Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,371   Members: 6,553   Active Members: 307
Welcome to our newest member, LucaDebenh.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultra light utility tote in Dyneema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're working on the page right now, but you can get the first peek and even pre-order now if you'd like to. There's probably typos all over the page because it's still a work in progress - you have been warned!
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
      We're working on the page right now, but you can get the first peek and even pre-order now if you'd like to. There's probably typos all over the page because it's still a work in progress - you have been warned!
      Oh my. I think we all may have just found the perfect Christmas gift! I can think of so many people this would be perfect for! Also, I may want more than one for myself!! Can't wait to get my hands on it... hurry, USPS, hurry!

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
        All I know is that I'm hungry after looking at the pictures. The groceries look too good. My guess is they're fake.
        Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by pretzelb View Post
          All I know is that I'm hungry after looking at the pictures. The groceries look too good. My guess is they're fake.
          Noo! They're real! I took groceries from home, and we bought the Perrier, Becks, lettuce, apples and bread from the grocery store. All the food has been eaten except for some of the canned goods. The lettuce went to the guinea pigs.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

i like this. i have a bunch of whole foods and trader joe's bags around the house and in the car that i use for grocery shopping. but this looks far more functional!

the shop bag seems similar in size to the utility tote, lux and swift. the different bags have different features (button on top of the swift, outside pocket on the utility tote, and the inner pockets in the shop bag). but i'm glad that you selected dyneema/rib-stop nylon for this bag! and i like the idea of keeping a clear organizer pouch attached to hold a shopping list, coupons, and club cards!

i like the steel and solar, but i'd love to see the sapphire!

i've picked up produce bags from other companies. the stuff sack would work out great for this purpose also, but it would get expensive if you wanted a half dozen stuff sacks to use as produce bags. would it be possible to offer a cost effective solution as produce bags?

by the way, i love the grocery list of spam, spam, spam on the product page!

thanks!
            -m
            Last edited by maverick; 11-18-2008, 12:06 PM.
            -m

Comment

Originally posted by maverick View Post
              by the way, i love the grocery list of spam, spam, spam on the product page!
              It's spam, spam spam...glorious spam!

Sadly, I don't think we have enough Sapphire/White Dyneema left to make Shop Bags....

Comment

a christmas gift idea - a shop bag filled with the recepients favorite eats!
                -m

Comment

a christmas gift idea - a shop bag filled with the recepients favorite eats!
                  That's a fantastic idea.

Comment

the shop bag seems similar in size to the utility tote, lux and swift. the different bags have different features (button on top of the swift, outside pocket on the utility tote, and the inner pockets in the shop bag). but i'm glad that you selected dyneema/rib-stop nylon for this bag! and i like the idea of keeping a clear organizer pouch attached to hold a shopping list, coupons, and club cards!

i like the steel and solar, but i'd love to see the sapphire!
                    -m
                    I also really liked the quick peek at the web page for the new Shop Bag. The usage pictures were great -- and so was the shot of the bag folded into its interior pocket for handy carrying (currently MouseOver view e). In size dimensions it seems closest to the Lux/Swift

I also thought about the Sapphire/White Dyneema, but what would make a nice addition is a picture showing one of the stuff sacks in Sapphire/White used with the bag. This would complement your description:
                    For extra organization, one can add a Stuff Sack for use separating hot or cold foods (like deli soup or ice cream) or toiletries (like soap) from the other items in the Shop Bag. You'd use the Stuff Sack instead of the small plastic sack that they would normally give you in the grocery store - saving yet another plastic bag.
                    It would also provide a striking color contrast and let folks see how this could be used and tethered make ordering decisions on the option to add a stuff sack.

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                      I also really liked the quick peek at the web page for the new Shop Bag. The usage pictures were great -- and so was the shot of the bag folded into its interior pocket for handy carrying (currently MouseOver view e). In size dimensions it seems closest to the Lux/Swift

I also thought about the Sapphire/White Dyneema, but what would make a nice addition is a picture showing one of the stuff sacks in Sapphire/White used with the bag. This would complement your description:

It would also provide a striking color contrast and let folks see how this could be used and tethered make ordering decisions on the option to add a stuff sack.
                      I actually think I prefer to have a matching stuff sack and tote- both in solar. I am about to order all the solar products I've been waiting for and plan on getting both in yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                        In size dimensions it seems closest to the Lux/Swift
                        My eyes could be crossed (as you know, it's late here), but I'm seeing that it's about exactly the size of the Utility Tote (the Swift is a smidgen larger).

Comment

I JUST RECEIVED IT - It's smaller! I love it! I need to go out and buy things with it RIGHT AWAY!

Comment

I'm loving this. It is smaller than I had expected, which is all to the good! The shape is brilliant and much more usable, imo. I find that I'm also using it to transport items from one part of the house to another rather than trying to juggle holding a lot of little things. The solar is eye-poppingly bright, which is great for finding it. Too bad there aren't more colors available (I like color coding); that sapphire Dyneema would have been spectacular.

Thanks for a great design!

Comment

I have both the Lux and the Utility Tote, and the Utility seems to be quite a bit larger than the Lux.
                              Happy owner of a medium cocoa Cafe, small plum Cafe, plum/green Utility Tote, black/purple Lux, mini cork pouch, mini kiwi pouch, mini clear pouch, small blue pouch, assorted key straps, prototype Stuff Sacks, and navy/storm/sapphire Imago!

Comment

We just brought home a LOT of stuff using the Shop Bag - 4x bottles (not cans) of macadamia nuts, a box of Rice Dream, a sports drink, 4x okinawan sweet potatoes, 9x single-serving yogurt, a package of cheese sticks... when putting the last few items in, I was worried that we had run out of room, but nothing fell out!

Now, if I could get one of the straps to stop falling off my shoulder... guess that's the trade off - either the straps dig in and cut off circulation, or they are too free to move about - ha!

Comment

Working...
                                X