Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,636   Posts: 189,039   Members: 6,623   Active Members: 299
MartyAuste
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, MartyAuste.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    theredheadsaid
    Forum Member

• theredheadsaid
    replied
    My wish would be some alterations to the Medium/Large cafe bags to make them more commuter-friendly:
    1. a small flap pocket on the front corner for grabbing a bus/subway pass and/or phone
    2. a way to move the "cushion" on the strap so i can actually use it on my shoulder when I shorten the strap to wear it on one shoulder (not cross-body). Right now it's unusable when I shorten the strap.

oops i thought I had more! the Medium Cafe was my favorite commuter bag when I lived in New York city (now i'm in Seattle!)

Leave a comment:

• sharkh
    Forum Member

• sharkh
    replied
    I wish for a smaller version of Hero's Journey, the size of A30. That would suit those of us who are shorter, skinnier and not strong enough to carry a loaded full size Hero's Journey.

Leave a comment:

• s_clarsach
    Forum Member

• s_clarsach
    replied
    I wish for a Western Flyer with one main compartment, with the zipper at the top edge, so you'd have the entire depth to work with. And pink dyneema or halcyon. Compression packing cubes would be nice too.

Leave a comment:

• BWeaves
    Forum Member

• BWeaves
    replied
    Originally posted by Crinoidea View Post

I ordered a cordura pencil case with a "well, we'll see how this goes" approach, and put "bright blue" in the color preferences box. I was hoping for turquoise or light blue or French blue or even a royal blue like Nordic (I knew to not expect Halycon). I got Navy. It's a bummer. shipping is too much relative to the size of the item to send back and reorder, so I'm just dealing with my disappointment. I'll buy the "we'll choose a color for you" items on eBay or a resale group. I wanted something bright I could spot easily, not something that blends in with everything.
    I ordered a double organizer pouch and got navy, too. I hate navy with a passion. I immediately e-mailed them and they kindly swapped it out for a purple one, and they paid the shipping. It never hurts to ask.

Leave a comment:

• mkeith12
    Forum Member

• mkeith12
    replied
    I recently began looking for a tool bag. I'm in no hurry to buy one, but my wish for 2017 (?) is for a rugged, made in USA, Tom Bihn tool bag. Essentially, I'd like it to have a super rugged bottom, maybe a solid handle?, lots of pockets for all manner of tools and an open center for larger tools.

Leave a comment:

• aremesal
    Forum Member

• aremesal
    replied
    My wish list is an overseas shipment method according to the product. I want a Travel Tray, but it's absurd to pay $65 for the shipment to Europe. It fits in a standard flat envelope which can be sent for under $6 with USPS...

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    Volunteer ********* Alumni

• Badger
    replied
    Originally posted by Crinoidea View Post
    Yes.

I ordered a cordura pencil case with a "well, we'll see how this goes" approach, and put "bright blue" in the color preferences box. I was hoping for turquoise or light blue or French blue or even a royal blue like Nordic (I knew to not expect Halycon). I got Navy. It's a bummer. shipping is too much relative to the size of the item to send back and reorder, so I'm just dealing with my disappointment. I'll buy the "we'll choose a color for you" items on eBay or a resale group. I wanted something bright I could spot easily, not something that blends in with everything.
    Since the pouches are made from scrap material, allowing people to order what might not be in stock is a recipe for lots of headaches. Keeping only what's in stock current on the drop-down menu would be someone's full time job and a huge pain in the butt.

You can always write a request like "azure or French blue only; otherwise remove Pouch X from my order." You can also call and have someone check to see if they have what you want before you order. Just FYI for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Crinoidea
    Forum Member

• Crinoidea
    replied
    Originally posted by Fluff View Post
    1) The ability to order halcyon organizer pouches by specific color. I know TB's customer service always tries to accommodate requests, but it would be so much easier to plan out an order if I knew which colors of which sizes I would be getting.
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• ultravisitor
    Forum Member

• ultravisitor
    replied
    I want a small or medium Cafe Bag-sized messenger, but I want it WITHOUT a flap over the top. It would be great if we could have a messenger with a zip across the top instead of a flap. I just don't like flaps on bags that I reach in and out of repeatedly over the course of a day.

Oh, if halcyon were to be available in white or grey (both with either black or grey grid stitching), that would be super sweet. Damn, I would love a white halcyon bag...
    ultravisitor
    Forum Member
    Last edited by ultravisitor; 11-18-2016, 11:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lani
    Forum Member

• Lani
    replied
    Originally posted by Fluff View Post
    3) I would like to see a personal item that's a reversible transformer shoulder bag and backpack like the Hero's Journey top. That way, when you're two-bagging it with an A45/A30/Tri-Star/WF and the personal item, you can change your personal item configuration to match your carry-on (carry-on backpack + small shoulder bag or shoulder-carry-on + small backpack)
    I'd love to see a convertible Packing Cube Backpack. Maybe simply removable straps and clips so you can slip the straps on to wear as a backpack or as a shoulder bag? Rather than the zipper going completely around in an upside U as it is now, have it go from the bottom to the diagonal opposite or so? (so if you carry it as a shoulder bag you don't accidentally unzip and spill everything out).

I could see something clever, like a little loop (with a little clip?) at the top (where the current little handle is for the PCBP) where you thread the strap through, then clip the ends on the bottom -- voila, you get a backpack! Or unclip it, and clip on just one bottom, and clip the other end of the strap to that little loop and voila! A shoulder bag! That would be perfect!

Leave a comment:

• nutmeg
    Forum Member

• nutmeg
    replied
    A handle/shoulder strap for the Smart Alec, similar to the Hero's Journey clip on handle that could maybe attach to the bungie loops on the top, and/or a shoulder strap that could somehow attach (or, I guess, a way to attach an absolute strap to the SA)...

And a second chance at a fjord travel tray

Leave a comment:

• benh
    Forum Member

• benh
    replied
    I an patiently awaiting Brain Bag 2: Cranial Innovation. A re-imagined, refreshed Brain Bag that takes all of the awesome things about the BB and all of the awesome things about the Synapse, and all of the other awesome things I'm not thinking about, and turns it into the backpack I can't live without.

I really want a BB, but am having a hard time pulling the trigger due to my sense that something better this way comes.

Leave a comment:

• GrussGott
    Forum Member

• GrussGott
    replied
    My "white whale" bag is a personal item that can be shoulder carried since, if you've got an A30/45 you'll likely be wearing that as your backpack since it's the bigger heavier bag, and now you need a hand-carry / shoulder-carry personal item.

It would have these features:

* ~25L
    * shoulder-strap carry mode, but ideally all 3 modes (backpack, shoulder strap, hand carry)
    * some organization, multiple pockets including a water bottle pocket
    * Shaped to fit under the seat of most large airplanes (e.g., 737s)

- The NFTD comes close but it's too small and not arranged right; for me it's kind of too small for this, not shaped right for that.
    - The Pilot is too small, but otherwise it's really close
    - The WF is close but the organization isn't right and the 2 compartments chop up the space wrong for a personal item
    - The Synapse 25 is great except no shoulder-carry / hand-carry option

The Smart Alec would be PERFECT especially given the front elastic for scrunch downs but, again, no side carry option ... I've been wondering I could vertically line one side of the main compartment with foam or plastic and then connect a shoulder strap to the gate keeper loops at the top and bottom to carry horizontal, with the foam keeping the bag from collapsing in the side-center ....

What I'd love the bag for is personal travel: an SA type bag could hold a change of clothes, shoes/sandals, headphones, electronics, etc. I like to wear jeans and running shoes on the airplane and then change to short / sandals when I get to where I'm going so my ideal personal item would easily handle that, but could be an over-night bag on it's own. The SA is also perfect with the elastic on the front for a coat, etc. If it only had a side-carry option!!!
    GrussGott
    Forum Member
    Last edited by GrussGott; 10-15-2016, 10:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sharkh
    Forum Member

• sharkh
    replied
    Originally posted by vkigus View Post
    Oh, that would be cool!
    That will be the coolest transformer. I want one please.

Leave a comment:

• Fluff
    Forum Member

• Fluff
    replied
    Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
    Just curious, did you buy your Swift recently?
    No, I did not try a Swift from the most recent batches--I'm wary of all cordura making close contact with my clothes. Luckily for me there are halcyon DLBCs, DLBPs, and cafe bags.

I actually really like the "natural" canvas-like feel of Tom Bihn's cordura, but I will keep it to things like the wallets and pouches.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X