Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,998   Posts: 193,796   Members: 6,896   Active Members: 241
Welcome to our newest member, Kimiko.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Synik 30 and Side Effect - your modular, removable interior pocket!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synik 30 and Side Effect - your modular, removable interior pocket!

I can't imagine that I'm the first person to see that you can use a pair of single gatekeeper clips to affix a Side Effect via a pair of the vertical gatekeeper waist strap loops to the internal compression strap loops inside a Synik 30. But I didn't see mention of this in my searches.

It fits *perfectly*, as if it was designed that way, and the compression straps can remain in and (mostly) functional.

Like so:

I use two double-carabiner clips to attach my Side Effect or Side Kick to the front inside of the Syniks via the o-rings, so I can grab at the contents of the open small bag without opening up the backpack more - usually to get my earplugs out during class - but your solution looks much more stable!

Comment

I was using double carabiner clips to attach an SE to the back o-rings for I don't even know how long, and then tonight I realized this was better.

Comment

Can someone please tell me if this would work with a Synik 22? Also, is this what you mean by gatekeeper clips? https://www.tombihn.com/products/par...nt=17808503495
        Last edited by ladyinblack1964; 12-01-2022, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ladyinblack1964 View Post
          Can someone please tell me if this would work with a Synik 22? Also, is this what you mean by gatekeeper clips? https://www.tombihn.com/products/par...nt=17808503495
          It absolutely works with the S22. My current setup is a SE attached to the top of the S22 with a pair of Swivel Double Carabiners for easier removal or attachment as I sometimes use the SE as a standalone purse. I previously used the Side Kick in this manner for a couple of years. The clips shown in the photos are the 1” Single Gate Keeper (pair)
          Night Walk Synik 22, Night Walk Daylight Backpack, Night Walk Small Café Bag, everything Acuity and Fjord

Comment

Originally posted by latchford View Post

It absolutely works with the S22. My current setup is a SE attached to the top of the S22 with a pair of Swivel Double Carabiners for easier removal or attachment as I sometimes use the SE as a standalone purse. I previously used the Side Kick in this manner for a couple of years. The clips shown in the photos are the 1” Single Gate Keeper (pair)

Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
            X