Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,817   Posts: 191,200   Members: 6,712   Active Members: 264
Welcome to our newest member, toomuchlove.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDF View Post
    A "mini" cafe bag. I love the shape and style of the small, but I would so love a mini version about half the size.
    So a Side Effect with a flap?

Comment

Originally posted by tebnewyork View Post
      I like to see what a Smart Alec would look like with black Halcyon sides and Nordic Halcyon center.
      I actually just want a totally Black Halcyon SA, which I guess we will see sometime in the future.

But I think a Black Halcyon SA with Original Halcyon in the center would be gorgeous and graphic and unique and, yes, a bit dizzying but in a cool way.

Comment

Always on my Wish List: The Return of the Little Swift. Preferably in blue.

Comment

So a Side Effect with a flap?
          Not exactly, I think the Side Effect is a different shape and a bit plainer in appearance. I prefer the messenger bag style and elongated shape of the cafe bag... It's a very cool looking bag. So, the same exact cafe bag just a mini version a la the "Mini Swift". This is probably because I am petite and rather vertically challenged 5'-1" (ok almost haha) so I am always looking for the mini version of all my accessories lol.

Comment

Not exactly, I think the Side Effect is a different shape and a bit plainer in appearance. I prefer the messenger bag style and elongated shape of the cafe bag... It's a very cool looking bag. So, the same exact cafe bag just a mini version a la the "Mini Swift". This is probably because I am petite and rather vertically challenged 5'-1" (ok almost haha) so I am always looking for the mini version of all my accessories lol.
            My mother who is under 5' now carries the SCB. It's pretty small.

Comment

My mother who is under 5' now carries the SCB. It's pretty small.
              Yes, thanks for letting me know about your Mom. I may order the small soon anyway because I really do love the style/organization and hopefully it will work for me as an EDC. I carry very little with me usually-- medium wallet, keys, & a small pouch, but like the idea of also being able to carry a small notebook or a book to read. No pics of your Mom with the bag by any chance? Every time I find a pic/review online of the SCB I can't judge the height/frame of the carrier. Perfectionism may be the death of me.

Comment

Here's a comparison of the SCB vs. MCB on me, with some pictures. I'm a smidge under five feet tall. The MCB was overwhelming but I found the SCB great for travel (I carry a bit more for EDC). That said, I have often wished for a smaller cross-body TB bag, for when I just want to leave the house with keys and my wallet.

Yes, thanks for letting me know about your Mom. I may order the small soon anyway because I really do love the style/organization and hopefully it will work for me as an EDC. I carry very little with me usually-- medium wallet, keys, & a small pouch, but like the idea of also being able to carry a small notebook or a book to read. No pics of your Mom with the bag by any chance? Every time I find a pic/review online of the SCB I can't judge the height/frame of the carrier. Perfectionism may be the death of me.

Comment

Originally posted by haraya View Post
                  Here's a comparison of the SCB vs. MCB on me, with some pictures. I'm a smidge under five feet tall. The MCB was overwhelming but I found the SCB great for travel (I carry a bit more for EDC). That said, I have often wished for a smaller cross-body TB bag, for when I just want to leave the house with keys and my wallet.
                  Thank you so much, @haraya! This is so helpful. The small does looks great on you, but may be overkill for what I run out of the house with on a daily basis. But, as you mentioned I could always use the SCB for travel if it is too much for my typical EDC. I like the style so much. Thanks again!

Comment

Qkits in halcyon and cordura! I don't mind if they are floppy in non-ballistic. They would be so useful! And so colourful!!

Comment

a san francisco minute is about 10 times longer than a new york minute

because you have to pause to smell the flowers before you can act...

Laid back (get it?) (joke)

Comment

Almost a passport pouch-sized cafe bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2016 Wish List

While I realize this will not be an offering, I very much wish the PCBP WF/TS version had been offered in fjord and/or the other limited edition colors. A fjord one would have been amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
                          "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

I wish for... Aubergine Halcyon, an SCB with a horizontal orientation, and then those 2 wishes combined.

Comment

bag to fit inside backpack

I'd like a bag with the following qualities:
                              • easy to attach and remove, sitting vertically inside Brain Bag, Synapse 25, or Smart Alec
                              • uses zippers, not hook-loop closure
                              • large enough to contain Cache (for MacBook Pro 15" Retina), with room to spare for iPad and a few papers
                              • shoulder strap and handle

Use case 1: I commute to work with a full pack. I leave the backpack in the office, and carry only the laptop and/or iPad to meetings
                              Use case 2: I travel to a conference with a full pack. I leave the backpack in the hotel room, and take a notebook

The Brain Cell attaches inside a backpack, but can hold only one device.
                              The Freudian Slip holds multiple devices -- but not my laptop -- and also lacks shoulder straps.

Comment

For the love of all that is good and colorful...if there is ANY fabric remaining, PLEASEEEE make a run of Steel/(Monarch or Fjord or Zest) A30's or MB's.

Grey/Orange is one of my favorite color combos! The Steel/Wasabi is good, but these would be GREAT

Comment

Working...
                                X