How do you report spam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you report spam?

First of all, I want to say the lovely moderators do a great job of handling spam quickly, so this isn't a complaint! But as I'm in the UK I guess I'm "ahead" of the wake up times of most folks, and recently I've been seeing more spam. Is there a way to "flag" this so it gets the attention of the moderate team ASAP? I know with Discourse forums if enough people flag something as spam, it gets hidden from the other visitors until it's been handled by the moderators/admin, and I don't know if vBulletin has that feature.
    Proud owner of a Synik 22 (Aubergine/Northwest Sky), a Medium Café Bag (Alphaviolet), and a whole host of accessories.

Thanks RosemaryOrchard we're all doing our best, but the sneaky spammers do sneak.

At the bottom of any post, you should see a string of options - there should be a FLAG right next to the LIKE button... clicking on the FLAG should bring up a message box, where you type in at least 10 characters (ex "I think that this post is spam") to explain and then submit it - that should bring it to our Mod notification
    There is definitely a learning curve on this new version of vBulletin and changes are still happening behind the scenes, but we're making progress

Let us know if you don't see the 'flag' option and thanks!
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post

Let us know if you don't see the 'flag' option and thanks!
      Just an FYI: I'm seeing the quote and like options...no flag. I'm signed in to my forum account and I'm on Safari. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I also have no flag on Firefox on a mac.
        "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
        "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Just quote and like on mine also, on safari.

Comment

No flag for me, either, again on Safari: version 14.0.3 on a mac (running macOS Big Sur version 11.2).
            A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Comment

Thanks Everyone - we'll put the spam flag on the list to investigate
              I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
                Thanks Everyone - we'll put the spam flag on the list to investigate
                Thanks! I thought I was going crazy but I definitely checked multiple browsers and assumed I was missing something very obvious 😆
                Proud owner of a Synik 22 (Aubergine/Northwest Sky), a Medium Café Bag (Alphaviolet), and a whole host of accessories.

Comment

I also saw some this morning and couldn’t find a way to report it in so I ignored it...

Comment

I believe I've fixed this so that, on any posts, you'll all see the "Flag" option right before the "Like" button... of course, let me know if you don't see that option! And thanks for reporting this and for being up for helping us tackle spam
                    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

I can indeed flag your post! I won't though

Comment

Working...
                      X