Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,743   Posts: 190,293   Members: 6,602   Active Members: 258
Welcome to our newest member, Cycw95.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Organisation for your Organisers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Organisation for your Organisers

In my youth I worked as a trekking guide in New Mexico one summer (coming from Scotland, that was a big thing, but that's another story).

I remember the 'hardcore' guides shared accommodation that had their prized hiking packs hung along the length of the living room. It was so cool that their packs were literally the most important things to them and therefore were on constant show for immediate accessibility.

I always wanted to do something similar and today, 20 years later, I have my own version of this. Finally, some needed organisation for my life's organisers.

Now all I need is a longer wall and another rack for the rest!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

We have a gorgeous under-used office/den whose walls are solid cherry and cherry bookshelves. A friend recently commented that I should open a Midwest showroom for Tom Bihn bags and my partner suggested this room and start a blog. I earned her that to truly be a show room, I would need all the bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love that wall setup. My bags are all on the floor in our spare room. I like to go in there sometimes and sit surrounded by them, like Scrooge McDuck.
      Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful. — Shaker Philosophy

Comment

That looks fantastic, @Perseffect.

Not quite the same, but I do find myself hanging hooks everywhere. Something about the combination of a tiny apartment and love of collecting! I've learned that keeping the shop bags visible makes me more likely to remember them when I'm going out the door.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1247.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	298316

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1261.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	298317

Unfortunately there is no expanse of uninterrupted wall space, or I'd have been tempted to arrange my entire collection in one place like that. How lovely!
        ----
        All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
        Edmund Burke

Comment

Working...
        X