Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,895   Posts: 192,296   Members: 6,771   Active Members: 315
Welcome to our newest member, louisep.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aeronaut Packing Cubes Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeronaut Packing Cubes Questions

I currently own both sized Aeronauts and have both a small and large A30 laundry packing cubes for flexibility to pack in either bag. I'm debating getting another packing cube (and possibly a laundry stuff sack), but I'm not sure how well it will fit in the A45.

In the A45, how big is the large A45 packing cube? From pictures, it looks like it takes up the whole interior compartment. If I have a large A45 packing cube, is there room for another stack of cubes on top? I'm basically wanting to have 2 layers of cubes inside the A45. The base being a large A45 cube, and the top being the laundry stuff sack pushed to the top, a medium cube (either large A30 or ebags medium cube) and a packing cube shoulder bag or something similar in size next to it. I hope I'm explaining this well. If anyone has pictures of the packing cubes inside their aeronauts, that would be very helpful! Thank you!
    ​​

Aeronauts can fit 1 small cube each in the side compartments and either 2 large or 4 small cubes in the main compartment.

You could also fit 1 large and 2 small cubes in the main as well (the large does occupy the entire length and width bottom dimensions of the compartment, but is only half the thickness of the bag high, so you can stack two layers of packing cubes in the main compartment).

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Chicagoan; 09-15-2022, 08:57 PM.
    I own a LOT of Tom Bihn bags, but here are the ones I use most often:
    Everyday Carry: CP or SK
    Overnight Travel: SN22 and SZTSB
    Car Travel: Medium YD and MT
    Plane Travel: CP and WF

Comment

Originally posted by Chicagoan View Post
      Aeronauts can fit 1 small cube each in the side compartments and either 2 large or 4 small cubes in the main compartment. You could also fit 1 large and 2 small cubes in the main as well (the large does occupy the entire length and width of the compartment but is only half the thickness high, so you can stack two layers of packing cubes in the main compartment. Hope this helps!
      That's exactly what I needed to know. Thank you! It sounds like a large A45 cube will work for me.

Comment

Working...
      X