Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,301   Posts: 197,936   Members: 7,255   Active Members: 177
Welcome to our newest member, thefrillyhell.

SuperEgo's Colours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SunWolf
    replied
    The bags arrived on Monday, and today is my first trip with the Super Ego sitting on the train seat next to me. It is pretty heavy with the PowerBook inside, cables, keyboard, all that stuff, and quite a few papers besides; it is quite comfortable to carry, though, and it does lokk great.

The Brain Bag still waits to b shown around Vienna.

Wladimir

Leave a comment:

• SunWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    Our factory is going to make a batch of Black/Steel/Crimson Super Ego bags.
    They should be ready in mid-November. They're available for pre-order now.
    Thanks, Darcy, I am amazed by how flexible you are. I had another loo, though, and decided to go for black/steel with the colour being in the strips (I ordered a number of them). UPS should deliver them today, and I can hardly wait to finnaly hold one in my hand.

One more thing: I did order a Brain Bag, was disappointed that there was only the black one available. However, Casey Anderson arranged for me to have one done in Sapphire for me so that it could be shipped together with the other one. Shipping costs to Europe are pretty high, and to pay them two times I wasn't too excited about.

I am very much impressed by your flexibility and your customer orientation. I feel well served, and, again, looking forward to finally see a Tom Bihn bag in real life. So far, all I saw were pictures on the net.

Hello from Vienna,
    Wladimir

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by ScrptWritr View Post
    Many thanks to you, Tom, Josh and the staff in the fair city of Seattle for being, well, for being so awesome. To borrow from some far more accomplished writers than myself: “Here’s looking at you, kids.”
    You are very welcome! I'm glad we could do it for you. It's part of what makes having our very own factory in Seattle so great.

Leave a comment:

• ScrptWritr
    replied
    The Return of the Black/Crimson/Steel Super Ego!

Darcy,

Elated? That would be an understatement. I’ve already placed my order and am strenuously resisting marking tiny “x’s” on the calendar, waiting for November to arrive.

Many thanks to you, Tom, Josh and the staff in the fair city of Seattle for being, well, for being so awesome. To borrow from some far more accomplished writers than myself: “Here’s looking at you, kids.”

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Our factory is going to make a batch of Black/Steel/Crimson Super Ego bags.
    They should be ready in mid-November. They're available for pre-order now.

Leave a comment:

• ScrptWritr
    replied
    The Return of the Black/Crimson/Steel Super Ego?

Thanks, Wladimir for your post (and Darcy for your answer). Josh was lightning quick in his response to my own recent question about the return of the black/crimson/steel Super Ego.

I too have been browsing the site for some time (on a daily basis, I’m not ashamed to admit) planning for the day when I could hit the “purchase now” button on my own Super Ego complete with Brain Cell and assorted cork and non-cork accessories.

Well, a couple of weeks ago the planets (and dollar bills) aligned and I was finally able to procure my first (but not last, I’m certain) Tom Bihn bag. Needles to say I was crestfallen to discover the black/crimson/steel color combination was not available.

Some may question the use of the word “crestfallen” in connection with a laptop bag purchase, but this wasn’t just any bag, at least not for me. I’m a screenwriter and this bag was destined to carry my laptop (complete, of course, with soon-to-be-classic screenplays for blockbuster action movies, independent dramas and plot-twisting thrillers) to movie sets in exotic locations in every corner of the globe. No other bag in any other colors could possibly take its place.

Hopefully, there are others who feel the black/crimson/steel Super Ego is worthy of a return engagement. If so, I’ll be first in line to order mine.

In the meantime, thanks for being a company of quality and conscience and providing a forum for those of us who care about how we (and our stuff) travel from here to there and back again.

Leave a comment:

• SunWolf
    replied
    Thanks, Darcy, for this quick reply. I am sorry to read that, though, since I particularly like the colourful bags, getting rid of the black/black ones I am using right now.

I might be able to wait for crimson, hope it'll make an appearance.

Best regards,
    Wladimir

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Welcome, Wladimir!

The colors listed in the drop-down menu are the only colors that the Super Ego is available in. A Super Ego with a Sapphire flap won't be available anytime soon, and Crimson may or may not make another appearance. If it does, it would be available in about a month and a half or two months.

Leave a comment:

• SunWolf
    started a topic SuperEgo's Colours

SuperEgo's Colours

For much more than I year I am thinking of gettin one of your bags, either the SuperEgo or the BrainBag, maybe even both. It is not that cheap to have them shipped to Europe, yet I am fascinated by the reviews and I like the look of your bags.

I liked the SuperEgo's colours that are on your web pages, black/crimson or blac/sapphire, however I only get the choices black/steel or black/black (body/ front). Are the other colours out of stock, and, if yes, any idea when they will be available again?

Looking forward to my fist Tom Bihn products,

Wladimir
Working...
X