Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,766   Posts: 190,570   Members: 6,642   Active Members: 253
Welcome to our newest member, vihattechin.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cafe bag, small or medium or buy one at all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cafe bag, small or medium or buy one at all?

Ok, so I saw something about a tom bihn bag on my facebook page, cause a small cafe bag comes with a coffee purchase from I think birds and beans coffee. I had never heard of Tom Bihn before at all. I asked my son, who knows everything about everything and he said they were nice bags. Here is the thing...I am 57 years old, and I have a handbag obsession...always have. I don't carry leather and I don't buy designer bags...usually. I tend to get really excited about stuff and buy things and then don't use them...ie. Pacsafe bag, ameribag healthy back bag (I have at least 5) bagalini (have 3) and kipling (have 4) vera bradleys (5) Danny K (4) and assorted off brand bags. I have a kipling lancelot that looks somewhat similar to a cafe bag (messenger type bag, vertical) Obviously I have spent my life looking for the perfect bag and the perfect lipstick (that's a different story)...so...do I give in and buy a cafe bag for use everyday? I LOVE that's it's made in USA and it's simple...(I have minimalist aspirations) Or do I just use what I have and forget the obsession till my birthday and then ask for one if I still want one???

If it's going to be like an itch you can't scratch to wait until your birthday, and you have the money, I say order it now. You can always try it out at home and return it if it doesn't meet your needs, or if you use it for a while and then decide you don't like it, Tom Bihn bags sell well on eBay.

I use the Medium Cafe Bag as my every day bag, and I love it. I've had mine for over a year now, and it still looks brand new. They really are great bags.

Comment

thank you for your reply. I think I will order the medium and decide once I have it...

Comment

Originally posted by gladtina View Post
        Ok, so I saw something about a tom bihn bag on my facebook page, cause a small cafe bag comes with a coffee purchase from I think birds and beans coffee. I had never heard of Tom Bihn before at all. I asked my son, who knows everything about everything and he said they were nice bags. Here is the thing...I am 57 years old, and I have a handbag obsession...always have. I don't carry leather and I don't buy designer bags...usually. I tend to get really excited about stuff and buy things and then don't use them...ie. Pacsafe bag, ameribag healthy back bag (I have at least 5) bagalini (have 3) and kipling (have 4) vera bradleys (5) Danny K (4) and assorted off brand bags. I have a kipling lancelot that looks somewhat similar to a cafe bag (messenger type bag, vertical) Obviously I have spent my life looking for the perfect bag and the perfect lipstick (that's a different story)...so...do I give in and buy a cafe bag for use everyday? I LOVE that's it's made in USA and it's simple...(I have minimalist aspirations) Or do I just use what I have and forget the obsession till my birthday and then ask for one if I still want one???
        You sound like me! I should be called the bag lady. lol I have so many bags, totes and backpacks it's crazy. I do use them when needed as every different event/occasion requires a different bag so a few years could go by before I use one again, but I know I have it.

I'm looking at purchasing a cafe bag in the future but was stuck at which size (between the small and medium). Does anyone know if a small cafe bag would hold a kindle ereader?

*gladtina, when you receive yours please come back and post your findings and opinion. Thanks in advance.
        Western Flyer (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Synapse 25 (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Large Cafe Bag (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Parental Bag (used as a carryon), and Shop Bags (Org Halcyon, Iberian, Wasabi)

Comment

Originally posted by skoobdo View Post

I'm looking at purchasing a cafe bag in the future but was stuck at which size (between the small and medium). Does anyone know if a small cafe bag would hold a kindle ereader?
          I don't have a small cafe bag ( I have the medium, and carry my Kindle in it often), but here is a thread with a photo of an iPad (the original, which is larger than a Kindle) in a SCB.

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...highlight=cafe

Comment

The SCB will carry a Kindle with no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by missilebird View Post
              I don't have a small cafe bag ( I have the medium, and carry my Kindle in it often), but here is a thread with a photo of an iPad (the original, which is larger than a Kindle) in a SCB.

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...highlight=cafe
              Thank you for the link misslebird. Seeing is believing. I think the small cafe bag is the one I will get.
              Western Flyer (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Synapse 25 (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Large Cafe Bag (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Parental Bag (used as a carryon), and Shop Bags (Org Halcyon, Iberian, Wasabi)

Comment

I don't have a lot of purses or every day carry bags, but I do have two small cafe bags and one medium. I primarily use the medium for vacation or road trips, since I will often put more in a bag in those situations.

I have been able to put a Nook in the back slit pocket of the small cafe bag, but didn't carry it far, so not sure how secure that would be. By the time I get other items in the SCB on the inside, I'm not sure there would be room for it in there. I do use some organizer pouches with key straps in both the SCB and the MCB to help keep items organized. I love both those bags and use the small cafe bag every day!

Comment

I just used a Small Cafe Bag this past week on a trip as my seat bag on the plane. It held an iPad Mini, Kindle Voyage in a case, earbuds in a zip pouch, glasses case, pen, and a passport pouch in the main compartment. In the zip pocket on the front of the bag, I had a lip balm, pack of tissues, small ziplock bag of mints, gums, and ginger candies. In the back pocket was a copy of The New Yorker. It was the perfect bag for the trip.
                  Eat well, travel often.

Comment

in my current bag I carry....wallet (large that carries my checkbook...I am going to downsize that soon) small case with credit cards the size of an altoid box, make up bag with foundation and several chubby sticks, floss and advil and tweezers, I carry a pocket size calendar, 3 lipsticks, 4 pens, small swiss army knife, work keys, and my keys, and my Iphone 5S in an otterbox case. earbuds and iphone charger sometimes an ipad mini...I am 57, mostly wear jeans and merrells or sneakers..I love light handbags..Now that I have been reading the forums - am I a medium cafe bag, a co-pilot, a small swift (which I dont see listed anymore)....do the FS's make the bag too heavy? Leaning towards a MCB in azure (i think thats the turquise blue)..so many choices!

Comment

ordered the mcb in azure! with small clear bag and strap...��

Comment

I just ordered the same bag yesterday! Azure is a beautiful color, and I love my SCB, so I'm sure the extra room of the MCB will be an ever better help on long trips. I can't wait to hear what you think of yours.

Comment

I just picked up a medium cafe bag on ebay for a pretty cheap deal. I know this bag is too small for what I want/need but I have never owned a Tom Bihn product and the price was cheap enough that I picked it up to use for smaller one off days to test the quality and make sure Tom Bihn is the right brand for me before sinking several hundred into the products.

Side question. Will a 12.6 inch lenovo thinkpad fit in a medium cafe bag? I know the dimensions are a little smaller than the computer but I was wondering what kind of wiggle room this bag will allow for.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Got my new MCB yesterday and love it! I could have gone with the small after I put my stuff in as there is plenty of room, but the medium will serve me well. I love it!

Comment

Yippee! Mine showed up today, too! I am always so captivated by Azure. I should carry the bag, or I could just meditate on its indescribable color. The lining is also my first experience with parapack. Now I get what all the fuss is about! Such a lovely bag for going out and about!

Comment

Working...
                              X