Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,821   Posts: 191,246   Members: 6,714   Active Members: 268
Welcome to our newest member, Nemad.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sell me on a cache for S19/25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sell me on a cache for S19/25

Still on the hunt for my first TB bag (couple of lines in the water for an S19!). One of the questions I had is for the Synapse owners, do you feel you need a cache more for laptop protection or is it more for airport security convenience getting it in and out of your bag?

A second smaller question: seems like people do not necessarily bid up the bags with a cache included on eBay. Is that because there are fewer people whose computer fits that particular cache? Fewer people who want a cache at all? Both? Just trying to understand that anecdotal trend I’ve seen.

Thanks!

I think it's any of the above.

I use a non TB neoprene sleeve and just move the laptop between bags as needed. I have Global Entry in the US which automatically includes TSA PreCheck so I only have to remove my laptop for screening in really small airports, if the lane is closed, or similar, (which has been very infrequent for me).

There are folks for whom the cache works really well and they seek out the correct size when they add a bag.

On the resale side, it probably doesn't drive a lot of value because you have to find buyers who want your bag, it's materials and colours, and that exact cache size. I see folks listing the cache separately when the change laptop sizes, if it doesn't fit.

Side note: For anyone who qualifies for Global Entry and thinks they might fly international at all in the time period, it's worth it to get that for sightly more vs regular TSA PreCheck... And many credit cards offer a credit to offset the fee.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

I haven't actually used the rail system in my S25 yet-the only time I tried, my bag was packed just a bit too full and the TSA guy was like "Yeah just take the laptop out", so your mileage may vary on that front. On the protection front, this thing is beefy. My laptop (Thinkpad X1 Carbon) is pretty tough on its own, but with the added padding of a cache? It feels super well-protected.
      Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Comment

Working...
      X