Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,492   Posts: 187,428   Members: 6,453   Active Members: 342
Welcome to our newest member, parisbandarq.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Brain Cell Adds Memory Foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nafnam
    replied
    I'm kind of late to the game here I know, but is it still possible to get a vertical brain cell retrofitted? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Late January 2008.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Brain Cell retrofit plans?

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    We're working on the retrofit plan right now. Stay tuned for a URL in the next few days! It will be like any other product on our site: you'll add it to your basket, checkout, and then receive the prepaid UPS return label via email.
    Hi Darcy,

Any word on the retrofit plan? I have a new vertical Brain Cell I ordered at the end of summer (still unused and waiting for its laptop to appear; it's in the now gone Wasabi color), and I'd like to get this retrofitted, if possible.

Leave a comment:

• WildEye
    replied
    Thanks for the update Darcy. I will be looking for it.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by Foggy Morn View Post
    Gread idea! Will the URL be here (in this thread) or somewhere else on the site?
    It will be posted here, on the blog, and sent out in a newsletter.

Update: It looks like the Brain Cell retrofit will be offered in January 2008. Many customers have told us that they will be travelling in December and don't want to part with their Brain Cells during that time, and it's a busy time of year for us, so waiting until January seems to make the most sense.

Leave a comment:

• Foggy Morn
    replied
    We're working on the retrofit plan right now. Stay tuned for a URL in the next few days! It will be like any other product on our site: you'll add it to your basket, checkout, and then receive the prepaid UPS return label via email.
    Gread idea! Will the URL be here (in this thread) or somewhere else on the site?

I'll need to double check what I have. I have two, one horizontal and one sorta vertical (but mostly square), but not sure of the specs beyond that.

Leave a comment:

• Nicole
    replied
    updating the fitlist

I updated the fitlist to reflect the definitely better fit for the T2* models (thanks for catching that!!)

The 3S is definitely a good option for the 15" versions of the cases you mentioned (I don't have dimensions on the T42p so I'll dig those up, but I'm sure it's fairly similar to the T43p.) We have the T60p in the size 2S unfortunately only because it's width is a bit too much for the 3S Brain Cell, and I agree, we don't really have a perfect fit bag for laptops of that size.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post
    You might also want to update the laptop fit information: the new 6T that you recommend for the IBM (Lenovo) ThinkPad T4x and T6x series (with standard battery) also turns out to be a better fit for the earlier T2x (and I suspect T3x) series, as well.
    Thanks moriond -- that helps a great deal. We will update the fit list accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Brain Cell arrived with new memory foam + ThinkPad size update

I guess the new memory foam won't apply to the Brain Cell I ordered last week? (hasn't arrived yet so I can't check).
    Actually, there's a good chance that the memory foam is in the new Brain Cell that you ordered. (Same for adamlau's friend.) Check and see: if it isn't, PM me and we'll work out the retrofit.
    Hi Darcy,

Thanks, my Brain Cell arrived with the new memory foam. You might also want to update the laptop fit information: the new 6T that you recommend for the IBM (Lenovo) ThinkPad T4x and T6x series (with standard battery) also turns out to be a better fit for the earlier T2x (and I suspect T3x) series, as well. I (and others) have been using the size 4 Brain Cell for ThinkPad models such as the T21, T23, T40, T41, and T60p (all 14.1" size and carried with the standard use battery instead of the extended use battery in the last 3 instances). The size 4 Brain Cell is actually a bit too wide for these laptops. For example, the dimensions on my T21 are 12.0" x 9.8" x 1.3" and the interior fit of the new 6T is 12.4" x 10.0" x 1.3" while the interior dimensions of the size 4 are: 13.7" x 9.6" x 1.2" (note that the 13.7" is much larger than the 12.0").

The wider ThinkPad T series models that won't fit the Size 6T Brain Cell are the 15" models with FlexView screens. These first appeared as options in "p" versions of the T4x series, I think. There are 15" T42p and T43p ThinkPads, and there are also 15" versions in the T6x series. The new wide-screen (Z series) models also wont't fit the 6T. See my post in the Feedback on IBM ThinkPads thread.

The other option (now) for ThinkPad users with 15" screens is to use the Size 3S Brain Cell as mentioned in this thread on T42/T60/T61 (w/ext battery) Brain Cells. (I wish there were a good option for the 14" ThinkPads like my T60p to accommodate that extended life battery -- I might try the 3S). Hope this helps.
    Last edited by moriond; 11-08-2007, 02:02 PM. Reason: fixed font bolding

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vm7118
    replied
    i would be very interested in the retrofit as well. i bought my brain cell back in september, and i thought i couldn't be happier, but i guess i was wrong... the memory foam would do it, even if it cost me a little more than happy to contribute more to the excellent tom bihn operation.

i had bought the brain cell and a buzz (yes i know, doesn't fit.. wasn't planning on using them together :P). i was, and still am, planning on buying a zephyr around christmas time. if this retrofit actually happens it will probably push me right into "tom-bihn-customer-for-life" territory.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    I guess the new memory foam won't apply to the Brain Cell I ordered last week? (hasn't arrived yet so I can't check).
    Actually, there's a good chance that the memory foam is in the new Brain Cell that you ordered. (Same for adamlau's friend.) Check and see: if it isn't, PM me and we'll work out the retrofit.

Leave a comment:

• WildEye
    replied
    Actually, there is a possibility of this! You would pay a small fee that would cover us a UPS prepaid return label for you to send the Brain Cell back to us, our installation of the memory foam, and shipment of the Brain Cell back to you. I'll let you know the details as soon as I have them.
    I would be _very_ interested in this arrangement.

Leave a comment:

• BJ Nemeth
    replied
    It's the little things like this (improving an already great product) which has made me such a proud owner of a Tom Bihn bag. I'll be ordering two more bags later this month, possibly including an improved vertical brain cell to go with my horizontal one.

Leave a comment:

• adamlau
    replied
    I hope so as my friend Shen Lin ordered one last week as well. He emailed a request for the upgraded BC as he had not yet received email confirmation of product delivery.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X