Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,824   Posts: 191,291   Members: 6,694   Active Members: 260
Welcome to our newest member, willydgil.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crinoidea View Post
    Yes.

I ordered a cordura pencil case with a "well, we'll see how this goes" approach, and put "bright blue" in the color preferences box. I was hoping for turquoise or light blue or French blue or even a royal blue like Nordic (I knew to not expect Halycon). I got Navy. It's a bummer. shipping is too much relative to the size of the item to send back and reorder, so I'm just dealing with my disappointment. I'll buy the "we'll choose a color for you" items on eBay or a resale group. I wanted something bright I could spot easily, not something that blends in with everything.
    Since the pouches are made from scrap material, allowing people to order what might not be in stock is a recipe for lots of headaches. Keeping only what's in stock current on the drop-down menu would be someone's full time job and a huge pain in the butt.

You can always write a request like "azure or French blue only; otherwise remove Pouch X from my order." You can also call and have someone check to see if they have what you want before you order. Just FYI for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wish list is an overseas shipment method according to the product. I want a Travel Tray, but it's absurd to pay $65 for the shipment to Europe. It fits in a standard flat envelope which can be sent for under $6 with USPS...
      -- Travelling the world, slowly

Comment

I recently began looking for a tool bag. I'm in no hurry to buy one, but my wish for 2017 (?) is for a rugged, made in USA, Tom Bihn tool bag. Essentially, I'd like it to have a super rugged bottom, maybe a solid handle?, lots of pockets for all manner of tools and an open center for larger tools.
        Carry what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Crinoidea View Post

I ordered a cordura pencil case with a "well, we'll see how this goes" approach, and put "bright blue" in the color preferences box. I was hoping for turquoise or light blue or French blue or even a royal blue like Nordic (I knew to not expect Halycon). I got Navy. It's a bummer. shipping is too much relative to the size of the item to send back and reorder, so I'm just dealing with my disappointment. I'll buy the "we'll choose a color for you" items on eBay or a resale group. I wanted something bright I could spot easily, not something that blends in with everything.
          I ordered a double organizer pouch and got navy, too. I hate navy with a passion. I immediately e-mailed them and they kindly swapped it out for a purple one, and they paid the shipping. It never hurts to ask.

Comment

I wish for a Western Flyer with one main compartment, with the zipper at the top edge, so you'd have the entire depth to work with. And pink dyneema or halcyon. Compression packing cubes would be nice too.

Comment

I wish for a smaller version of Hero's Journey, the size of A30. That would suit those of us who are shorter, skinnier and not strong enough to carry a loaded full size Hero's Journey.

Comment

My wish would be some alterations to the Medium/Large cafe bags to make them more commuter-friendly:
                1. a small flap pocket on the front corner for grabbing a bus/subway pass and/or phone
                2. a way to move the "cushion" on the strap so i can actually use it on my shoulder when I shorten the strap to wear it on one shoulder (not cross-body). Right now it's unusable when I shorten the strap.

oops i thought I had more! the Medium Cafe was my favorite commuter bag when I lived in New York city (now i'm in Seattle!)

Comment

Working...
                X