Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,583   Posts: 188,378   Members: 6,554   Active Members: 308
Welcome to our newest member, Lucienk.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Wish List

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by ceepee View Post
    I would like Side Effects to also come in Cordura so that I could have a small bag for quick access of things like phone and wallet whilst at the same time catering to my Matchy-Matchy tendencies If TB could start by producing one in Red Blend that would be even better
    Hmm, yeah. A Red Blend with some dyneema lining plus the silver zippers would be very pretty!

    Comment


      Small dog Skookum

      Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
      There have been many times during my extended CA stay that I wished TB made a bag I could carry Gracie (11-12 lb Shih Tzu) in. Her regular travel duffle doesn't appeal to me to have on hand in case we've walked too far and she needs to be carried because it's fairly big to just be carrying around in a just in case scenario. I can't bring myself to get a stroller for my dog either. What do ya say, TB folks? Do you need a Skookum tester for small dog stuff? And while I'm at it, how about dog harnesses? Gracie would look so great in a Violet dog harness.
      Another vote for small dog Skookum carriers! I have two, 7 lb. Papillons.

      Everything is more fun on a Vespa! 🛵

      Comment


        A 15-19L version of the Pilot. Something that can be used for school, work, or carryon.So laptops can fit with 2 small/med size text books and a notebook/folder. I'm finding the EB too big and professional and the Pilot a little too small.

        Comment


          Small dog harnesses and collars as well as carriers by Skookum Dog = brilliant idea!

          Comment


            Swift in Aubergine with northwest sky or steel interior
            really do not like Wasabi interior.

            custom?

            Comment


              What I would really wish for is a swatch card - where we could order a card that has samples - not pictures, but actual small samples - of the various fabrics in all the colors - so we can see what they really look like. I would probably buy so many more things if I could actually see what the colors look like and not rely on my monitor.

              Comment


                What about a Ballistic Nylon Cache? Or a Halcyon covered Cache? It could have a small back pocket (ok for TSA) and Shoulder Strap Attachment points so you can use it as a separate bag if wanted and maybe reinforce the corner with some edge protection.

                Cheers!
                TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

                Comment


                  Maybe an updated TB gym bag which I found searching in this forum ?

                  http://forums.tombihn.com/just-for-r...html#post45071

                  I commute with a Ristretto but that can't of course hold my gym kit. I could use a Synapse but wonder if a backpack may be unwieldy during rush hour on the underground. So I'm thinking that a small and light bag containing just my gym kit (shoes, clothes, locker padlock, water bottle) which I'd hand carry may be best.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by John View Post
                    Maybe an updated TB gym bag which I found searching in this forum ?

                    http://forums.tombihn.com/just-for-r...html#post45071

                    I commute with a Ristretto but that can't of course hold my gym kit. I could use a Synapse but wonder if a backpack may be unwieldy during rush hour on the underground. So I'm thinking that a small and light bag containing just my gym kit (shoes, clothes, locker padlock, water bottle) which I'd hand carry may be best.
                    WOW! I've never seen that! It's so cute! Just add a couple of straps to hold a yoga mat and it's mine! Oh wait, that's how I'm justifying the SA... But for those times I don't want a backpack...

                    Comment


                      Sling backpacks

                      My nephews carry their essentials (portable video game systems, snacks, etc...) in sling backpcks, roughly the volume of Darcy's little girl's TB prototype backpack. We'd love for Tom Bihn to revisit the sling backpack design, as we find it quite handy. (I had already put my wishes in an earlier post, but my nephews are also developing a love of TB, and wanted their wish expressed, too!)

                      Comment


                        I reslly wish for the smaller Citizen Canine to come back..

                        Comment


                          I'm still wishing for the return of cardinal or crimson! A true red!
                          Everyone in our family has their assigned color: navy for the dh, purple for the dd, and red for me. This severely limits my TB buying!!

                          Comment


                            I would love to see the SE in Halcyon colors, whatever they are. My SE has become my favorite EDC.


                            Originally posted by darbs View Post
                            I'm still wishing for the return of cardinal or crimson! A true red!
                            Everyone in our family has their assigned color: navy for the dh, purple for the dd, and red for me. This severely limits my TB buying!!
                            @darbs I tried the color assignment system for our family but it didn't work... Not only was everybody swiping my stuff, I quickly realized I lack willpower when it comes to buying bags!
                            current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color 好的朋友

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by dot View Post
                              My nephews carry their essentials (portable video game systems, snacks, etc...) in sling backpcks, roughly the volume of Darcy's little girl's TB prototype backpack. We'd love for Tom Bihn to revisit the sling backpack design, as we find it quite handy. (I had already put my wishes in an earlier post, but my nephews are also developing a love of TB, and wanted their wish expressed, too!)
                              The original Buzz (sling style) backpack is a great bag of this type.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2955.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	281.1 KB
ID:	298327

                              This is my Plum Buzz from 2004, before the later redesign to have it hold laptops of up to 15" in size. You can see other examples of pictures in the old Remembering the Buzz thread. About the only thing I missed in the old design is O-rings in the main compartment, and I get around that by using a Medium Cafe Bag Freudian Slip, which also lets me access the O-rings in that Freudian Slip's pockets.

                              HTH

                              moriond
                              Last edited by moriond; 03-09-2016, 03:16 PM.

                              Comment


                                The Buzz is beautiful!

                                Thanks, moriond, for sharing your Buzz picture. I had a non-TB sling backpack, with a similar cell phone compartment on the strap and it was SO handy. Your picture and the thread link really makes me nostalgic for that particular style of bag, and I LOVE the way TB designed their bag. A smaller volume bag with that beautiful two-tone coloration would be GREAT for my young nephews!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X