Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,493   Posts: 187,443   Members: 6,454   Active Members: 335
Welcome to our newest member, bored_and_agitated.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Forum Theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Forum Theme

I do love the new forum theme! But I think I might have found a bug, the notifications view doesn't work on a smaller screen. I usually have my Safari take up ~2/3 of my 13" laptop screen, and if I do that, the "notifications" goes down to 1 character wide. Ideally this would wrap below the previous area on a narrowed screen.

Also, I can't seem to upload photos , hence uploading it as an attachment!
    ​​​​​​​
    Attached Files
    Proud owner of a Synik 22 (Aubergine/Northwest Sky), a Medium Café Bag (Alphaviolet), and a whole host of accessories.

I see what you mean! Will share this w/our developers. I'm also seeing that the "Post Reply" button is hidden, unless it's moused-over.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Thank you!! Oh, the Post/Save button has the same problem by the way
      Proud owner of a Synik 22 (Aubergine/Northwest Sky), a Medium Café Bag (Alphaviolet), and a whole host of accessories.

Comment

On my iPad, two things are different when browsing the forums. First, I can't see the date of the most recent post in any given forum, so there's no way to know whether or not there is a new post since the last time I checked without clicking into that particular forum. (Unless there IS a way that I'm missing.) Second, once I've clicked into the specific forum, the title of the forum isn't listed at the top of the page. Yes, it shouldn't be that hard to remember which forum I just clicked into, but I miss the visual of having the forum title at the top of the page. The font has also decreased to teeny-tiny size again. Small things, but not as user-friendly as the version just prior to this on these two points.

Comment

I also like the new theme but am seeing several bugs/issues.

On Safari (both iPad and Mac) the "Latest News" section at the top extends too far to the right (maybe just the photo) and makes me have to horizontal-scroll. Not much of an issue on the Mac but trying to scroll strictly up or down on the iPad is basically impossible. Also the link for the Latest News isn't the latest blog post?

I also noticed what aungrl is talking about: the indicators for each forum indicating an unread post are gone so I have to manually check each one, and the title of the forum doesn't show up anywhere once you've clicked into it.

The sizes of the search bar and search button also don't match up.

Again though, I like the theme and how it fits with the new design of the main site!

S25, HLT2, LGD
          Waiting on: T30, PU

Comment

Originally posted by aungrl View Post
            On my iPad, two things are different when browsing the forums. First, I can't see the date of the most recent post in any given forum, so there's no way to know whether or not there is a new post since the last time I checked without clicking into that particular forum.
            +1. I instantly miss this feature.

Comment

I'm not sure you're aware, but you can change back to the Default forum style at the very bottom of the page on the left. I prefer grayscale, so the blue of the TB theme was an automatic no-go. The defaut theme may not be as jazzy, but it doesn't have these new bugs (at least for me).
              Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

EDC: Side Kick, Everday Cubelet, DL PCSB (planner pouch); Travel: Smart Alec + Side Kick, Small Yeoman Duffel

Comment

Originally posted by Aeon View Post
                I'm not sure you're aware, but you can change back to the Default forum style at the very bottom of the page on the left. I prefer grayscale, so the blue of the TB theme was an automatic no-go. The defaut theme may not be as jazzy, but it doesn't have these new bugs (at least for me).
                Great tip, thank you!

Comment

Thanks for that tip, Aeon! I also prefer the old style.

Comment

Whew thank you! I just came on today and what the heck? I can't even find my notifications. I don't mind adapting, but I need a moment...
                    P.S. edited to add that i tried this, but it seems to be page specific. If I navigate away from this specific post or page, I'm back into the new blue theme.
                    Last edited by Tonya; 08-21-2021, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonya View Post

P.S. edited to add that i tried this, but it seems to be page specific. If I navigate away from this specific post or page, I'm back into the new blue theme.
                      That's odd. It automatically saved the theme for me once I selected it.

Try User Settings (under your name on the upper right hand corner) >> Account tab >> scroll down to Forum Style and select Default vB5 Style >> Save Changes.
                      Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

EDC: Side Kick, Everday Cubelet, DL PCSB (planner pouch); Travel: Smart Alec + Side Kick, Small Yeoman Duffel

Comment

Thank you!! I had to look around to get to the correct menu, but I found it and selected Default vB5 and it DOES revert to the earlier version. Which for me is so much better! Thanks again.

Comment

Another bug for the crew: The pagination buttons sometimes have a black background and black text. Not always, I saw this in my Notifications view when I had multiple pages though.

Comment

Thanks, everyone! I've reported these bugs to our developer.
                            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Just occurred to me, I don't recall it being in the first version, this updated version, or the draft new theme... But it would be cool to have a 'jump to the top' button at the end of each page
                              or duplicate the navigation link at them bottom so that is faster to get back to them the list of threads in a given subForum
                              I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Working...
                              X