Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,576   Posts: 188,292   Members: 6,534   Active Members: 280
Welcome to our newest member, Skysarwer.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Tutorials

How do I add or edit an avatar (image) to my Forum profile/user name?
    1. Log out of the Forums and Log back in again, then from anywhere in the forums:
    2. Click your user name to bring you to your User Profile/My Profile page
    3. Click Edit Avatar
    4. Follow the directions to browse an image from your hard drive and upload or copy and paste an image URL from a hosting site & click Continue.
    5. Drag to resize and/or select the portion of the image to be your avatar and Save. Note: The maximum size of your avatar image is 150 by 150. If your picture (or crop area) is larger, it will be resized to the allowed dimensions

Note: If you joined the Forums prior to mid March 2021 and did not already have an avatar, please check to ensure your profile is set to show the avatar on your posts:
    1. In the User Profile/My Profile page
    2. Click Edit Settings
    3. Click the Account tab
    4. Scroll down to Conversation Detail Options and ensure that the Show Avatars checkbox is selected
    5. Click Save Changes on the bottom of the page

How do I add images to my Forum post?

NOTE: You can attach images to a post as attachments that will appear at the end of a post or as inline images within the post. There are some other ways to add images, but this method is probably easiest for most users.
    1. Below the text entry box for a post (where it says ‘ Write something…’), there are Upload Attachment and Upload from URL buttons.
    2. Click the Upload Attachment button below the text entry box. If you do not see the button, look for a small icon near the text entry box that looks like a piece of paper with paperclip and click that - the main Upload buttons should appear.
    3. A navigation box will open - navigate to the image file(s) you want, select, and click Open.
    4. Below the Upload Attachment button, there will appear for each image file you selected:
      • a very small image thumbnail
      • the image file name
      • Insert Options: Thumbnail, Small, Medium, Large, Fullsize, Remove
    5. If you do nothing & click the Post or Post Reply button to publish your post, the image(s) will be appended to the bottom of the post under an ‘attached file’ header.
    6. To embed/insert an image inline with your text, type your post.
      • Where you want to place an image, place your cursor there and then click Thumbnail, Small, Medium, Large, or Fullsize from the pertinent image file; the photo will embed at the point where you left the cursor in the text entry box.
        • NOTE: the post will scale and read easier across browsers & mobile if you insert images on their own line within a post vs within a sentence/paragraph
      • If the size isn’t what you want, while still in edit mode, double click the image which opens an Image Properties window. Within that window, on the Image Info tab, use the drop down to select a different image size and click OK. You can do this repeatedly to check the embedded size.
    7. Use the Upload from URL button if your images are stored that way.

NOTE: When viewing existing images in posts or as attachments, click on the image to open a larger size as needed. Some images may have text comments that are viewable this way if they were not embedded inline.

How do I quote multiple posts in my reply? Currently only multiple posts on the same page...
    1. Click Quote in the lower right corner of the post you want to quote - the quote info will automatically appear in the ‘Write something…’ post text entry box.
      • NOTE: on mobile devices, the Quote may be in a drop down menu behind the ellipsis button (the three dots … )
    2. The Post Reply button in the upper left corner of the thread (not the Post Reply button in the lower right of your active text entry box) you’ll see that it now says Post Reply (1) indicating one post is quoted.
      • NOTE: on mobile devices, the Post Reply button showing number of selected posts is most likely directly at the top of the thread
    3. Navigate to the next post you want to quote and click Quote in the lower right corner of that post.
      • NOTE: the Post Reply button in the upper left corner of the thread will now show Post Reply (2) - indicating two posts are being quoted.
    4. Repeat as desired.
    5. When ready to write your multi quote reply, click the Post Reply (#) button in the upper left corner of the thread.
    6. The post text entry box will have the selected quotes embedded. Add your text reply and click the Post Reply button in the lower right hand corner.
      • NOTE: on mobile devices, the post text entry box Post Reply button is most likely at the bottom
    NOTE: As of right now, it appears that multi quote across more than one page of posts will NOT work - it's a bug in vBulletin itself. If/when this gets fixed by vBulletin, we'll remove this note.

Last edited by G42; 04-19-2021, 07:00 AM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

G42 Thanks. Is there a way to see recent activity at a glance? Not just new posts, but also activity on threads, like we could see on the front page of the old forum? I’m going into each topic and looking for posted “today” but it’s cumbersome at best…
    Synik 22, Truck, Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC HLT2, Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Comment

Originally posted by Traveltech View Post
      G42 Thanks. Is there a way to see recent activity at a glance? Not just new posts, but also activity on threads, like we could see on the front page of the old forum? I’m going into each topic and looking for posted “today” but it’s cumbersome at best…

Is this what you're looking for...? There's tabs for Posts / Latest Activity / Photos

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 1.10.49 PM.png
Views:	107
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	336626
      I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Working...
      X