Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,776   Posts: 190,660   Members: 6,660   Active Members: 268
Welcome to our newest member, frogmore.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Synapse backpack: Q & A

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    yay, navy!! very exciting news, i can't wait until this is ready. i'm enjoying my smart alec, but i think i would enjoy a smaller backpack even more, especially if i can squeeze my macbook pro in it.

    chiming in on colors: i love navy, plum, and sapphire, and would also be on the kelly team. i'll wait to see pictures until deciding for sure, but at the moment i'd lean toward navy.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Darcy View Post
      We'll post on the blog and Twitter as soon as it's available for pre-order. We'll make sure that you get a Plum bag!
      Whoo-hoo! Thanks, Darcy! I knew I shouldn't have put off following you on Twitter. Off I go... Wait, I already do. Sigh. I think I've become twitter-befuddled.

      Better to RSS the blog.

      Comment


        I will probably go with Olive or Navy. I've fallen for Plum, but I already have a cafe bag in Plum now so I think I'd want my Synapse to be a different color.

        So it's essentially April. Should I assume that Synapse will not be out in time for me to have one in hand before I travel on the 10th of May? Because if so I need to find another backpack for my trip.
        Owner of:
        Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches/stuff sacks/travel trays, Small Shop Bag in Steel and Iberian, Synapse in Steel/Steel, and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

        Comment


          April?

          Has Darcy actually mentioned April? I get the feeling that the Tristar is the next cab off the rank, and all the others fall in behind that. After the long wait so far, I don't think I'd be holding my breath for the release of the Synapse in April. I think its more likely to come when its ready, and who knows when that will be...! :-)

          Comment


            Originally posted by travelwkid View Post
            April?

            Has Darcy actually mentioned April? I get the feeling that the Tristar is the next cab off the rank, and all the others fall in behind that. After the long wait so far, I don't think I'd be holding my breath for the release of the Synapse in April. I think its more likely to come when its ready, and who knows when that will be...! :-)
            Didn't mean to imply that I thought the bag was supposed to come out this month. I have absolutely no idea when it is coming out. I just meant that another month has come along and I'm wondering if the Synapse will too. I've been waiting for this bag for years now but its at the point where I'm fed up with my old backpack and should buy something else in the meantime if the Synapse won't be out before my trip.
            Owner of:
            Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches/stuff sacks/travel trays, Small Shop Bag in Steel and Iberian, Synapse in Steel/Steel, and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

            Comment


              Hi Timarelay,

              Yes, I see what you meant now that you have explained further. I just was concerned that you were counting on an April release, because I don't think that's at all likely!

              Comment


                Originally posted by timarelay View Post
                Didn't mean to imply that I thought the bag was supposed to come out this month. I have absolutely no idea when it is coming out. I just meant that another month has come along and I'm wondering if the Synapse will too. I've been waiting for this bag for years now but its at the point where I'm fed up with my old backpack and should buy something else in the meantime if the Synapse won't be out before my trip.
                I'm in the same place. I wonder if it will ever come out.

                Comment


                  +1

                  i'd really like to see this materialize as i'm very interested in something smaller than the current offerings.

                  Comment


                    With all the blogs coverage about the Aeronaut and the Checkpoint Flyer it makes sense for Tom Bihn's team to focus on yet another travel bag suitable for both business and pleasure travel. Especially right before the busy trade shows and travel season.

                    I went to the Tristar thread thinking it was the Synapse, I just realized my mistake and edited my post.

                    I can't wait for the Synapse too.

                    I love my Brain Bag and it fits my traveling and school needs but I really need a lighter, smaller backpack for going around on my bike or pursuing hobbies that are not yarn related, I have my Swifts for that.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by backpack View Post
                      I went to the Tristar thread thinking it was the Synapse, I just realized my mistake and edited my post.
                      Hehe! I saw that. I was thinking...backpack is one of our color/fabric experts here and she's requesting Plum ballistic!

                      Progress, believe it or not, is being made on the Synapse. I hope to post more soon.
                      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

                      Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                        Hehe! I saw that. I was thinking...backpack is one of our color/fabric experts here and she's requesting Plum ballistic!

                        Progress, believe it or not, is being made on the Synapse. I hope to post more soon.
                        Yay! I think I am going to go ahead and buy a different brand backpack, since it's basically a month before my trip and this is cutting it close. Hopefully I'll make it to Seattle in July/August and maybe then the Synapse will be ready, so I can try it on at the store. =D
                        Owner of:
                        Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches/stuff sacks/travel trays, Small Shop Bag in Steel and Iberian, Synapse in Steel/Steel, and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                          Hehe! I saw that. I was thinking...backpack is one of our color/fabric experts here and she's requesting Plum ballistic!

                          Progress, believe it or not, is being made on the Synapse. I hope to post more soon.

                          I think the most telling were the Pink, Punch and Storm and yeah I want Plum ballistic, what else is new?

                          Cannot wait for the Tristar as a big brother to the Western Flyer but I also have ants in my feet about the Synapse.


                          Do you know when the long handle Steel Shop Bag is coming?

                          Plotting my next order right this minute. No news here either, the minute the Punch Cafe Bags were shown they were on my list.

                          Tom Bihn colors even inspired me for a needlework project.
                          It even has a name Pink, Punch and a dark Storm.

                          Comment


                            If you have to get an interim bag, check out Patagonia. I've been filling the gap by using my husband's old-model Pocketwire pack (he had to replace it w/ the Lightwire b/c he got a 17" Mac) and I like it fairly well vs. most non-TB backpacks out there. I like that it's small enough for my frame, but I hate that the volume isn't adequate and the zippers are really sluggish (though I think they may have fixed that b/c the Lightwire doesn't have that problem) plus in the old model you can't access any of the pockets easily w/o taking the bag off both shoulders (but I was spoiled by years w/ the Buzz...) BUT, I noticed that they now have something called the Beeline that's almost the same dimensions as the Pocketwire but less tapered so the volume is a lot bigger, about what the Synapse was predicted to be. And sometimes they have good sales on discontinued colors -- my husband paid $50 for his Lightwire, not $120. The Beeline does have a laptop compartment though; I don't know if you're preferring something w/o or not. Happy travels

                            Originally posted by timarelay View Post
                            Yay! I think I am going to go ahead and buy a different brand backpack, since it's basically a month before my trip and this is cutting it close. Hopefully I'll make it to Seattle in July/August and maybe then the Synapse will be ready, so I can try it on at the store. =D

                            Comment


                              I've been admiring the cork Swift but I really need a bag that's larger than the Imago - preferably a backpack and the Synapse is the perfect size. I might go for a messenger if one were sized between the Imago and ID.
                              Is there any possibility the Synapse will be offered in cork?

                              Comment


                                I saw the Western Flyer on the Traveling Mamas reviews and it looks reasonably small and comfortable as a backpack.

                                When the Synapse comes out you could use the Western Flyer as the second carry on or use it as a cute briefcase or sell it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X