Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,772   Posts: 190,625   Members: 6,656   Active Members: 263
Welcome to our newest member, basil.bourque.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Synapse backpack: Q & A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so excited, so excited, so excited!

*clicks excitedly*

Comment

Wow. It's worth the wait. That's a beautiful bag.

What will be the standard 4 colors, and which are the extra first run? Just curious?

Comment

Originally posted by bluedawg View Post
        so excited, so excited, so excited!

*clicks excitedly*
        bluedawg, i completely share your sentiments!

wow! wow! wow!

WOW!!!
        -m

Comment

YAY!

Is mid-November a realistic shipping date or a safe over-estimate? I don't own a backpack anymore and I'm traveling on October 1st so if it definitely won't be out by then, I need to buy a temporary bag.

I'm finding myself strangely drawn to the Steel Synapse... Thought I'd be choosing between Olive and Black. Hm.

Also, I'm really amused that there's a Size "netbook" for the cache.
          Last edited by timarelay; 09-04-2009, 02:32 PM.
          Owner of:
          Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches/stuff sacks/travel trays, Small Shop Bag in Steel and Iberian, Synapse in Steel/Steel, and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

Comment

The back panel of the Synapse is padded with 1/4", high quality, closed-cell foam with exterior of Dri-Lex Aero-Spacer mesh and 1050 denier U.S. ballistic nylon. This new combination of mesh and 1050 denier ballistic nylon is designed to provide maximum breathability while still being gentle on most fibers used in clothing.
            oooh, thank you! i'm really excited about this development, because apparently i have delicate-flower clothes that need to be babied.

the bag looks really great, and i can't wait to see more pictures of the other color combinations. i love the colors you guys chose--i'm having a really hard time deciding! at the moment it's a four-way tie between navy, plum, indigo, and kelly... but i also like the olive and steel options. how sick is it that i'm actually thinking about getting a smaller laptop so i can carry it in the synapse? heh.

thanks so much for the sneak peek before the debut!

Comment

As a committed "travel-light"er I find the dyneema/dyneema bag a really interesting idea. I'd love to see pictures of it (when they arrive on the webpage) and see how it holds its shape. I also wonder how much weight you save going for that option instead of the cordura and whether its just worth having the extra weight for the structure it would give.

Oh, so very interesting!

travelwkid
              http://www.enjoyingtravelwithkids.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by bluedawg View Post
                i love the colors you guys chose--i'm having a really hard time deciding! at the moment it's a four-way tie between navy, plum, indigo, and kelly... but i also like the olive and steel options. how sick is it that i'm actually thinking about getting a smaller laptop so i can carry it in the synapse? heh.

thanks so much for the sneak peek before the debut!
                I'm guessing that Kelly might not be carried long-term. And maybe not Navy, either (thinks about getting navy…). There was this really beautiful navy/plum/steel combination in the early announcements for the redesigned Buzz. That went away when, initially, they thought the wouldn't be able to get any more plum Cordura. sigh…

OK, back to considering plum, indigo, and navy.

m.

Comment

I was dead set on Indigo, until Navy became an option. My guess was also that Navy might not last long, since not too many bags seem to be available in that color. Choice made.

Comment

<sob> Kelly with Steel is not as good as Kelly with Solar. Now I'll have to consider what to do! My husband wants the Indigo of course, so I may even consider the Navy!

Oh, and the all Dyneema one is intriguing! How much weight is saved, and how foldable is it - this is the sort of thing I'd pack and use at destination.

And finally, Darcy, have you worked out whether the Pyrex lunchbox would fit in there, flat?

Shall be ordering 2 or 3 of them soon!

Audrey

Comment

Squeeee! I just ordered mine... but now I kinda want a Sigg bottle to go with it. Hah.

I'm wondering when the "video" tab on the Synapse page will be viewable. And what the video is of. Maybe a "tour" of the bag? Hm.
                      Olive/Wasabi Large Cafe Bag, Wasabi Horizontal Brain Cell, Cocoa/Olive Swift, Cork Small Cork Organizer Pouch

Comment

Originally posted by mitt View Post
                        I was dead set on Indigo, until Navy became an option. My guess was also that Navy might not last long, since not too many bags seem to be available in that color. Choice made.
                        it's coming very soon - thanks for being patient...

in the mean time, may we invite you to view the trailer...

<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N-VyYQNSeFY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8a b6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N-VyYQNSeFY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8a b6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>
                        -m

Comment

Wow -- that was a long wait. I'd kind of given up on this bag, thinking it was going to be too small, but it's looking good. I may have to give it a try.

Comment

It really is a great bag. I am seriously contemplating weakening the stitching on my wife's back-to-school special so she'll be forced to buy something "better"
                            I've got a 2XXLT H. Brain Cell (fits my H-P HDX18t like a glove), a Sapphire/Black Brain Bag with a matching Snake Charmer, a 2XL Vertical Soft Cell, a Sapphire wallet, a Size 4 H. Brain Cell for my wife's laptop and... a school boy's crush on Darcy

Comment

That is one great looking bag, and for the same price as a Buzz. Hmmm, not really a backpack guy but I really like the design as I see it on the preview page, but what color to get??

Excellent job Tom and crew!

thax

Comment

looks great. i'd really like to see pictures of the black/steel and the dyneema.

Comment

Working...
                                X