Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,894   Posts: 192,289   Members: 6,770   Active Members: 313
Welcome to our newest member, Bayareaguy.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cambiata-Created Consternation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine arrived today, too. It's ... smaller than I imagined?!

My first intended use case will be this Saturday. We'll see how that goes.

Comment

Smaller was my initial impression also — which I like because it’s not going to be overwhelming to wear.

What pulled me into ordering this one is that it seems perfect for large and crowded festivals where you don’t want to accidentally bonk someone with your backpack. I’m planning to use it as a backpack going to and from the car, and converting to wearing it in front where I can keep an eye on it in crowds. I won’t have a chance to fully test that use case until next month, but so far it seems that it’s going to fit the bill perfectly. Keeping the center mostly empty will provide the perfect space to store any treasures I find during the event.

Comment

Just in case you needed to know: The Cambiata can hold up to 7 Cubelets in a row. Mountain Grey, Black, Dawn, Cobalt, Viridian, Coyote, Sangria - those are all I have

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5717.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	3.69 MB
ID:	343033

Comment

Originally posted by dirkhaun View Post
          Just in case you needed to know: The Cambiata can hold up to 7 Cubelets in a row. Mountain Grey, Black, Dawn, Cobalt, Viridian, Coyote, Sangria - those are all I have

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5717.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.69 MB ID:	343033
          MikeV, why exactly aren’t you guys making Coyote/Viridian bags? That’s a handsome combo.

I didn’t realize how nice a color combination that was until dirkhaun packed his entire Cubelet collection into a Cambiata (impressive!).

Next question - what does one pack across seven different Cubelets?

Follow up question - why stop at 7? :-)
          Last edited by Chicagoan; 09-23-2022, 07:50 AM.
          I own a LOT of Tom Bihn bags, but here are the ones I use most often:
          Everyday Carry: CP or SK
          Overnight Travel: SN22 and SZTSB
          Car Travel: Medium YD and MT
          Plane Travel: CP and WF

Comment

Mine arrived today, too. It's ... smaller than I imagined?
            Mine arrived yesterday afternoon. I did not get to see it until last night when I got home from work.

It is bigger thank I imagined. It is a rectangular box, no denying its lack of svelte or elegance.

I am going to test back my EDC and items I usually carry in a personal bag during airline travel this weekend.

Then decide whether to keep or return.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicagoan View Post
              Next question - what does one pack across seven different Cubelets?

Follow up question - why stop at 7? :-)
              Some of those are still waiting for their use case. Most of them contain power supplies of one sort or another.

And I stopped at 7 because I don't like Halycon on the outside and they stopped making ones in 210d Ballistic. Looking forward to the announced new Cerylon colours - maybe I'll add some of those then

Comment

Some of those are still waiting for their use case. Most of them contain power supplies of one sort or another.

And I stopped at 7 because I don't like Halycon on the outside and they stopped making ones in 210d Ballistic. Looking forward to the announced new Cerylon colours - maybe I'll add some of those then
                I actually ordered the last Cobalt Cerylon Cubelet (say that five times fast!) the other day and should have it early next week.

The only Cubelet I currently own is coming along on a car camping trip this weekend (serving as a minimalist toiletry kit) but it's 210 Ballistic, so I'm excited to see how the Cerylon compares!
                I own a LOT of Tom Bihn bags, but here are the ones I use most often:
                Everyday Carry: CP or SK
                Overnight Travel: SN22 and SZTSB
                Car Travel: Medium YD and MT
                Plane Travel: CP and WF

Comment

I ordered the Cambiata to carry music, DI's, guitar cables, bottled water and a few items I use at gigs (musician here..). The endless search for a bag large enough to hold outsized scores and lumpy-ish music bits may be finally over - it's almost perfect. Almost...
                  1. I swapped out the strap right off as the simple strap it comes with is entirely unsatisfactory with a fully loaded bag
                  2. The backpack straps are useless. They take up a lot of space and are intensely uncomfortable. The rear pocket is useful for slipping a newspaper or map into and would be even better with a cool diagonal opening (like the Ristretto and Cafe bags).
                  3. The handle stitched into the top is unbalanced when the bag is full. I would like a second short strap anchored at the same side points the current side straps are that functions like the bail on a bucket.
                  Seriously considering cutting off the backpack straps. Should I??
                  You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
                  You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                  X