Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,895   Posts: 192,296   Members: 6,771   Active Members: 315
Welcome to our newest member, louisep.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Packing Cubes for RB36?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Packing Cubes for RB36?

Hey Forum Folks!

I just picked up a pair of Road Buddy duffels (in the 36 liter size) for myself and my wife to use on weekend overnight road trips.

Does anyone have experience using packing cubes with these duffels, and if so, which types and sizes of cubes would you recommend?
    I own a LOT of Tom Bihn bags, but here are the ones I use most often:
    Everyday Carry: CP or SK
    Overnight Travel: SN22 and SZTSB
    Car Travel: Medium YD and MT
    Plane Travel: CP and WF

I use my A/T30 Landry Cubes with pretty much every bag, in combination with Stuff Sacks as needed. A set of travel toiletries stay packed all the time (I travel enough) in a SSC and clear 3DOC.
    Depending on the trip, a PCSB may enter the mix and I have inexpensive nylon drawstring bags to individually hold my work boots, if I'm not wearing them.
    All of it mixes and matches well in the A/T30, A/T45, Yeoman's, and RB36.
    The RB36 packs very similarly to the A30 to me.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Thank you, G42! Just the kind of answer I was looking for.

I’d forgotten I now own both the A30 and RB36. Makes me wonder how they compare side by side. Has anyone created a post (with pictures) comparing how the two bags pack the same items? Now I’m curious.

Asking not because I’m lazy, but because I don’t yet own any packing cubes other than my Western Flyer (now Synik 30) set.

Cambiata preorders begin shipping next Tuesday and I’m pondering what else I might add to that held order to maximize on combined shipping.
      I own a LOT of Tom Bihn bags, but here are the ones I use most often:
      Everyday Carry: CP or SK
      Overnight Travel: SN22 and SZTSB
      Car Travel: Medium YD and MT
      Plane Travel: CP and WF

Comment

I have taken one trip with my RB36 and used A45 packing cubes (one large, two small) in the main compartment. I had a spiff kit and other sundries in the side pockets.
        Bike commuting with the Smart Alec!

Comment

I took my RB36 to a conference this summer, and used 2 PCSB and another brand's large packing cube. I've since purchased two more PCSBs because 4 PCSBs fit nicely in the main compartment. I did not use the packing cubes in the side pockets- but I don't quite remember either.
          Current favorites: I dig burnt orange, sangria, and moabthe best. <3

Comment

Working...
          X