Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,818   Posts: 191,204   Members: 6,714   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, adb755.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Synapse backpack: Q & A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will there be a claymation movie of the designing and assembly of the Synapse? Please please? It could be just like the clay-worm interludes I used to watch on Sesame Street. I couldn't find the worms but here are balls of clay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbelQrm-dL4

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    Update on the Synapse: Tom is currently making clay models of the new pockets.

We might be able to snap a few casual pictures of the Synapse in use soon. What kind of pictures would you like to see of it?

Comment

I am sure I am showing my ignorance of design processes here, but, how does making a clay model of pockets on a bag work or help in the design of a bag? I guess I can see how it might help with the "look" of the bag but I don't see how it can help get a feel for the utility of a pocket in a given spot.

Comment

Yea the clay model thing is for the over-all look and drape of the bag, but that's all tied in to the utility too: the bag has to look good and work good too!

Comment

Has it been decided yet whether or not a small (say, size 5 or 7) Brain Cell will fit into the Synapse, and if so, will the bag have the loops so the Brain Cell can be clipped in? As smaller laptops like the Eee and the HP 2133 become more popular, it seems this would be a good option.

Comment

What are the chances that the Synapse will be available by early-mid July?

Comment

Can we see some pictures? =) I'm at the point where I might need to start looking for an alternative (if only temporary) because I don't have a usable backpack at all right now and I really need one. My imago isn't big enough to hold what I need it to and the lunches I now pack to take to work with me and it's awkward carrying two bags that sling over my shoulders.

Speaking of packed lunches... Any chance ever of a Tom Bihn insulated lunch bag?
              Owner of:
              Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches/stuff sacks/travel trays, Small Shop Bag in Steel and Iberian, Synapse in Steel/Steel, and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

Comment

Sooner than you think you'll have pictures of the Synapse and a few other things that I think you will like.
                Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                  Sooner than you think you'll have pictures of the Synapse and a few other things that I think you will like.
                  Now you're just toying with our expectations!

As the previous poster said, count me in for a lunch bag too.
                  Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

Comment

First pictures of the Synapse....
                    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Looks fantastic. I'm sure that I'll find a way to justify getting one of these once they're available...

I'm liking the external pockets. Fun.

Thanks for the update.
                      ha! you just read my signature.

Comment

It looks beautiful! And I love the external pockets, and I'm very happy to hear it fits a 15" laptop, which means it'll fit my 12.1" laptop.

(am I the only one who's noticed that it looks a bit like a frowny face? ie =( but more spaced out eyes? )
                        Owner of:
                        Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches/stuff sacks/travel trays, Small Shop Bag in Steel and Iberian, Synapse in Steel/Steel, and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

Comment

Originally posted by timarelay View Post
                          (am I the only one who's noticed that it looks a bit like a frowny face? ie =( but more spaced out eyes? )
                          LOL! I didn't notice that until you mentioned it, but now that I do, I like it EVEN MORE!

Comment

When can we pre-order?

Great pictures of the bag. Cannot wait to get one.
                            Proud user of Tom Bihn products since 2005.

Comment

Love it. I like that the external pocket holds a bottle as well. I've been ready to order for a while but now that I've actually seen it the only difficult part is choosing a color.

Comment

Looks cool. I'm anxious to hear the details and when they'll be available.

Comment

Working...
                                X