Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,767   Posts: 190,596   Members: 6,651   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, learn2route.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to clean an absolute strap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to clean an absolute strap?

I have had for years and years an absolute strap and have loved it - using it on nearly every bag I own. It has started to leave back marks on by shoulder when. I use it have tried cleaning it like a wet suit with a soak in mild soapy water but not improvement. Anyone have any other ideas on how to clean? Might it be that the neoprene is finally giving up the ghost and it's time to get a new one?

Thanks
    Bill

Might it be that the neoprene is finally giving up the ghost and it's time to get a new one?
    While I don't know for certain this was my first thought. I wonder if the black marks are actually the transfer of rubber to your clothing. While my strap isn't doing this it is beginning to show wear, so I am interested in any maintenance/restoration tips.

Comment

Interesting... Bill and BarryLee: I'd recommend sending a note to [email protected] to get the expert advice of our crew. And if you have a chance, snapping a photo or two of your straps would help the crew diagnose any potential issues.
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Working...
      X