Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,636   Posts: 189,039   Members: 6,623   Active Members: 299
MartyAuste
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, MartyAuste.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fredlet View Post
    Mmm, somewhat. I just find I'm clumsy with side sleeves. And regular wine carriers are just a touch narrow. (I might be a little clumsy too )
    Oh wait, are they a little stretchy? That would be cool!

Comment

Okay, I know this isn't possible, but I have to put it out there as a wish anyway.

My husband has fallen in love with the Sitka color shop bag for our weekly farmers market trips, and so I moved our azalea organizer pouch (which holds our "frequent buyer" cards for various vendors) over from the NWS one he had been happily using. I'll take a picture this weekend, cause this color combination is seriously gorgeous! So much so that while I tend to go slightly more conservative for my larger bags, I'd buy an azalea/Sitka combination in just about any style in a nano second.

Totally unexpected!

Comment

Originally posted by Washu View Post
        What I would really wish for is a swatch card - where we could order a card that has samples - not pictures, but actual small samples - of the various fabrics in all the colors - so we can see what they really look like. I would probably buy so many more things if I could actually see what the colors look like and not rely on my monitor.
        If you call or email, they might be willing to send you a few swatches! They've done it for me before.

Comment

Originally posted by DeBru View Post
          I would love to see the SE in Halcyon colors, whatever they are. My SE has become my favorite EDC.

@darbs I tried the color assignment system for our family but it didn't work... Not only was everybody swiping my stuff, I quickly realized I lack willpower when it comes to buying bags!
          So far so good at my house. Although I only have one kid and she's not even 2 yet. I'm sure she'll hate purple when she gets a little older!

Comment

It'll be awhile before I see my Sitka bag (due to collecting items in California and then posting here) but I've been a little underwhelmed with Sitka and fjord on the screen. They are lovely, no doubt, but compared to zest.. Well. But your idea of azalea and Sitka sounds amazing!

Please BRING BACK AZALEA!

Comment

TB wallet

I'd love to see a wallet. Not like the COWs already available, but a proper bill-fold length wallet with space for US bills to be stored at their full length, not wadded up. Ideally there would be a second currency pocket for all of us globetrotters, a zip coin pocket, a clear ID window, and five credit card slots. I'm thinking of a highly modified knitting tool pouch or riff off of a double organizer pouch. TB could up the ante with a (Velcro-free) passport pocket somewhere in this dream product.

Comment

I think what you're wanting is the return of the Imago. A horizontal format bag about the size of the Maker's Bag but with that all important back pocket, perfectly sized for standard sized folders.

I finally bit the bullet and hacked my old Aubergine Imago, whose hemp swoosh disintegrated and unravelled. I took it to an upholstery shop and had them replace the swoosh with a nice beige upholstery fabric. So nice to have it back into bag circulation!
                Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Comment

Another wish... Steel Halcyon Dark grid exterior.
                  I found TB after Steel Halcyon white grid exterior bags were offered, and I love the 200d pieces I have. I think it would be a great alternative to Black and Nordic
                  current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color 好的朋友

Comment

Originally posted by Portia View Post
                    A well organized bag to hold those ginormous orchestral music folders (about 13"x14") and other gear a musician needs to make it through a long traveling day. Thank you!
                    I second this--something like a larger shop bag, with a slot for a folded up music stand instead of a bottle holder. Well, actually, the bottle holder would work too, but the bag needs to be higher. Lots of room for sheet music and notebooks. And padded handles!
                    Owner of Aeronaut 45, Aubergine/Wasabi; MCB, Plum; Travel Trays, Wasabi, NW Sky & Zest; PCSB, Iberian; PCBP, Steel, black dyneema CP & Pilot

Comment

I know this has been wished for previously, but I really wish there were an Aeronaut 36 or 38L. After using my Skookum Dog medium road duffel, it is a perfect size...if only it had backpack straps. Now that I have used the SD duffel, I am seriously considering an Aeronaut. The kicker is that the A45 seems a bit larger than I may need, but the A30 may be limiting in cooler weather trips. An in between size would be the perfect compromise. Please expand the lineup, and if you want to make some in black halcyon, that would be ok too!
                      "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
                      "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Black/Nordic Halcyon Smart Alec along with the matching upper&lower modulars! So jealous if the Nordic + Upper Mod combo I saw on forums...
                        Currently Own:
                        Shadow Guide [Black], Guide's Edition S25 [Black], Large Cafe Bag [Black Halcyon], Brain Bag [Grey/Steel]

Shared:
                        A45 [Nordic Halcyon], PCBP[Fjord Halcyon], Small Shop Bag [Original Black Dyneema]

Comment

I would really love to see the Swift offered in more bright colors (azalea, French blue, azure, etc.). I love my cardinal/black/steel Swift, but after 5-6 years of daily use, I am ready for a change. Neutral colors just aren't that appealing to me, not for this bag.
                          Tom Bihn addict since 2010: Red/Black/Steel Swift, Sapphire/Steel Small Cafe Bag, Azalea/Sapphire Medium Cafe Bag, Forest/Ultraviolet Night Flight Travel Duffle,Aubergine/Zest Aeronaut 45, Island Travel Tray, Lots of Large Shop Bags, Aubergine/Steel Maker's Bag, Plum Daylight Briefcase, Navy/Iberian Side Effect, French Blue Brain Bag, Orange 152 Field Journal Notebook, and LOTS of multicolor accessories.

Comment

I would not hesitate buying a Nordic Halcyon DLBP!

Comment

Something like a FS but sized to fit in a SE -- so maybe iPod mini sized? I use both my SE and my Swift as EDC and PLO, and I'd love to be able to easily switch out my essentials between the two. Just pockets to carry wallet, cell phone, soft eyeglass case.. with a clip, natch.

There is lots of buzz about this on the Ravelry TB forum (only accessible to Ravelry members).
                              vj_pdx
                              Forum Member
                              Last edited by vj_pdx; 04-30-2016, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Would there be any chance of the PCSB and PCBPs being made in the two new 400D halcyon colors? I know I'm not the only one who wants the PCSB in all the colors
                                Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Comment

Working...
                                X