Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,587   Posts: 188,431   Members: 6,565   Active Members: 323
Welcome to our newest member, Jade877792.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Synapse backpack: Q & A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow! so the indigo part is a detachable compartment?

can we see more pictures please? when can i get my hands on this beautiful design?

thanks!
    -m

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
      Tom just took this iPhone picture of the Synapse he's sewing together.
      i like it so far. is that the upside down backstrap side of the bag? i've been rotating my neck for five minutes trying to figure it out.

Comment

It's undersized - throw it back and let it grow bigger! :+>

Audrey

Comment

They're pieces that haven't been sewn together yet to form a complete bag.....I hope to post pictures of the completed bag soon.
          Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

They're pieces that haven't been sewn together yet to form a complete bag.....I hope to post pictures of the completed bag soon.
            aaah... that's what i get for looking at this excitedly on my iphone

still, a removable pouch would be a cool idea!
            -m

Comment

Volume: total 19 liters (1160 cu.in.)

Front pockets only (all four combined - too small to measure separately by the ASTM standard): 6 liters (360 cu.in.)

Main compartment only: 13 liters (800 cu.in.)

Over-all external measures:
              390mm (15.3") tall
              280mm (11") wide
              200mm (7.9") thick

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Volume: total 19 liters (1160 cu.in.)

Front pockets only (all four combined - too small to measure separately by the ASTM standard): 6 liters (360 cu.in.)

Main compartment only: 13 liters (800 cu.in.)

Over-all external measures:
                390mm (15.3") tall
                280mm (11") wide
                200mm (7.9") thick
                great darcy!

let's see it!!
                -m

Comment

Pre-orders?

So when can we put in a pre-order?

Comment

Want.

Can we influence initial color selections?

(And, of course: when can I pre-order?)

Comment

It will be available for pre-order as soon as we're certain of a ship date. It will be made out of 1000d Cordura, and will likely be available in the following colors: Indigo, Steel, Black, Olive, and Plum, but that hasn't been decided for sure just yet.

Comment

Looks good!

Thanks for the pictures! It looks great! I love the addition of the two small top pockets. Is there an estimate yet of what the cost might be?

Comment

I can't visualize. Can someone compare it's size, width, depth to the other TB bags? Or are there new pics? I can't find them.

Comment

the pictures and specs are on the blog.

Comment

Cute! I like the height and width, but it's a bit thicker than I would find comfortable (I'm small-framed, and I tend to prefer backpacks that are about 4-5 inches thick). By chance, are there cinch-down straps on the sides of the pack that would allow one to bring the load closer to one's back, like on the Brain Bag?

Comment

Originally posted by yeti View Post
                                Cute! I like the height and width, but it's a bit thicker than I would find comfortable (I'm small-framed, and I tend to prefer backpacks that are about 4-5 inches thick). By chance, are there cinch-down straps on the sides of the pack that would allow one to bring the load closer to one's back, like on the Brain Bag?
                                No cinch straps. We did test the Synapse on a quick trip we'll blog about tomorrow and on that trip, a friend who is about 5'1" and small-framed wore the bag (which was fully packed.) It looked great on her, and she loved wearing it - so maybe it will work for you, too! Tom (who is 6'0") mainly wore the bag.

Comment

Working...
                                X