Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,501   Posts: 187,536   Members: 6,460   Active Members: 325
Welcome to our newest member, knelby.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Synapse backpack: Q & A

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Any possibility of wasabi? My other bags have wasabi or maybe it's kiwi somewhere on them and I still love that color.

    Comment


      #77
      Originally posted by mrae View Post
      Any possibility of wasabi? My other bags have wasabi or maybe it's kiwi somewhere on them and I still love that color.
      No: our Wasabi is 500d Cordura. We use 500d Cordura as a lining fabric and only as an exterior fabric on bags that are most likely to be used as bags inside of other bags most of the time. 500d Cordura is certainly extremely tough stuff -- but it doesn't have the body that 1000d Cordura or 1050d ballistic nylon do that help bags maintain their shapes.

      Maybe someday we'll have a 1000d Cordura in Wasabi, but not right now.
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

      Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

      Comment


        #78
        What about kiwi? I think my Lux is 1050 ballistic nylon and it's a lovely kiwi color. Or is that color not an option for the 1000 cordura?

        Comment


          #79
          Sadly, the Kiwi ballistic nylon is no longer available, and it isn't a color option for 1000d Cordura.
          Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

          Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

          Comment


            #80
            So... Any new news?
            Owner of:
            Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches/stuff sacks/travel trays, Small Shop Bag in Steel and Iberian, Synapse in Steel/Steel, and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

            Comment


              #81
              Tom's making adjustments to the front pockets: stay tuned!! There's cool things to come like a better water bottle pocket, more organization, etc.
              The Synapse is his #1 design priority.
              Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

              Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

              Comment


                #82
                Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                Tom's making adjustments to the front pockets: stay tuned!! There's cool things to come like a better water bottle pocket, more organization, etc.
                The Synapse is his #1 design priority.
                Yay! That's happy to hear =) I recently figured out what I'm doing next year and though I won't be a student anymore, I'll have a job where I can still use a backpack.
                Owner of:
                Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches/stuff sacks/travel trays, Small Shop Bag in Steel and Iberian, Synapse in Steel/Steel, and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

                Comment


                  #83
                  Originally posted by timarelay View Post
                  Yay! That's happy to hear =) I recently figured out what I'm doing next year and though I won't be a student anymore, I'll have a job where I can still use a backpack.
                  That's great!! Congratulations on your new position.
                  Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

                  Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                    That's great!! Congratulations on your new position.
                    Thank you!
                    Owner of:
                    Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches/stuff sacks/travel trays, Small Shop Bag in Steel and Iberian, Synapse in Steel/Steel, and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Wonderful!!!I'm looking forward to it's final release. And finding out what colors it will come in. I'm thinking of getting the aeronaut before all the breve's are gone (in spite of the color) but the synapse is top of my want list. I'm ready to preorder as soon as that's an option.

                      Comment


                        #86
                        A Synapse in Plum?

                        Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                        Tom's making adjustments to the front pockets: stay tuned!! There's cool things to come like a better water bottle pocket, more organization, etc.
                        The Synapse is his #1 design priority.
                        While we're waiting for the first pictures and for the preorder information on the Synapse to come out, I thought I'd make an advance request for colors. Yesterday's NY Times had this article on how Plum, the Color, Is Having Its Star Turn. Just a suggestion, you know.

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Originally posted by moriond View Post
                          While we're waiting for the first pictures and for the preorder information on the Synapse to come out, I thought I'd make an advance request for colors. Yesterday's NY Times had this article on how Plum, the Color, Is Having Its Star Turn. Just a suggestion, you know.
                          That's great, moriond! Thanks for posting a link to that article. You'll be happy to hear that we've just ordered more Plum.
                          Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

                          Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Update on the Synapse: Tom is currently making clay models of the new pockets.

                            We might be able to snap a few casual pictures of the Synapse in use soon. What kind of pictures would you like to see of it?
                            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

                            Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                              Update on the Synapse: Tom is currently making clay models of the new pockets.

                              We might be able to snap a few casual pictures of the Synapse in use soon. What kind of pictures would you like to see of it?
                              Clay models?

                              Any pictures would be wonderful, but pictures of it on different heights of people would be great, as would be pictures of it with stuff inside it to get an idea of scale and what it can hold.
                              Owner of:
                              Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches/stuff sacks/travel trays, Small Shop Bag in Steel and Iberian, Synapse in Steel/Steel, and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

                              Comment


                                #90
                                I agree that pictures of the Synapse with items either in it or next to it to gain some perspective on its relative size would be great. Maybe a shot of it next to either a Brain Bag or a Smart Alec, too.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X