Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,774   Posts: 190,633   Members: 6,657   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, Warneral.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3D Organizer is a wonder as a mini-purse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Organizer is a wonder as a mini-purse

When something clicks, it clicks. You all know what I mean. I’m relatively new to the Tom Bihn family; my first purchase – exactly one year ago - was a Synapse 19 in Taiga/Northwest Sky, and it CLICKED. I’m mostly teleworking, but when I go into the office (or anywhere outside the house, really) it is with me. It has my EDC carry stuff in it, and when I feel confident to travel, all I’ll have to do is add a clothing packing cube and a few additional toiletries and I’ll be ready to go. Everything else is already in it - that is, my Kindle, a hat, masks, and a snap-together cloth tray (not a TB one) in the inside slip pocket; a water bottle in its spot; two Lara Bars in the little pocket; pens and a bunch of little essentials in a Cubelet in one side pocket; all my charging cords and electronic gizmos in another Cubelet in the other side pocket; and a half-filled toiletry kit (Eagle Creek) in the bottom pocket.

Then there are the things I need close by me. Keys, phones, and wallets are objects that men carry in their pockets, but women can’t because of ignorant(!) clothing designers that think females don’t need pockets. Hmph. Anyway, I tried out an Everyday Cubelet and found it a little large for my purpose. I tried out a Side Effect, and even that was too big for me. So I bought several colors of the All-Fabric 3D Organizer Cube when it was offered with the sewing pre-order, hoping it would be the perfect size. IT IS THE PERFECT SIZE! Instead of my usual card wallet, I use a fabric coin purse that has a little depth to it. This holds my cards and also my car fob, lip balm tube, and .5-oz. hand sanitizer bottle. This coin purse set-up makes it easy to reach in and pick out what I want. In the picture, the black blob on the left is a folding mirror/pop-up hairbrush combo. On the lower side is a fabric tissue holder I use as a super-mini first aid kit that I really don’t need to carry but which actually makes the stuff inside the Cube fit better, so it stays. In it I have a few Kleenex, a mask, a Band-Aid, a couple of alcohol prep pads, and a couple of Excedrins for my headaches. My phone fits and is protected by slipping it between the coin purse organizer thing and the first aid thing. (I have an iPhone 12 Mini.). The photo makes it appear as though the Cube is overstuffed, but it isn't at all - I've just fluffed it out so the insides can be seen. It's really slim, ultralightweight, and comfortable against my hip when wearing it.

I have just two keys (house and mailbox) and a tiny flashlight, so I attached these to the outside shoulder strap with a split-ring keyring, which is super convenient.

It goes without saying that Tom Bihn stuff is the finest around, but it’s also great that there are so many size and style choices (and colors!) that everyone is going to find their special “something” that clicks.
    Last edited by Laura T.; 05-02-2022, 02:16 PM.

I use the 3d as a mini purse too. Unless its just local, i usually have a second bag for water, snacks etc and the 3d fits in whatever bag I'm using nicely.
    Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is my Black Halcyon Zeitgeist with a Cobalt Cerylon 3DOC as my "purse"/

Comment

I use one with a wrist strap since all I need most days is my wallet, keys, sunglasses, and phone. I gave my niece a clear one with a wrist strap for Christmas and she’s using it as a purse as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Shortie View Post
        I use one with a wrist strap since all I need most days is my wallet, keys, sunglasses, and phone. I gave my niece a clear one with a wrist strap for Christmas and she’s using it as a purse as well.
        Also, the clear ones would work very well for people attending sporting or concert events where bags are required to be see-through.

Comment

Originally posted by sturbridge View Post
          I use the 3d as a mini purse too. Unless its just local, i usually have a second bag for water, snacks etc and the 3d fits in whatever bag I'm using nicely.
          Back when they made the (Fabric) 3DOC in Parapack solid colors (Black, Navy, Steel, & Olive) using this (especially the black) as a mini purse that worked even for semi formal occasions was very popular.
          Originally posted by Laura T. View Post

Also, the clear ones would work very well for people attending sporting or concert events where bags are required to be see-through.
          There were also whole threads in the forum about using the clear 3DOCs this way when they started setting restrictions about what could be carried at sporting events, so you got that right, too.

moriond

Comment

I wish I'd discovered Tom Bihn things years ago to get the history you all have! I hope it didn't sound like I thought I was the first to use the 3D as a mini- purse. I just wanted to share my happiness with finding something so great for me. In fact, I ordered two new colors this morning!

Comment

Originally posted by Laura T. View Post
              I wish I'd discovered Tom Bihn things years ago to get the history you all have! I hope it didn't sound like I thought I was the first to use the 3D as a mini- purse. I just wanted to share my happiness with finding something so great for me. In fact, I ordered two new colors this morning!
              Laura T. I meant to validate your statements in welcoming you to this community, and acknowledge your perspicacity. We’re happy you’re here. Our forum members are a creative bunch, and many will try to answer your questions about color combinations, what fits, etc. You can also ask the Tom BIHN folks to send you sample swatches if you’re curious about materials or colors.

moriond

Comment

Working...
              X