Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,895   Posts: 192,296   Members: 6,770   Active Members: 313
Welcome to our newest member, louisep.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DLBC Front Section Troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nolegrl View Post

As an aside, the forum update is a nightmare for searching. I've tried searching things and people will link older posts that can't be found anymore so it just becomes a dead-end.
    I just open a new browser tab and use Google search and that brings up a lot of posts that you can cross reference and dig up things. Doesn't solve the problem of the missing photos, but sometimes people also had them on Flickr or something and they'll sometimes show up in the image search
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by nolegrl View Post

Thank you! I never thought about the stuff sacks. I've got some smaller items in my cubelet (contacts, hair ties) and not having a zipper closure makes me a little worried they'll fall out. I've never used the stuff sacks though, so it could be more secure than what I'm imagining.

As an aside, the forum update is a nightmare for searching. I've tried searching things and people will link older posts that can't be found anymore so it just becomes a dead-end.
      Here's another option that was suggested in an old thread if you want a smaller organizer in the split pockets of the Daylight Briefcase:
      Originally posted by Ceres View Post
      Just another suggestion: I’ve purchased several PocKit organizers from Yellow Birch Outfitters (https://yellowbirchoutfitters.com/co...ons/the-pockit) and have been impressed with their quality. Although designed more for knives, multitools and the like they can easily be used for pens as well as a some Field Notes.
      This was in response to my comments that the (retired) Field Journal Notebook Organizational inserts could work as mini Freudian slips, and also would fit into the split front pockets of the Daylight Briefcase (although I usually didn't put them there)

On the old links (especially ones that appeared in my old posts), when you click on the link, even though you are not taken to a working page, because the vBulletin upgrade reindexed the thread number associated with a topic, if you check the URL that shows up there's usually enough keywords to reconstruct the title of the thread. For example, if some of the keywords in the links have the words Daylight Briefcase Organizational Strategies, I just do a search "daylight briefcase organizational strategies TOM BIHN forums" to find the current link. In many of my older posts I give the name of the linked thread as well as the link, so you can find it with that kind of search.

HTH

moriond

Comment

Working...
      X