Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I now see the new colors for Small Cafe Bag. And...Beaver Camo! I love the Burnt Orange, but with these new additional colors, I must rethink my life...and decide if I'll stick with Burnt Orange or not. Even the new Olive is looking nice. And they're 1000d... The Bright Orange looks great, but the inside Coyote doesn't match well in my less than 20/20 eyes. The cloud color with burnt orange is still tops...well that camo...hmmm....
    The only thing worse than chips without salsa is salsa without chips!

Comment

The SCB in Canary caught my eye but seeing Canary next to Curry has me thinking it's too bright for my taste. Lots of fun colors though!
      Solaris ALL THE THINGS!

Comment

Originally posted by jMac View Post
        I now see the new colors for Small Cafe Bag. And...Beaver Camo! I love the Burnt Orange, but with these new additional colors, I must rethink my life...and decide if I'll stick with Burnt Orange or not. Even the new Olive is looking nice. And they're 1000d... The Bright Orange looks great, but the inside Coyote doesn't match well in my less than 20/20 eyes. The cloud color with burnt orange is still tops...well that camo...hmmm....
        It's the colors of someone wearing an orange safety vest with khaki work pants. A nice combo, I think.

Comment

I’m not into the brights, but I’m swooning at the Ursa/Dawn and I think that the blackout label Café bags look pretty awesome too. I only have one Café bag I could let go in my collection (Ursa/Cloud MCB) but four on my wish list. Uh oh.

Comment

Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
            I’m not into the brights, but I’m swooning at the Ursa/Dawn and I think that the blackout label Café bags look pretty awesome too. I only have one Café bag I could let go in my collection (Ursa/Cloud MCB) but four on my wish list. Uh oh.
            I wish the Ursa/Dawn was an option for the MCB
            I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post

I wish the Ursa/Dawn was an option for the MCB
              Yes, me too!! Darcy Can you say if there will be an Ursa/Dawn MCB in the future? If not I will probably get the SCB instead. The LCB is a sure bet, but I’m still going back and forth on the SCB.

Comment

Originally posted by Selcouth View Post
                The SCB in Canary caught my eye but seeing Canary next to Curry has me thinking it's too bright for my taste. Lots of fun colors though!
                I have one of the original Cordura SCBs in Curry, from the limited edition run a few years back and, while it's a nice colour, it's more of a gold than the yellow it appears in the (quite brightly lit) photo in the linked blog post. Quite a bit deeper in person. I was torn between Canary and Curry and went for the latter... and when I saw it in person, kinda wished I'd gone for the former.

Orange 152, if this rendition is true to the original version of the shade which I have as a LCB with a navy blue lining, is a positively eye-popping warning-sign-safety-vest BRIGHT-orange. Very much a "statement" colour!
                A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Comment

Does anyone have both Ballistic Verde and Olive Cordura, and would you be willing to show a comparison picture? The large zip top shop bag in Olive looks fairly dark in the product page, but other pictures that I found through the forums makes it look a bit brighter.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sd2102 View Post
                    Does anyone have both Ballistic Verde and Olive Cordura, and would you be willing to show a comparison picture? The large zip top shop bag in Olive looks fairly dark in the product page, but other pictures that I found through the forums makes it look a bit brighter.

Thanks!
                    I had thought the 1000d Olive Cordura was like the earlier Olive, but I don’t have a current swatch, so this may not be true. And the pictures on the product pages do look darker than the Olive Cordura that I have. If the older Olive Cordura is close to the current color, then I’d point you to the pictures in the 11-21-2014 thread by ncb4 for a fairly accurate color rendition of Olive Cordura and Verde Ballistic Nylon taken at different angles:
                    Side-by-side comparison of Verde and Olive
                    https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...erde-and-olive

If Olive Cordura is now significantly different in color, then you either need to find someone with a current swatch and Verde Ballistic Nylon or ask Customer Support if they can provide a current picture.

I’ll excerpt one picture from that earlier thread
                    Color comparison Olive and Verde
                    Generally they’ll rename colors if there is enough color differences, but some Cordura colors, in particular Plum, have seen significant variations in dye lot colors over the years. I haven’t seen that for Olive, but then I haven’t seen any of the latest Olive Cordura in person or in new swatches.

HTH

moriond

Comment

Thanks!
                      Here's some photos... Cubelet in Olive 525 ballistic on top; old Olive Cordura in a Utility Tote to the left.... Verde 1050 ballistic in a Road Buddy to the right
                      New Olive Cordura swatch centered in the bottom

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210414_183724501.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	557.9 KB
ID:	331023

The new Olive Cordura swatch on top of the old Olive Cordura in a Utility Tote
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210414_183846961.jpeg
Views:	375
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	331024

photos taken in ambient daylight with an assist from an Ott-light... the new Olive Cordura does look darker to me but if I had a full bag and wasn't looking at them both at the same time, I don't think it's as noticeable as perhaps Solar vs Solaris, but that's just my perception

I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post

Here's some photos... Cubelet in Olive 525 ballistic on top; old Olive Cordura in a Utility Tote to the left.... Verde 1050 ballistic in a Road Buddy to the right
                        New Olive Cordura swatch centered in the bottom

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210414_183724501.jpg Views:	110 Size:	557.9 KB ID:	331023

Thank you for posting. I was holding my olive Hydroflask tumbler while scrolling through lol and my tumbler matches the top pic of the new Olive cordura. sd2102 if you want to see this, Hydroflask bottles and tumblers are pretty popular and can be found in lots of stores; look for one in a deep, dark green color. Don't go by the olive color on the Hydroflask website; it isn't true to color. And now my wallet is in trouble because this shade of olive is my favorite color. Looks like I will be giving the cafe bags a second chance.
                        Last edited by Shortie; 04-15-2021, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Thanks moriond and G42- that's really helpful. Either way I like the color since I'm a sucker for anything green, so I'll order it no matter what. I was just curious how it would compare to my verde A45 and I missed the comparison post from 2014.

Comment

Thanks moriond and G42- that's really helpful. Either way I like the color since I'm a sucker for anything green, so I'll order it no matter what...
                            Agreed, thank you! I also love all greens and am really looking forward to the Olive, but it's nice to see the comparisons.

Comment

I wish there was a way to search on the site by colour; so you wouldn't spend time lusting after a bag when they don't come in a colour you like.

Comment

Search by color name. It will show you every product that ever comes in that color.

Comment

Working...
                                X