Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,998   Posts: 193,796   Members: 6,896   Active Members: 241
Welcome to our newest member, Kimiko.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tri-Star companion bag for larger laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tri-Star companion bag for larger laptop

Hi everyone! Posting about my Tri-Star, a bag I've had close to 10 years and adore. I recently found a solution to one of my few issues with the bag and want to share!

I use the Tri-Star primarily as my "one bag" for plane travel as a carry-on. I've long been a little disorganized about what to do with the series of items I need during a flight, especially my laptop, and went looking for a bag that would fit inside my Tri-Star, in the center compartment and fit my 15 inch laptop. I wanted something that could fit a few extras (notebook, pens, sleep mask, headphones) and zip close to stay neat when stashed under seat. I unfortunately couldn't find a TB solution (EX: The large cafe bag seems great, but wouldn't fit my laptop.) but did find that the Away F.A.R. Messenger works perfectly. https://www.awaytravel.com/travel-ba...16l?color=navy

Fits my 15" hp laptop plus other accessories and then, with a little maneuvering, slips into the center compartment of my Tri-Star. I love carrying just one bag through the airport and then stowing my Tri-Star in overhead to use just my messenger during flight. (I'm sure there are others who might manage to stow their Tri-Star under seat on flights... but I don't pack quite that minimally yet!)

Hope this is useful to someone else who has a similar want. Looking forward to another 10 years with my Tri-Star!

That's pretty cool chy-Star thanks for sharing the photos!

And welcome to the Forums!
    Last edited by G42; 11-27-2022, 10:39 AM.
    “Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you.”
    “Sir?”
    “It seems that you have managed to retain this even though you are authority.”
    “Sir?”
    “That’s practically zen.”
    -Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Comment

Working...
    X