Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,530   Posts: 187,825   Members: 6,493   Active Members: 292
Welcome to our newest member, dcaisson.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cork and Nikwax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cork and Nikwax?

Is Nikwax recommended or counter indicated for our cork trimmed items?

Does it change the color?
    Another happy owner of the Aeronaut, Sm & Lg packing cube, convertible packing cube, Absolute packing strap. Also travel with Ballistic Imago w/2 sm organizer pouches and style kit. Swift with extra key straps, organizer pouches and my quarter packing cube. Holiday Med. Ultrasuede® pouch, all 3 sizes of Stuff Bags, various key straps. I love them all!

Originally posted by Skylark View Post
    Is Nikwax recommended or counter indicated for our cork trimmed items?

Does it change the color?
    Good question! We're going to test it later today. Will let you know what the results are...
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

We soaked a piece of cork in Nikwax and left it to dry over the weekend: it turned out to be fine. No noticeable difference in the look of the cork.
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Thanks for hard work

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
        We soaked a piece of cork in Nikwax and left it to dry over the weekend: it turned out to be fine. No noticeable difference in the look of the cork.
        Are you working this late, on a Sunday?!

Thanks for the info... I might try this, so I can further baby my Archetype =)
        Aya

Comment

Working...
        X