Automatic subscription to threads when start or reply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic subscription to threads when start or reply

I noticed I no longer get automatic subscription to threads that I started or replied to. It was a nice feature in the previous version so my daily digest email kept me informed and to subscribe I was not required to remember to check any box. Is there a feature I can continue the automatic subscribe?

Originally posted by organicfarmer View Post
    I noticed I no longer get automatic subscription to threads that I started or replied to. It was a nice feature in the previous version so my daily digest email kept me informed and to subscribe I was not required to remember to check any box. Is there a feature I can continue the automatic subscribe?
    organicfarmer,
    This is a feature that you can activate under your profile setting, but it’s not switched on by default.

How to switch on Automatic Subscriptions
    1. Go to your Settings under your User Profile (if you are logged in and using a web browser, you can find a drop down menu beside your name in the upper right-hand corner by tapping/clicking on your name and then choosing My Settings, which is the third item under that menu)
    2. Under your profile settings, select Notifications, which is the fourth tab
    3. Under the Notifications tab, check the box for Subscribe when posting to the right of the first item, Automatic Subscriptions. The text description is “When you create or participate in a topic, you will automatically be subscribed to it.”
    4. Press the Save Changes button at the top right to save these settings. You will now find new posts or likes to topics you have posted in under your notifications, since they are now under your subscriptions.
    Last edited by moriond; 04-21-2021, 10:48 AM. Reason: fixed typos

Comment

Thanks moriond. I also noticed a sizeable "subscribe" button on the upper right side of the posts. I do not know if that was in the previous version or added after the switch, I am happy it is there.

Comment

Working...
      X