Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,735   Posts: 190,204   Members: 6,595   Active Members: 265
Welcome to our newest member, bosticderek.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How's that diaper bag coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Darcy,

Any more newsy worthy news since the July post? Twins ... SOON. eek.

Comment

Twins! How soon? Keep us posted and share photos when you have them!

There's a little bit of news, but I wouldn't say it's newsworthy.... yet.
      Last edited by Darcy; 11-02-2012, 11:57 AM.
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
        There's a little bit of news, but I wouldn't say it's newsworthy.... yet.
        There goes Darcy, teasing us again!! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Lani View Post
          There goes Darcy, teasing us again!! ;-)
          I can tell you that some good friends are expecting (and soon!), so that's providing some extra (in-person) inspiration.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Today. used to the teasing. Went through the same in 2009 when pregnant with oldest child.

Going to work to sell my wife on synapse. Wish there was that diaper pad available ...(I can tease back)

Comment

Two girls entered our lives Monday. Baby L and Baby S. everyone is happy and healthy. If I can get to a computer (non iOS) to attach a photo I shall

Comment

Originally posted by itlnparrot View Post
                Two girls entered our lives Monday. Baby L and Baby S. everyone is happy and healthy. If I can get to a computer (non iOS) to attach a photo I shall
                !!!!!!!

Congratulations !!

Comment

Originally posted by itlnparrot View Post
                  congratulations!!!

life as you know it just changed, in a most wonderful way!
                  -m

Comment

Bully!!! Well done!
                    Karl

Comment

Congratulations to you and the Mrs.! Hope you all settle in nicely together real soon, it is a bit chaotic at first.

In my opinion, dedicated diaper bags are overrated. You only use them for a few years, whereas if you get a nice Synapse or other TB bag, you will find you use it for years and years as your needs change.

I used my large cafe bag ( repurposed from my school bag for 6 years ) as my diaper bag for all three of my children. I think a backpack is a great way to go, it keeps your hands free and doesn't get in the way when you are stooping/bending to help little ones. I always had my babies in a sling, so the cross body cafe bag worked better with the sling plus that is the only TB bag I had at the time.

Best of luck with your sweet new girls!

Comment

Hey barefoot. Totally agree. They very much seem to be overrated and often unnecessary. However, I'm more interested in this thread and TB excellence to see where they take the concept. I imagine the ultimate in utility.... Perhaps the Pilot (co-pilots big bro) with some interesting accessories like achieved with the camera and lens case (insert outsert). Until my wife said backpack, I've been leaning Imago or ID.

Good advice and perspective on the backpack.
                        Cheers

Comment

I gave my daughter an Imago as a diaper bag. The horizontal orientation works well, you can stash a full-sized bottle in the bottom, the two interior pouches are perfect for diaper wipes, hand sanitizer, A and D ointment, etc. on the one side and smartphone and wallet on the other.

Still would love to see what a dedicated Tom Bihn diaper bag would be like, though.
                          Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Comment

Darcy- if there ever will be a Tom Bihn diaper bag, will it still be called the 'Parental Unit'? I really like that name.

Comment

Thanks for reigniting the thread, photomatt. I've recently become one of the forum members who has a diaper bag deadline: april!
                              My wife is happy to let me do the bag research... She would like a shoulder bag, not backpack. She loves her small café bag I got her to replace her purse, so maybe I'll get her the large. Or maybe imago, as suggested above... Or maybe he parental unit!
                              For now, I'm ordering some cubes and another clear organiser and snake charmer, which can all be used in whichever bag we end up with.
                              Packing cubes can later be used for my/wife's/baby's clothes when packing for

Comment

Originally posted by photomatt View Post
                                Darcy- if there ever will be a Tom Bihn diaper bag, will it still be called the 'Parental Unit'? I really like that name.
                                Definitely!

Comment

Working...
                                X