Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,829   Posts: 191,337   Members: 6,703   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, zacattac.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aubergine for men?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aubergine for men?

I recently made my way back to the states for a family event and decided to get rid of my camera shoulder bag for a pilot while I'm in town. I love purple, but was worried the Aubergine would be too light for my taste.

Gotta say, love the Aubergine...it's a deep beautiful royal purple.

Any other guys out there rocking Aubergine bags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Aubergine for me but only because I won't buy a bag unless the exterior is Halcyon. Get me purple Halcyon and I'll rock a purple bag.

I came to say your thread title sounds like an erectile dysfunction commercial.

Comment

I wouldn't go for it because I prefer the weight and unique look of the black dyneema. And also because it is purple. Well, frankly, mostly because it is purple.

Comment

Looks rocking on you @jblock. The Pilot is good size for the color - It accents this well.

BTW - what do you have on (what I believe is) your Aeronaut 30? i see something Dyneema on the handles and what looks like a sleeping bag attached to the top/side of the bag.

Thanks for sharing ... but you look toooo happy there ... I am always tired after my trip!

Cheers!
        TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Comment

Thanks tpnl!

I just arrived in Florida, but I've been traveling overseas. I have a 1 way ticket to Iceland on March 20 and so that is indeed a sleeping bag strapped to the top on my Aeronaut 30. I'm living in a camper van for about 2 weeks and need the insulation! I'll probably ditch the sleeping bag after the van stretch of the journey is over.

Under the handle I have a Dyneema daylight pack to use as a day bag. This is my "12 months on the move" setup

I'm exhausted, but have to go hiking while there is sun!

Comment

@jblock,

Some of the best and also earliest pictures of Aubergine travel bags posted to the forums were taken by @Seikoguy, who bought bags in Aubergine as soon as this color was introduced in Fall 2012.

I'll excerpt a post from his December 2012 thread, The Aubergine twins commence their trip

Originally posted by Seikoguy View Post
            Well, not really twins, but they do compliment each other. Here they are at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, with the 777 in the background that would wing them towards Tokyo-Narita International airport.

At the "G" gates of the airport, there are iPads for the use of waiting passengers.

Originally posted by Seikoguy View Post
            Thank you for the kind words, moriond. The next three photos were taken at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi International airport, where I presently am as I write this.

First shot is at one of the various shopping concourses at the airport. I daresay that there are more stores in this airport than a lot of malls I have been to!

Next two shots were taken in one of the Royal Silk lounges of Thai Airways. This section is a quiet corner away from the busier sections of the lounge. A particular shade of purple is the main color for Thai Airways and can be seen in all the airline's livery. I thought it would be interesting to see how the Aubergine compares.

Next stop, Malaysia!
            moriond
            Last edited by moriond; 03-10-2016, 01:44 PM.

Comment

You are totally rocking that Aubergine bag!

Comment

Jblock, I think you probably just sold some aubergine bags You make them look good!

Comment

It looks great on you! Nice personal style there. *applause*

Comment

I'll let you all know how it goes for a guy shortly as yesterday (3/09/16) I ordered a black/aubergine Smart Alec. It will be used for non-work. My navy/solar Cadet is the work horse.

Comment

Thanks for all the <3 everyone!

@moriond wow, great pics! Thanks for linking that. I dig the Aubergine Aeronaut!

@JohnDel definitely let us know how the SA shakes out for you!

Comment

My Aubergine/Wasabi Aeronaut 30 and Night Flight Travel Duffel don't mind being carried by a guy at all... The NFTD went with me to hot yoga practice last night; the A30 will be travelling to London with me again next Tuesday for a 3 day work trip. I like Aubergine - it's a nice rich deep purple, and it makes a nice change from black or navy. And it goes really well (IMHO) with a Wasabi interior.
                        A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Comment

I'm more of a burnt orange and coyote fan myself (hey, there has to be one!), but what I find interesting about your pictures is how much more neutral the color looks than on the website... which is also true of the burnt orange. It's my taste, but you make it look good!
                          A45: Burnt Orange/Steel; LCB: Black Dyneema/Wasabi Dyneema; DLBP: Coyote; PCBP: Iberian, Sitka; 3DCOC: Iberian, Linen; SSK: Iberian; TSS: Solar & Island (4), Wasabi & Zest (3), Ultraviolet & Northwest Sky (2), Iberian (1); Travel Tray: Steel; Fjord, Sitka, Monarch; Q-kit; Various Dyneema organizer pouches,

Halcneema Addiction is a dangerous thing. #buyallthecolors

Still refining my system

Comment

@yugyag79 I just got a large OP in Burnt Orange and am quite surprised how much I like the color, it's much richer (and redder) than I was expecting.
                            @jblock I haven't had the opportunity to get anything in Aubergne yet, but I love the look of it. I think the only color my hubby would have a problem carrying is azalea, and that's simply because my pink-obsessed daughter would claim it as soon as it came out of the TB box.
                            current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color 好的朋友

Comment

jblock, if you exchanged your camera shoulder bag for a Pilot, does that mean you'll be carrying a camera in it? What kind of camera? I've had a lot of trouble getting an SLR to fit comfortably in a Pilot with the lenses on (although for carrying purposes, the water bottle pocket works well for a zoom lens with something soft like gloves on the bottom).

Comment

Working...
                              X