Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,744   Posts: 190,301   Members: 6,604   Active Members: 256
Welcome to our newest member, IJPWilda05.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northwest Sky and Original Halcyon (formerly black Dyneema) Packing Cube Backpacks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northwest Sky and Original Halcyon (formerly black Dyneema) Packing Cube Backpacks!

You should've seen how quickly I whipped out my wallet when I found that both Northwest Sky and Original Halcyon Packing Cube Backpacks were available for order! Don't know how many of the original ones they will have left, but if you missed out on getting a black Dyneema PCBP, now's your chance!

As a PCBP fan, I did see this but must admit, am really confused what colour original halcyon is? Is it not the steel colour?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Comment

Originally posted by Perseffect View Post
      As a PCBP fan, I did see this but must admit, am really confused what colour original halcyon is? Is it not the steel colour?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Formerly known as Black Dyneema.

Comment

Sorry, my question wasn't as clear as it should have been.

Why call it original if the original Dyneema colour was steel (I think). I didn't think black was the original colour which is my confusion.

I'm probably just overthinking this one. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Comment

Sorry, my question wasn't as clear as it should have been.

Why call it original if the original Dyneema colour was steel (I think). I didn't think black was the original colour which is my confusion.

I'm probably just overthinking this one. Thanks.

Steel was the original 200D and 400D dyneema colour, but the rationale is that black dyneema with white grid is the only 400D dyneema fabric prior to the introduction of grey-grid black Halcyon (which will also mark the beginning of the end for black dyneema with white grid) in April 2016, hence the term "original" Halcyon. Others have also found this somewhat confusing; see post #20. Personally, I use my own reference system, which is something like "Black-400D-white grid" or, where the colour is obviously a discontinued one at this point, "Nordic", and will do so until the dust has settled.

I'm not sure how much you've been following the forums, @Perseffect, but the bottom line is that black dyneema as we know it now (i.e. with the white grid) will be discontinued eventually, presumably after? grey-grid black dyneema comes out in April. I think all future 400D dyneema fabrics will have a grey grid instead of white because people have responded very positively to the grey grid. So, treasure your Steel 400D and Nordic pieces!
          Last edited by adalangdon; 03-27-2016, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Thanks. Yes, saw the posts on the new fabric colour combo (which I can't wait for).

I do have a fantastic 400d steel PCBP which I will need to hold onto now.

Comment

Oh my goodness! You have a unicorn!!! I want you to know I'm now jealous.

Comment

Thanks. It was luck that I just happened to order one as there was a limited run of accessories in steel 400d. I like the heavy feel of it and the steel appears just that little darker (although I'm sure that's just a subjective and imaginary musing from me).

Comment

Thanks. Yes, saw the posts on the new fabric colour combo (which I can't wait for).

I also have the 400d Steel PCBP (and PCSB). Steel is my much-preferred color. I will need to take good care of them! I need them for the long haul!

Comment

Everything called Dyneema = white grid, in 400 D, which I call travel Dyneema, but is more appropriately exterior Dyneema the colors were as follows: Steel and Nordic and when they were discontinued, Black.

I don't remember the exact dates of Steel and Nordic introduction but I do remember my high state of grumpiness when Steel and Nordic 400 D were discontinued.

With the introduction of gray grid Dyneema, the whole line in 200 and 400 D, has been renamed Halcyon.

Comment

Ohhh all of you with steel "travel Dyneema" are just killing me!! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Lani View Post
                        Ohhh all of you with steel "travel Dyneema" are just killing me!! lol.
                        Lani, you did read that life without Steel or Nordic 400 D started with a grump and hasn't stopped yet.

We are on the same wavelength about it, except you look way cuter when you model Dyneema items. I want to thank you for that because that is how I set up a massive Steel and Nordic order which I have yet to top.

Tom, Nik, Darcy and The Crew never stop inventing positively gorgeous and yummy items in Dyneema. Even worse than chocolate and pastry shops because they help me loose weight when carrying them.

Comment

Working...
                        X