Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,321   Members: 6,701   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, StatsChick.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the speculation begin...new products soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank II View Post
    Think like Sheldon.
    Comic-book-sized Freudian Slip? Hand sanitizer pouch? Dyneema bus pants? Couch seat-saver?

Comment

Still hoping for the Skookum cat bed or the elusive perfect camera insert for TB bags besides the NFTD. Traveling next week, so I will be eager to see if one of the new debuts needs to join me on my trip.
      "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
      "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Originally posted by terayon View Post
        Dyneema bus pants?
        What the heck are bus pants? Are they what I think they are?

Comment

Originally posted by bermudajes View Post
          I haven't been on the forums in a little while, and I can't decide if it's a blessing or a curse that I logged in today to find this thread :-P New bags! I guess I'll have to eat ramen for the next month to compensate for any forthcoming purchases.
          This is how I feel. Tuesday - hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by GoStanford View Post
            Hilarious choice of words.

Urban Dictionary: Bus Pants

Comment

Originally posted by catherder View Post
              Hilarious choice of words.
              This is too funny - nice to know I automatically sink into Big Bang Theory phrasing. One of my friends in college didn't like it when people sat on her bed without asking - they may have been wearing their bus pants. I understood, because in those small dorm rooms, your bed was the only clean place you had to sit on (other than the desk chair).

I await the bus pants eagerly!

Comment

Dyneema Christmas stockings!!!

Complete with O-rings to daisy chain to one another and create a garland for the fireplace mantle. No?
                Husband | Father | Creative | Photog | Subaru Pilot | Horologist | Foodie | Carryologist

Comment

Originally posted by GoStanford View Post
                  As per Sheldon Cooper:

The big bang theory- the concept of bus pants - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by terayon View Post
                    @terayon, Despite @Frank II's suggestion, I think you're just too good at thinking like Sheldon Cooper!

Comment

Let's just say terayon's comment had people staring at me (and my small cafe bag) in the Whole Foods cafe because I was laughing so hard. If I'd been wearing dyneema bus pants, I probably would have fallen off the chair, too.

Comment

The amazing Tom Bihn crew and Darcy made it possible, that I can joyn in in the teasing. I have had the pleasure to open a box of true Tom Bihn genios. I think there is even a material used, that I have not yet seen on anything made by Tom Bihn. But I am not 100% sure about that.

Here is one sad thing though: 10 am Seattle means 7 pm where I am and at 6:30 there starts an important meeting for all the heads of the parents-comittys from all the clases at Finjas school. Since I am one of them I am to go for Finja`s class there is no way around this. I will have all pictures and thoughts prepeard when I leve the house and I will of cause rush back to share both with you, but my contribution to the fun will be delaid. This is of cause a greater loss on my side than on yours because you all will be well informed by the time I will be back at my computer. So all the exitment will be mostely over than but I will share my take on things as soon as I can.

Ilkyway

PS: Here is my hint: This to mee looks like the most versitail debut since I joned the club.
                        Last edited by Ilkyway; 10-05-2015, 05:59 AM. Reason: Try to minimize the amount of typos ;-)
                        “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

My questions to anyone who can answer: 1. Do we look on the "new" section of the order page or is there an announcement somewhere, and 2. Will there be new colors available on current products?

Comment

Ilkyway,
                            Can you send your review or comments to the Tom Bihn staff today? Perhaps they could post them for you? Your comments have been so helpful to me for debuts in the past! elisa

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                              @terayon, Despite @Frank II's suggestion, I think you're just too good at thinking like Sheldon Cooper!
                              Actually, I'm now convinced that the new "big" bag will be called the Cascade(s), since the Amtrak Cascades line runs through Seattle, and Sheldon likes trains. (Not to mention the TB history of naming bags after train lines.) And the giant geek in me thinks (hopes) maybe the smaller items will be named after Sheldon's favourite subatomic particles...

Comment

I didn't say think of what Sheldon would like, I said think the way he would:

Basically, my clues were so convoluted don't even bother trying to figure them out. But if someone asks AFTER the debut, I'll explain them.
                                Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers.

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Comment

Working...
                                X