Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,326   Members: 6,703   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, zacattac.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Embedding Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embedding Pictures

Hey folks!

I haven’t used the forums since they left Tapatalk and I’m having trouble figuring out how to embed pictures directly into the body of a post without adding them as attachments.

Appreciate any help you can offer!
    Follow me on Instagram!

@ericwiduger

Originally posted by Chicagoan View Post
    Hey folks!

I haven’t used the forums since they left Tapatalk and I’m having trouble figuring out how to embed pictures directly into the body of a post without adding them as attachments.

Appreciate any help you can offer!

Hey Chicagoan take a look in this post, we wrote out some instructions

https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...als#post330587
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post

Hey Chicagoan take a look in this post, we wrote out some instructions

https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...als#post330587
      Thank you, G42!
      Follow me on Instagram!

@ericwiduger

Comment

https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...disappointment

I feel like I’ve followed the directions to make my images appear in line, but I can only view them embedded when I’m logged in because they don’t appear when I’m viewing the forum as a guest (all I can see then are the attachments at the very bottom of the post).

Any ideas on how to make the in line pictures public facing?
        Follow me on Instagram!

@ericwiduger

Comment

Hmmm... when I look at your post logged in & logged off, they're at the bottom, both in the Default VBulletin and the Tom Bihn VBulletin style ....

You definitely see the photos embedded in line with text when logged in?

Try going to your post and click edit... scroll all the way down, does it look like this? (Note, as a Mod I can edit your post - I only clicked edit in order to take this screen shot, didn't do anything else)

If it does, locate the area in the text of your post that you want a photo located - is there anything showing there in edit mode? (I didn't see anything)

Click so that the cursor is in the location where you want a photo, then carefully scroll back down to the list of the photos (do not click on anything else) that start with INSERT... click the size (I suggest medium) of whichever photo you want... it should (give it a second or two) insert the photo in-line...you may have to scroll back up to see it...
          save you post and see if it's still there

ETA, separate thing but it may mess you up
          .. at least on my system...
          if I'm typing out a post and get to a point where I want to add a photo, I scroll down, hit upload, browse & pick my file, etc. and when it appears (ie, like you see where it shows the thumbnail, Insert, etc) I then click the size.... but if I go into the body of the text to click the cursor to locate the photo because I forgot to or I wanted to change it or whatever, be careful because sometimes when you first click ONCE, it wants to highlight all or most of what you typed and you're now overwriting everything (ie, deleting everything you wrote), which is super annoying, especially for long posts
          Because of that, I now usually write my whole post, then upload all the photos I want, and then one by one scroll back up into the text, click the cursor to locate the photo, scroll down and hit the size I want & it's inserted... I do that for the whole list of photos I uploaded... then go back and throw in any spaces or whatever if necessary....
          Last edited by G42; 07-06-2022, 07:36 PM.
          I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

I think I figured it out, G42, at least so far as posting from my smartphone is concerned:

https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...let#post340765

Do the pictures appear in line with the content of my reply to this post?

I was NOT able to correct the issues I had with my unboxing review of the Bummer, unfortunately. I can see the pictures in line when I view my post while logged in, but they aren’t visible when I view it as a guest and all I can see then are the attachments at the very bottom.
            Last edited by Chicagoan; 07-06-2022, 12:14 PM.
            Follow me on Instagram!

@ericwiduger

Comment

Ok, super weird, I'm on my cell and now can't see the screenshot in my post to you .. I'll look later tonight and poke around more
              We can also see if MatthewR is around

For you post about the GW, I see all your photos at the end, but in line, not separate attachments

Comment

Yep! That was deliberate, G42.

I’ll admit the process of posting pictures had me feeling pretty frustrated after trying unsuccessfully to correct my Bummer post.

But I don’t want that to hold back my participation in the forums, and for now might just add pictures in at the bottom of my posts.

I went ahead and deleted the problematic post and replaced it with a new one where the pictures are placed at the bottom and below all the text.
                Last edited by Chicagoan; 07-06-2022, 12:39 PM.
                Follow me on Instagram!

@ericwiduger

Comment

Working...
                X