Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brendabethman
    replied
    No kids here, but I am thinking that this could be repurposed as a gym bag, which would make me SO happy.

Leave a comment:

• timothy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
    I too love that name. It might even be nice to have it stiched on in a cool fond. First it would be point out its purpose of a diaper bag and later it would make it clear to the teenagers: this one is not YOURS it is MINE. Along the lines of DO NOT TOUCH THE PARENTAL UNIT!

Just noticed this, and Ha! Normally, I *very much* like that Bihn bags do not scream their own names -- I find it distracting and declasse (when cars, clothing, bags, sponsored athlete clothing, whatever) have giant banners advertising their own name / model designation. It's fun, in an inside baseball way, to realize "Oh, that bag is a Brain Bag, and it's one of the early years, because it's got the old configuration, and Oh, an obscure tag rather than the current one ..." but I am really glad they there's not a 3"-tall neon orange TRI-STAR(TM) BY TOM BIHN OF SEATTLE, WASHINGTON wrapping around the whole bag Understated is just the right amount of stated.)

But in the case of the Parental Unit, that's actually a funny / interesting idea, IMO. Wouldn't want to set precedent ... but it probably would prevent teenagers from stealing it
    Last edited by timothy; 11-14-2014, 11:05 AM. Reason: looks like I selected / deleted the end of a thought ...

Leave a comment:

• luvdabags
    replied
    I still maintain that rolling this bag out earlier than Dec would make the TB holiday rush easier on YOU, the TB bag makers and shippers. I am only thinking of YOU!! What do ya say, Darcy, et. al.?

Leave a comment:

• monkeylady
    replied
    I think I want me one of these....no babies...no little kids. But look at that! No flaps, horizontal orientation and zippers. I'm in heaven....

Leave a comment:

• weirdguy
    replied
    I too love the name - Parental Unit.

Would TB kind enough to share the Dimension of the Bag early in these few days or before Order starts?

I desperately wish to know whether I could transform the Bag into Dad Bag w/ Cache + Diaper Bag.

Leave a comment:

• djjr
    replied
    Feeling excited ...... no diapers needed here, but I'm loving the style. My perfect style bag. Waiting with anticipation for more details and a confirmed release date!

Leave a comment:

• kellie16
    replied
    yes!!! At last, a cross-body bag!! I am ecstatic. Doesn't matter that my baby is 9.5!! Now if it comes in a colour other than black, brown, or dark green I will faint with joy

Leave a comment:

• Ginkgo
    replied
    @jmremy, you will not have any problems re-selling your Synapse 19 (or trading it for some other TB item(s) you find useful) if it is just gathering dust in your home at this point. TB items retain high re-sell value. You can sell via ebay or craigslist, or arrange a trade through this forum. Then after the sale, you can come right back to the TB website and buy a Parental Unit!

Leave a comment:

• jmremy
    replied
    Oh how I wish this would have been released before I invested in a Synapse 19 back in June that just did NOT work (so I ended up getting a non-TB bag). Oh well. If I had known it was this close, I would have made due with the non-TB bag instead of buying the Synapse.

Leave a comment:

• Ilkyway
    replied
    I too love that name. It might even be nice to have it stiched on in a cool fond. First it would be point out its purpose of a diaper bag and later it would make it clear to the teenagers: this one is not YOURS it is MINE. Along the lines of DO NOT TOUCH THE PARENTAL UNIT!

Does anybody have a teenager who sometimes needs your pocket mirror, your pen or your last tissue? The answer to that could be: PARENTAL UNIT!

Ilkyway

PS: Have to go to bed now... we less timely favored have it near Wednesday now. Have fun.

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    P-U is easier

Leave a comment:

• timothy
    replied
    I can start indoctrinating my fantastic new niece, the smartest and most beautiful baby of her exact age. She's already making cool noises that sound like speech to me ... maybe I can make her first words "pah-rent-tall-ewe-knit." My sister would like that ...

Leave a comment:

• philltran
    replied
    Yay!!!! Now to induct my wife into the world of Tom Bihn

Leave a comment:

• HYPEractiv
    replied
    Sweet! Perfect timing! I have a newborn!

Leave a comment:

• gochicken
    replied
    Looks so cute! Love the shape. I might have to re-think my position that I am done having kids!
    Actually, it might be easier to just re-purpose it for my current life with teenagers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X