Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,745   Posts: 190,322   Members: 6,605   Active Members: 251
Welcome to our newest member, MeaningwaveExists.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lightweight diaper backpack with lots of organization especially for babywearers!

Comment

I would love a stuff sack specifically sized to fit in the bottom pocket of the Synapse 19!

Comment

I love the zippered pockets on the S25 Freudian Slip. It'd be neat to have one or two on the Brain Cell Freudian Slip.

Also, I don't have something specifically in mind, but there needs to be an accessory for the Brain Bag called the Frontal Lobe, and it should be badass.

Comment

Originally posted by janamastana View Post
          I would love a stuff sack specifically sized to fit in the bottom pocket of the Synapse 19!
          A 3D Organizer Cube, or a size 1 or size 2 stuff sack all fit equally well in the bottom pocket of my S19. I suppose you could also do a size 3 stuff sack but then I tend to overpack it and have a hard time squeezing it into the pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by dinoshan View Post
            A lightweight diaper backpack with lots of organization especially for babywearers!
            I'm curious, what features would you like to see in a babywearing backpack?

There's a discussion here about the virtues of the S19/S25 (and mention of the PCBP and Daylight BP) for babywearers:

http://forums.tombihn.com/questions-...ht=babywearing

Alternately, I tended to like a cross-body bag when I was still babywearing (so in the TB lineup now, I'd think about the Parental Unit or Makers' Bag), or you could keep an eye on eBay and see if the Buzz (sling-type) meets your needs. (I've never seen the Buzz IRL, so I don't know how long the strap is, but I thought it was worth mentioning. )

Comment

Originally posted by jdowney83 View Post
              A Green or "Emerald" interior dyneema.

A wallet or ID card/card holder
              Great ideas from jdowney83. Dyneema is lacking anything from the green family. Either a bright spring/peashoot green, or a much darker forest green would be wonderful, as well as a dark burgundy.

I would LOVE to see an ID card holder; so many of us have to wear our ID cards around the office. I'm using a clear organizer wallet but it would be nice to have the O-ring/clip centered rather than on a corner, so it doesn't hand diagonally (both vertical and horizontal models would be great). Maybe even something as simple as the Luggage Tag, but with the handle not be so long so I could clip it onto a lanyard strap. And for the lanyard strap? A long version of the Handle Loop would work great!

Originally posted by MtnMan View Post
              Wish #1: A faster and more reliable web-site for Tom Bihn's enterprises. (Lately, it's been sluggish, and recently a thread I started lost several of its postings.)
              This has been an issue, especially when releases are announced.

I'd like to add to this, the introduction of pre-sale pre-orders. With this last big announcement of products, the TB website essentially broke, and this greatly affected a lot of people's abilities to actually order things.

Coming from the world of Disney where crazy people spend ungodly amounts of money for collectibles, may I suggest one alternative method for announcing new products?

The current teasing is great; it really builds up excitement. But make the actual announcement and reveal a SEPARATE process from the actual ordering process. Introduce all the new things you will be selling. Just don't allow us to purchase anything until a certain date. This will give us time to ooh and aah, take our time reading details, budgeting, and deciding what we want. Then allow the most devoted of your clients to pre-order (and by "most devoted," I mean those who check the website and forums all the time so they're in the loop, although you'd also announce this in your email list and blog?). This will help give you an idea of demand ("Oh my goodness, EVERYBODY wants this new pink polka-dot doohickey! We'd better make more than we planned") and will actually help meet customer demand better. We just need to know when the items will be ready to ship ("You can pre-order this now but it will not ship for another month" etc.).

This will do two things: Decrease the chances of your website crashing and customers not able to buy things because the website isn't working properly due to heavy traffic, and also predict customer demand for various products in advance, and know that every item you make for pre-order sales will have been purchased already (so you don't have any extra inventory before you make something available as a regularly stocked item).

Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post
              It's not Dyneema, but this could be what you're looking for:
              MatadorUp | MatadorUp Home
              But of course, it's not TB. ;-)
              There's also something similar called Monkey Mat that was successfully funded through Shark Tank (Monkey Mat).

Finally, my standing request: A Packing Cube Backpack-sized shoulder bag, please. I just want the same dimensions as the PCBP (so it fits the Aeronaut or Tri-Star) but rather than backpack straps, have D-rings on the sides so I could slip a shoulder strap. I don't need anything fancy like a Maker Bag. Just yesterday, when my husband and I were flying home from Hawaii, we each had our own Tri-Stars and our own PCBPs. As it works with many of our trips, as we gain extras (souvenirs), we just take the PCBP out of the Tri-Star and carry the PCBP separately.

We wear our Tri-Stars as backpacks. Now we have a problem. We have TWO backpacks. I wear the PCBP on the front (like a marsupial) and my husband wears his PCBP ON TOP of the Tri-Star. Both are quite awkward. A shoulder bag version would've been perfect in this example.

I've been wanting one of those for a while, and I'll keep asking!! Thanks. ^_^
              Last edited by Lani; 12-22-2015, 12:15 PM.

Comment

I'm really enjoying the Moveable Feast - makes a great grocery bag for carrying items long distances on a road trip, and keeps cold items quite well-insulated also. The handles are strong and it holds a tremendous amount.

It would be great to see a bag just like the Moveable Feast but without any dividers - a large and structured tote in ballistic.

Comment

I would love an external dyneema color that is *not* black. I really like dyneema, but do not want a black bag.
                  Indigo/Black Swift, Kiwi little Swift, Indigo Side Effect, Punch Small Cafe bag, Plum Clear Organizer Wallet, Tall Yarn Stuff sacks in Solar and Steel,

Comment

+1,000,000 to more Azalea and red! AND A MAKERS BAG WITH STEEL (OR HECK, EVEN BLACK) WITH ULTRAVIOLET INSIDE.

Please. I beg you.

Comment

Oh, and while we're at it, I'd really love an Azalea DLBP.

Comment

Also putting in my usual request for:
                        - All fabric double org pouches
                        - For steel to not be replaced by northwest sky
                        - 2 colours of ultrasuede dividers in the COW. I use my COW as a wallet everyday and find it easier to find the dividers at a glance when they're different colours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by haraya View Post
                          I'm curious, what features would you like to see in a babywearing backpack?

There's a discussion here about the virtues of the S19/S25 (and mention of the PCBP and Daylight BP) for babywearers:

http://forums.tombihn.com/questions-...ht=babywearing

Alternately, I tended to like a cross-body bag when I was still babywearing (so in the TB lineup now, I'd think about the Parental Unit or Makers' Bag), or you could keep an eye on eBay and see if the Buzz (sling-type) meets your needs. (I've never seen the Buzz IRL, so I don't know how long the strap is, but I thought it was worth mentioning. )
                          I saw that thread, in fact I am also in Singapore like the thread starter. It's really hot and humid here in Singapore and babywearing for just few minutes under the hot sun can get me sweating a lot. I usually make my way quickly to my destination where it is air-conditioned or has a huge ceiling fan. I've also read about the discussion of sweating when using S19 although I'm not sure how that would affect me if I'm wrapping my baby with the woven wrap crossed on my back (same as the thread starter in the thread you mentioned).

I tried cross-body but it didn't work for me. If I was using a ringsling, I would need a crossbody but I've since ditched the ringsling for woven wrap when my baby turns 3 months old. I doubt I would ever look back on a ringsling again if I have another baby because the weight of the baby and a crossbody bag is really painful for the shoulder wearing it.

I bought the LCB which I thought would fit my needs when wrapping my baby, but I was wrong - I still could not take the weight of the diaper bag on one shoulder while I have my baby's weight comfortably distributed to my shoulders and back. I'll definitely still need a small crossbody bag (decided on the Side Effect for this) for my essentials like wallet and phone etc but there's the need for a diaper backpack for my baby (and toddler if I bring both out).

In the back of my mind, I would like to see these features in a diaper backpack:
                          1) Bottle pockets - I'm breastfeeding so I would bring my bottle along everywhere. Would also bring a bottle for my toddler too if we are out together. These pockets would also be helpful for formula feeding mothers who needs to fit milk bottles, vaccum flask etc

2) Organisation pockets or lots of O-rings - The PU looks great with all the pockets but personally I seldom (or don't know how to) utilize all the pockets in bags so O-rings will be helpful if I decide to organise the baby stuff in cubes and hook them to it. The PCBP does not have much o-rings..

3) Dedicated diapering pocket - This needs to fit the diapering essentials: changing mat, diapers, wet wipes, rash cream (optional). Basically this pocket needs to be accessible from the outside as we don't want to fiddle with the main compartment digging out these stuff for a diaper change

4) Main compartment with zippers all the way down the sides - This is like the PCBP but is lacking in DLBP, the zippers needs to run through the sides so if I organised my stuff in packing cubes I would just need to fix the zippers where I place my stuff, unzip it and just grab it from the sides instead of opening the entire main compartment just to grab a cube.

5) Mummy/daddy pocket - to fit all the essentials for mummy and/or daddy! I know this can be compensated with a crossbody bag but it's good to have if we decide to just bring a backpack out.

6) Light back padding - hope to have some padding to make wearing the bag more comfortable!

7) Structured body - so the bag can stand on its own.

This seems like a long list, but it's a wish list anyway! Honestly, Ju-ju-be's Be Right Back is probably the bag I'm looking for but I've read too many stories about the straps breaking off so I'm not ready to pay for a bag that might just fall apart one day if I load too much! Although I'm a lightpacker, I may tend to overload my bags with my shopping stuff!

The current TB bags that I've considered includes S19 (but not fond of the sweating part) and DLBP (zippers does not run all the way down and I doubt it could stand on its own?) but I hope I can find a more suitable backpack for my babywearing and baby needs.

Comment

Hmm, let's see....

1) I would love a return of Forest Ballistic
                            2) a modified Buzz; this was my first Tom Bihn bag waaay back when. If it could have an internal pocket for a MacBook Air sized laptop (or iPad, etc), and an iPhone 6S+ sized phone pocket, that'd be great
                            3) bright lime green Dyneema!
                            4) definitely a return of a red ballistic - Cardinal?
                            Eat well, travel often.

Comment

Based on your list - I would say either the Synapse (pick the size that will be most useful for you) - has side and center pockets that can hold bottles; or you can use the center or bottom pockets instead for diaper essentials in a 3D cube or a Snake Charmer. Though, it doesn't zip all the way down;

- or the Smart Alec, which doesn't zip down but is top-loading. In ballistic, the SA stands very well.

Comment

Originally posted by haraya View Post
                                Based on your list - I would say either the Synapse (pick the size that will be most useful for you) - has side and center pockets that can hold bottles; or you can use the center or bottom pockets instead for diaper essentials in a 3D cube or a Snake Charmer. Though, it doesn't zip all the way down;

- or the Smart Alec, which doesn't zip down but is top-loading. In ballistic, the SA stands very well.
                                Thanks for your recommendation! Just to check if I decide on S19, is 3D cube the one that fits in the bottom pocket? I read about snake charmer fitting in S25. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X