Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,312   Members: 6,699   Active Members: 269
Welcome to our newest member, driph.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the speculation begin...new products soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let the speculation begin...new products soon?

From the TB Twitter earlier today:

"We've tested a couple of new designs (one big, three small) and they're winners for sure. Debut *could* be as soon as next week...."

https://twitter.com/tombihn/status/648881934639083520

So what does everyone think/hope/wish these new designs are?

Personally, I'm hoping for the Cross Body Knitting Bag and maybe a slightly larger Side Effect. I'd also love a horizontal equivalent to the Cafe Bag line or an updated Imago but I'm not putting any bets on those
    Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Oh jess! Thanks for "re-tweeting" no idea why, but I seem to be way too stupid to use twitter.

YEA speculations!!!

Ilkyway

ETA
    Not knowing anything in particular I am free to speculate myself: I am hoping for a backpack. Why? I love backpacks and I am always eager to try a new one. Darcy has quite a while back hinted at a backpack in the makeing. I think I read through the lines, that it is something quite in the futur but still, we all can hope, right?
    Last edited by Ilkyway; 09-29-2015, 10:57 AM.
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
      Oh jess! Thanks for "re-tweeting" no idea why, but I seem to be way too stupid to use twitter.

YEA speculations!!!

Ilkyway
      I'm not on twitter either. I make my husband follow the TB feed for me. He sent me the link with a note asking me not to buy too much stuff. It's a good thing for me that there's never too much TB stuff

PS I always wonder, how much fun do the mods have watching us guess these releases when you already know the answer? I'm guessing lots and lots, lol!

Comment

It both has its marrits. And as I am not in the know this time, I can share this side of the fun again. By the way: jess you are briliant, I will try and make my husband follow the TB twitter for me too. TB was the onley reason I tried to get my head around the twitter-concept, but I guess I am born too long ago or something... it just does not work for me. Thanks for the great idea ;-)

Ilkyway
        “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

ETA
          Not knowing anything in particular I am free to speculate myself: I am hoping for a backpack. Why? I love backpacks and I am always eager to try a new one. Darcy has quite a while back hinted at a backpack in the makeing. I think I read through the lines, that it is something quite in the futur but still, we all can hope, right?
          I really really want a smaller version of the Brain Bag. I love the way my husband's can be organized but it's just way to big for me to use. A 25L version would be amazing.

Comment

The big bag is something we haven't even hinted at -- no one knows it's coming! Or, well, at least they didn't before today.
            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

It both has its marrits. And as I am not in the know this time, I can share this side of the fun again. By the way: jess you are briliant, I will try and make my husband follow the TB twitter for me too. TB was the onley reason I tried to get my head around the twitter-concept, but I guess I am born too long ago or something... it just does not work for me. Thanks for the great idea ;-)

Ilkyway
              I don't know if I should be frustrated or insanely excited that this is happening at such short notice. I've already done my budgeting for this month, and will have to drop out of a vintage pen auction or two for sure if a launch is happening next week!

It's interesting that you weren't sent anything, @Ilkyway. I wonder why that's the case? Could it be because... you don't knit? :-D I recall that Frank II was sent some preview goodies for last July's big launch and that Janine and nsh were given the PU for preview (please correct me if I'm wrong!). I wonder if anyone is authorised to drop hints this time.

At any rate, this has been the quietest period on the forum since I joined and it will be nice to have this place come alive again during the product launch.

ETA: "Big bag"? Oh God, please let it not be another backpack... I will have to get one although I need one like a hole in the head.
              Last edited by adalangdon; 09-29-2015, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                The big bag is something we haven't even hinted at -- no one knows it's coming! Or, well, at least they didn't before today.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown-4.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	297424

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Sorry. I got a little excited there.

Comment

I really want this to be the long-awaited cross-body knitting bag, but I suspect we'll have to wait a bit longer on that... Still exciting regardless! Anyone have thoughts on the small items? Maybe a hip belt for the Guide's Pack (that's been rumored for a while), but that's all that comes to mind right now for me.

Edit: This is what I get for sitting on my reply for a bit! So definitely not the cross-body knitting bag, and something totally new even... what could it be?!

Comment

Originally posted by ClaireJ View Post
                    I really want this to be the long-awaited cross-body knitting bag, but I suspect we'll have to wait a bit longer on that... Still exciting regardless! Anyone have thoughts on the small items? Maybe a hip belt for the Guide's Pack (that's been rumored for a while), but that's all that comes to mind right now for me.

Edit: This is what I get for sitting on my reply for a bit! So definitely not the cross-body knitting bag, and something totally new even... what could it be!
                    Am I the only one hoping that the "big" item is really big? So big that a sub-10 liter Cross Body Knitting Bag could be "small"?

Comment

Well I have been holding back on any purchase waiting to see what comes up. And since next week is early in the month I might have a few $ to buy. I'm also going on vacation in October, so this might be timely.

Comment

Oh lawdy lawdy lawdy. I am still hoping for a larger Packing Cube Shoulder Bag (either more of a square, or the closer in size to the PCBP).

That, and still hoping against hope that they would make a PCSB and PCBP in those newer lovely Dyneema colors!

Comment

A lot of the briefcase type bags have been retired recently ...... well, 2 or 3? A 'lot' is probably exaggerating a little
                          Last edited by ceepee; 09-29-2015, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ceepee View Post
                            A lot of the briefcase type bags have been retired recently ...... well, 2 or 3? A 'lot' is probably exaggerating a little
                            I too am hoping for something in the realm of a work carry/briefcase/messenger. I've been doing my research on the Pilot.

Perhaps I will wait before submitting my shopping cart... **stares blankly at shopping cart**
                            Husband | Father | Creative | Photog | Subaru Pilot | Horologist | Foodie | Carryologist

Comment

@jess +1 for the smaller Brain Bag. I'm still pretty new here, will there be some kind of preview here or on the blog? Will they just launch on the website? My stalking is about to go to a completely different level.
                              current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color 好的朋友

Comment

Working...
                              X