Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,894   Posts: 192,289   Members: 6,770   Active Members: 313
Welcome to our newest member, Bayareaguy.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clear organiser sewing kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clear organiser sewing kit

Background: I always pack a sewing kit wherever I go. I use my kit for a variety of things: mending of course, but making small books for the children (or me) to write or colour with is also quite common, as is using the safety pins as spinners and the buttons as counters for games, the scissors have trimmed a variety of threads and whatnot, I do also make tiny dolls from scraps and worn out things on the road, and so on and so forth.

My kit contains:
    1 jumbo thread braid -- thread braids are my favourite way to travel with thread, they really can't be beat although the thread is usually not of wonderful quality. An alternative is a bit of cardboard with thread wrapped around it in exactly the colours and quantities you want, but really: thread braid.
    2 sharp sewing scissors. sharp. make a little cardboard tip sheath if you must.
    3 buttons. at least two colours.
    4 safety pins. handy as awls too, also catching stitches that are about to ravel in your favourite sweater.
    5 needle book - mine is a bit of felt in paper. I carry a couple of sewing needles, a yarn needle, and a long basting needle, as well as a few glass-headed straight pins.
    6 thimble - when you are mending your jeans or backpack you will thank me
    7 binder clips - for holding together things that can't be held by pins (leather, rubber, etc)

Now in my clear organiser bag with the BRIGHT background it's always easy to find and slips into any pocket.
    Attached Files

That's cool ejvc - what size is that pouch? And I see the thread braid - that is new to me, had to google it
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

It’s the mini size in orange.

Comment

Working...
      X