Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,817   Posts: 191,200   Members: 6,712   Active Members: 264
Welcome to our newest member, toomuchlove.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the speculation begin...new products soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
    As far as speculations go: what is this all about? https://instagram.com/p/9FAdt1N_uQ/

Ilkyway
    A TOM BIHN - Mainframe collaboration on a bag with a hardwood frame?

A solution from Mainframe for displaying TOM BIHN art from over the years in the new Factory Showroom?
    Last edited by maverick; 10-21-2015, 01:14 PM.
    -m

Comment

I love the blue tag a lot! The picture looks like something is being stuffed into an ice skate.

Comment

They also mention "buttoning up" something... What does that mean? The only button I've seen on a TB product is in the Swift line.

ETA: OK, now I get that this was not from Tom Bihn's Instagram. Thanks @maverick for pointing that out. I wonder if they are working on the showroom remodel and this has something to do with the collection of old TB bags @Darcy was talking about.

Comment

I love that tag too. I so hope it gets used on buyble products. My first thought was Cross Body knitting bag but only because there is a needle and that bag is in my mind and on the forum for so long now...

Ilkyway
          “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
            They also mention "buttoning up" something... What does that mean? The only button I've seen on a TB product is in the Swift line.
            A jacket from the new TB outdoor clothing range?

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
              As far as speculations go: what is this all about? https://instagram.com/p/9FAdt1N_uQ/

Ilkyway
              I'm inserting the image directly into this post, so people can see the nifty logo:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	12081248_1734711056757135_1393428633_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	297640

moriond

Comment

moriond: brilliand, I was not sure how to do that and if that was allowed.

Ilkyway
                “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

Comment

Originally posted by maverick View Post
                  A TOM BIHN - Mainframe collaboration on a bag with a hardwood frame?

A solution from Mainframe for displaying TOM BIHN art from over the years in the new Factory Showroom?
                  My guess is that this is part of the re-design of the factory show room that Darcy posted about: Heads-up! Seattle Factory Showroom Closed For Remodel and that they mentioned in the September 3, 2015 blog post.

@Ilkyway, I think the Instagram was from Mainframe Shop LLC, and I don't see a problem showing their original image.

moriond

Comment

That is what the tweet says:

mainframeshopJust buttoning up a really fun project for @tombihn with more details to follow. #customframing #customframingseattle #tombihn

You might remember that in August, on the blog there is a post about a jacket Tom made, in 1973, for his brother.

Button, jacket, you all know how much Darcy like to ramp up the forum activity by her subtle, mysterious and speculation worthy hints....

Comment

Originally posted by maverick View Post
                      Off to lunch/dinner and to catch up on forum reading, with Baby Bear inside my Daylight Briefcase. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      would baby bear fit nicely into the pilot bag for additional organization or is it too big?

Comment

The Small Cafe Bag Freudian Slip fits easily into a Pilot. No problem there.

Ilkyway

Comment

Working...
                        X