Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,776   Posts: 190,660   Members: 6,660   Active Members: 268
Welcome to our newest member, frogmore.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh how nice! Since most people use tablets and e-readers now, maybe they will bring back the small original version (wishful thinking over here) I don't even own a laptop anymore. If I need Windows OS for example, I use a small "Microsoft" 7 " Winbook that has everything a standard laptop does, but in a miniature size. It fits anywhere and a great size for a sling.

In the meantime, I guess I will just wish upon a lucky star that a new version of a sling will appear on the TB site!

Thanks moriond for providing the link.
    Western Flyer (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Synapse 25 (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Large Cafe Bag (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Parental Bag (used as a carryon), and Shop Bags (Org Halcyon, Iberian, Wasabi)

Comment

Originally posted by terayon View Post
      The Synapse is not a sling, but you can slip one arm out of the strap and swing it under your other arm to the front without removing it. The right and left side pockets are positioned to be beautifully accessible this way - that's why my keys are in there.
      See @GEOcycles's Synapse continues to surprise thread for examples. (It's why I keep my shop bags in one of those front side pockets.) But, the Buzz sling design is really something special. We used to get forum posts from people on crutches or in wheel chairs, or with damaged/immobilized shoulders stating why the Buzz was uniquely useful for them during these periods, and how they could still easily access everything. That level of easy access is not matched by the Synapse, however much I love its design. (This is also why I hold onto my original Buzz).

HTH

moriond

Comment

I'm hoping for a Parental Unit in the new black halcyon with an island interior.

Comment

I'm dying to see some new/alternate colorways for ballistic bags - I've about sold two people on the Smart Alec, but they're not loving the current choices, and I didn't know if what they want has ever been available. So let's see something different! Steel/Wasabi! Navy/NWS! Burnt Orange/UV! Aubersky!!! These are all options for the SE and I think most of them are available for the Aeronauts, but I really want to see the SA and the Co-Pilot/Pilot options expanded.
          Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
          Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

Comment

I would like the return of a true cross-body strap, like a Q-AM strap with snaphook attachments. (My niece pointed to my cafe bag stap, and exclaimed that she wanted a detachable one, with snaphooks.)

Comment

I'm wishing for a pocket with hook that fits my iphone 5s or similar. Something like the luggage tag, but a wee bit bigger. Am I missing an obvious find already on the site?

Comment

A combination swift and parental unit -
                -crossbody strap like parental unit
                -outer pocket like parental unit eg curved three sections plus smaller pocket
                -stands up like swift
                -tardis quality like swift
                -zest interior

Ok, I'll be flexible about the internal colour but everything else is not negotiable. I want it, and I want it now.

Comment

I'd love a Large Café Bag in Nordic Halcyon/Wasabi or Nordic/Iberian. Or any other bright new interior color that might be coming down the pike. :-) Right now all but the Original Halcyon LCBs have navy interiors, and as much as I love a good navy blue, I prefer brighter interior colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Co-Pilot (Nordic Halcyon/Wasabi), Medium Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Olive), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Cloud), Ristretto 13" (Black/Steel), Side Effect (Nordic Halcyon/Wasabi)

Comment

I would love to see a Snake Charmer in halcyon, maybe in Island, Nordic, or black halcyon. I recently acquired one in navy parapack and think it's great but would like the option of halcyon.

Also, wishing for a return of 200d halcyon Side Effects and S19s. I regret to have found TB after those things were retired.
                    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Comment

I'd like to see Aether clean dirty cubes. So like the laundry stuff sack only as a zippered cube with a floating panel in the middle and zippers on both sides. That way I could keep the cube the same size and still pack flat. In other words, like the EC Specter clean dirty cubes only sized for the A30 and WF (which are the TB bags I have).
                      Last edited by BWeaves; 08-12-2016, 09:10 AM.

Comment

I'd like to see an expandable Synapse 25. I have no idea how it would work exactly, but I'd love to be able to expand my day to day 25 to like 30L for a bit more breathing room for travel. Yet, somehow still keep that clean Synapse look.

Oh, and also redesign the mesh back to have more airflow. I know it's a backpack and you can only do so much, but more air is good.
                        Last edited by linh.n; 08-14-2016, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Would love to see the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in Black Halcyon and Nordic Halcyon again. :-)

Comment

2016 Wish List

Another item for the wish list: as someone who is (ahem) somewhat horizontally challenged, a longer Absolute strap--or some way to extend the current one--would be welcomed. With the current one, my Ristretto hangs just a bit higher up than I would prefer when I wear it cross-body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Co-Pilot (Nordic Halcyon/Wasabi), Medium Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Olive), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Cloud), Ristretto 13" (Black/Steel), Side Effect (Nordic Halcyon/Wasabi)

Comment

Side effects in more dyneema/halcyon colours - zest, solar, (ok I know impossible but this is a wish list),... Island, uv, etc.

Comment

Pretty please...A Smart Alec in Nordic/UV or Nordic/NWS...Pretty please? While I will admit Wasabi pairs very well with Nordic, I just can't do it...I must have a [ah-choo!] Wasabi [sniff-sniff] allergy...

ETA: Nordic/Iberian would work too. I already have a Nordic UMP waiting for its mama.
                                Last edited by Pokilani; 08-23-2016, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X