different size travel Stuff Sacks or the Side Effect are still very much with us. And a few different forum members who didn’t post pictures confirmed that they could use the Large Travel tray. (Additionally, back in 2017 some of the referenced headphone models and their cases were much larger than current headphones.)

      Hope this works to get discussion started and that other forum members will add their answers and pictures.

      moriond
      Thanks for the welcome!

      Looks like I'm going to keep my eyes peeled on the restock come Monday then!

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by blue_quartz View Post

        Thanks for the welcome!

        Looks like I'm going to keep my eyes peeled on the restock come Monday then!
        I found a sample photo of a large travel tray holding headphones. This was posted back in 06-16-2015 by Ilkyway in a thread where people were asking about the color Zest — one of the limited edition Halcyon 200d colors at the time
        Headphones in a Zest Travel Tray
        At the time this photo was released, there was only the original (now called “Large”) Travel Tray.

        No info on the model of headphones in that thread, but I hope this gives you an idea of how this might work.

        moriond

        Comment


          #5
          Ok, so for some reason the dimensions were slightly off and as such I can't make it sit down nicely... Not a deal-breaker, I can find other uses for it.

          Click image for larger version  Name:	05_travel_tray.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1,012.0 KB ID:	336573

          Comment

          Working...
          X