Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,817   Posts: 191,200   Members: 6,712   Active Members: 264
Welcome to our newest member, toomuchlove.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that we have new Halcyon, might we see a return of the Little Swift (even if only as a limited edition)? Or perhaps a new PLO (purse-like object) silhouette with the same volume as the LS - maybe a satchel shape - gender-neutral, even! - with a choice of cross-body or short (under the arm) strap. I have always really wanted a smaller all-black TB purse in the lighter material. Pretty please, one can hope...

Comment

I took my olive parapack SCB out to dinner (with @Pokilani -- hooray!!!) and really, really wish TB would start making bags with Parapack exteriors again. The Parapack is just so shiny and lovely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
        I took my olive parapack SCB out to dinner (with @Pokilani -- hooray!!!) and really, really wish TB would start making bags with Parapack exteriors again. The Parapack is just so shiny and lovely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        This times one million!!!

Comment

Since this is a thread for wishes...I wish for a Synapse 30 or 30+.

I know we have a Guide Pack, and the lovely Brain Bag, and the cute and chunky Smart Alec...and the Aeronaut family--but there is something magical about the Synapse, and the way it sits on the back. This bag is sleek, this bag is stealthy, this bag is oh so comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. With its' many well-placed and useful pockets, everything has a place, and I can actually find my stuff, as it always goes back to the same pocket. The Synapse is like a familiar, tiny home I carry on my back. I know right away if something is missing from my kit when I am packing up, since each item has an appointed space--empty space=missing item. Keystraps, passport pouches and assorted pouches further make organization a snap within the S25, and ensure nothing falls free from the bag as I am digging through it at customs, at a restaurant, on train or in a crowded plaza surrounded by people.

I have always adored my Synapse, but I think we bonded for real last summer when I was working overseas temporarily for 90 days. I walked to work, so I carried it everyday with me there. On the weekends (some of them four day-ers, yay!), I traveled. I made it to 10 countries in my 90 days--some of them I went to more than once. I went by car, foot, rail, bus and plane-in rain, fog and sun. I put the mighty Synapse through its paces. For my 1-4 day trips, it was my only bag, sometimes with the LCB tucked inside (I did have to check a suitcase on my initial flight overseas, with the S25 as my carryon, due to the fact that all the items necessary for me to perform my job for 90 days could not go in a carryon).

What I learned from this, (other than reinforcing the fact that the world is big and wide and breathtaking and amazing ) is that the only thing that could make the Synapse better, the only thing I could think of, was just a tad more room so that I would only ever have to take a Synapse with me.

I know many folks travel indefinitely with just the S25, or even the S19 (which is fantastic and for which I am full of envy and admiration), but I need just a bit more space, just a wee bit. When I am not working, I am a onebag, no check traveler-and I travel frequently. I am over 6 feet tall and female. I like my toiletries, and my gadgets. It goes without saying that my clothes are not tiny. I love my A30 and my A45, but there is just something about the Synapse, and the way it hugs close to the back...and pockets. Have I mentioned the pockets?

I realize there are tons of arguments for why a larger Synapse isn't necessary, but since this is a place for wishes...

Comment

A Pilot and Swift in black Halcyon/Island. A S19 with an Island exterior. *__*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i wish for....... swift in FUN colors... like turquoise, azure, azalea etc.. the colors now are too masculine.... any fun color with northwest sky interior.... pretty please....

Comment

Ok I know there is no point - sob - but I wish for zest and monarch linings, TSS, YSS, TT, SB, SPIFF KITS, etc.... Now I'll go and cry quietly in my corner... But you never know perhaps as limited edition surprises sometimes?

Comment

Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
                  A S19 with an Island exterior. *__*
                  Yes!! +1 on this. I would get carpal tunnel whipping out my credit card for one. I have been coveting an S19 in UV since I saw pictures in the attachment gallery and have wondered why other colors of 200d dyneema were not used. An Island S19 or a DLBP would be stunning.

Also, would love to see the Side Effect in the 200d Island even in a limited run. My SEs in 200d are my favorite.
                  Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Comment

I have a simple wish, a Nordic Halcyon Co-Pilot with Northwest Sky lining. Maybe a Pilot in the same. I don't have a pilot yet so I don't now what I'm missing.

Comment

YES PLEASE co-pilot in Nordic Halcyon/NWS. I would buy one in a San Francisco minute

Originally posted by Rae View Post
                      I have a simple wish, a Nordic Halcyon Co-Pilot with Northwest Sky lining. Maybe a Pilot in the same. I don't have a pilot yet so I don't now what I'm missing.

I second this motion on CP in new Nordic, with light grey interior. If you make it, I will buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by meekasmom View Post
                        YES PLEASE co-pilot in Nordic Halcyon/NWS. I would buy one in a San Francisco minute
                        I second this motion on CP in new Nordic, with light grey interior. If you make it, I will buy it.
                        What is this San Francisco minute you refer to? I've heard of a New York minute, or, as the Urban Dictionary entry details:

A New York minute is an instant. Or as Johnny Carson once said, it's the interval between a Manhattan traffic light turning green and the guy behind you honking his horn.

It appears to have originated in Texas around 1967. It is a reference to the frenzied and hectic pace of New Yorkers' lives. A New Yorker does in an instant what a Texan would take a minute to do.
                        I'll have that ready for you in a New York Minute
                        by RJB December 15, 2003
                        moriond
                        Last edited by moriond; 05-12-2016, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Could we someday (soon) see a smaller Empire Builder but with similar depth of 7".
                          While, the remaining dimension like Height is about 11" -12" and length of 14" - 15", to fit a smaller and more current common 13-14" Laptop.

I still like to carry as many stuff as possible especially A4 Folders but hope for a smaller Height and Length so it wouldn't overwhelm my smaller body.
                          Also, with similar depth 7", it could be a versatile Bag - great for DLSR Camera Bag as well. Something like Think Tank Photo Urban Disguise.

I understand Empire Builder has been around for way longer than Think Tank Photo Urban Disguise. Hence, I really hope the good for Empire Builder could further carry-on to the next.
                          Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
                          Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
                          Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
                          Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Comment

I like to see what a Smart Alec would look like with black Halcyon sides and Nordic Halcyon center.

Comment

A simple drawstring backpack - with a nice TB logo silk-screened on it - in green!!!!

Maybe a line of TB tee shirts???
                              never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....
                              be nice - until it's time to not be nice.......what separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize...

Comment

A "mini" cafe bag. I love the shape and style of the small, but I would so love a mini version about half the size.

Comment

Working...
                                X