Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,735   Posts: 190,175   Members: 6,595   Active Members: 264
Welcome to our newest member, bosticderek.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pen storage in Synapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pen storage in Synapse

What do you all use for pen storage in your backpack?

I’m on my first TB a bag, a Synapse 25. Im finding the pen slots in the side pocket frustrating. They’re too small, making the pens stick out and they get in the way when I am looking for something else. They’re also not secured well, so if my bag lays flat, the pens can slip out into the larger pocket.

I tried a ghost whale pouch for pens but didn’t love it. Anyone have another pouch they love to accommodate a few or handful of pens?

Pen/Pencil Clear Organizer Pouch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6132C4AC-FBFB-4363-9EEE-6062486B1910.jpg
Views:	648
Size:	4.12 MB
ID:	337607

Comment

I wish TB would still make the Tool/Pen Wrap or some variation thereof. I have one, but would happily buy another.

Until then, it's Ghost Whales for me. The Mesh variants give you a hint what's inside.

Comment

This thread has good ideas. https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...sis-on-quality

Comment

A small Ghost Whale might also serve you well, depending on the size of the pens you are using. Pilot, Uniball, Zebra gel pens fit like a dream and the GW tucks in to the side pockets quite nicely.

Comment

I mostly use random pen/pencil pouches that aren't TB... Flat zip pouches, the prism shaped ones, some wax canvas where the opening is at the short end, etc

Etsy has a myriad of options

For TB, I use GW and the pen/pencil OP.
            I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

I use this pen/pencil case from JetPens, though it is currently out of stock.

I like it for a few reasons: 1) It has a loop that I can attach a small split keyring to that then becomes an impromptu o-ring. I like having my pouches always attached to a keystrap/o-ring. 2. It's has an outer pocket that I can put my more frequently used pens so I'm not having to zip and unzip the case very much. As long as a pen has a clip, I haven't found that my pens slip out. Even the one pen that I use that doesn't have a clip has yet to fall out of the outer pocket. 3) I like that the shape is more structured than a Ghost Whale. I found it slightly cumbersome to use a GW to access the same amount of pens I keep in my case. The zipper opening is wide, so it's easier for me to find the pen inside the case than with a narrower GW.

I keep my pouch in a PCSB, but it would fit very in one of the two outer pockets in my S25. It's not that much longer than a small GW, but obviously has more depth.
              The unique, two-toned look of this pen case adds effortless style to your everyday carry. There's even a pocket located where the colors split for you to stick pens to access and stow them easily. The zipper opens all the way down to the bottom of the case, making it easy to grab the pens inside. The pen case is made of canvas and is available in a variety of fun color combinations.
              Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

EDC: Side Kick, Everday Cubelet, DL PCSB (planner pouch); Travel: Smart Alec + Side Kick, Small Yeoman Duffel

Comment

It’s nothing fancy but I have & love one of these guys from ikea: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/vaerlde...lack-40490520/

Comment

I am a fan of these by Lihit Labs. I have both std and triple versions.

https://www.jetpens.com/Lihit-Lab-Bo...-Cases/ct/6059

Comment

Small ghost whales for sure. I used an aubergine small for my erasable pens.
                    "Not all who wander are lost"
                    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
                    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadD View Post
                      Pen/Pencil Clear Organizer Pouch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6132C4AC-FBFB-4363-9EEE-6062486B1910.jpg
Views:	648
Size:	4.12 MB
ID:	337607
                      I'd love to see TB make this in all fabric.

Comment

Originally posted by John1970 View Post

I'd love to see TB make this in all fabric.
                        Or Mesh. I think that would work well, too.

Comment

I use this notebook cover that was made for me by a friend. I keep it in the same pocket with the pen slots. I keep a flashlight and a Swiss Army knife in the pen slots.

Comment

I'm also a JetPens fan and carry this very slim case in my S25. The exterior pocket of the case will hold about 5 Microns or 4 fountain pens, but you can fit several more slim pens/pencils into the interior area. It fits perfectly in the side pocket of the Synapse, though I don't carry it there and most often stick it in the chin pocket. For some reason, I've yet to find a good use for my S25 side pockets; they're always empty. But hey, one never knows when an extra pocket might be useful, so there they are lol!

Comment

Working...
                            X