Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,824   Posts: 191,294   Members: 6,694   Active Members: 260
Welcome to our newest member, willydgil.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

November 28th Debut!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Darcy, I know you wrote a ton of stuff there, but all I see are PUPPIES!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Darcy, between Sunday and today, lots of the Color Key Straps, Luggage Tags and most probably matching Q Kits colors sold out.
      Does the Production Crew, plan to make more, between now and the next batch of debut items and/or new colors?

Do you suggest we ask for email notifications for all the items made in the second batch, if we want to make sure not to miss out?

I was thinking: "I hope Darcy will post more puppies' pictures", but I didn't want to be demanding, the day after the biggest Debut, to date.

Thank you so very, very much Darcy!

Now... What is the name of the Sitka chewer?
      Last edited by backpack; 11-30-2016, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Thank you to everyone for making yesterday our most popular debut to date. We were awed by the response to the new designs, sizes, and colors.
        I think it was the PUPPIES. At least it was for me.
        Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is my Black Halcyon Zeitgeist with a Cobalt Cerylon 3DOC as my "purse"/

Comment

"Now... What is the name of the Sitka chewer? "

And did the Sitka survive?

Comment

Originally posted by katers View Post
            Hi everyone! Hoping for more info about a couple of the newly debuted items!

Very curious about how the Aeronaut 30 Packing Cube Backpack fits into the A30. Would anyone (from TB) be able and willing to share pictures of it used as a packing cube inside the A30?? Guessing it would look like a large packing cube + small cube stacked on top?

Also - that last picture of the side kick on the website - is that the side kick going into a end pocket of an A30/A45?
            Welcome, katers!

That is indeed a photo of the Side Kick in the end pocket of an A40/45.

The Aeronaut 30 Packing Cube Backpack was designed to fill 1/2 of the main compartment of the Aeronaut 30 when used in its Packing Cube mode; two A30 PCBPs would fill the main compartment entirely. To use it as a Packing Cube, we inside it out and stuff the top pocket into the main pocket, but here's some photos of it used as Packing Cube in backpack mode:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Aeronaut-30-Packing-Cube-Backpack-in-Aeronaut-30.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	397.7 KB
ID:	300828

I nestled my Aeronaut 30 Travel Laundry Stuff Sack in front of the top half of the A30 PCBP; fits really well:

Name:	Aeronaut-30-Packing-Cube-Backpack-With-Laundry-Stuff-Sack.jpg
Size:	382.8 KB
ID:	300829

And here's how the A30 PCBP looks in the Aeronaut 30 in its intended form as an insided-out Packing Cube:

Name:	Aeronaut-30-Packing-Cube-Backpack-As-Packing-Cube-Aeronaut-30.jpg
Size:	361.0 KB
ID:	300830

Originally posted by tim13 View Post
            1.) A huge thank you to the entire TB crew for all of the new products and for working so hard in getting the shipments out yesterday!
            Thank you: this means a lot to us! Answers to your comments and very good questions below…

2.) I really appreciated the page listing for all of the new items and colors. That made it SUPER easy instead of having to guess and hunt for items. I hope that sticks around for the next debut.
            That page was Nik’s idea and a very good one, IMHO… I’m glad you (and everyone else who posted and said so) thinks so too. We’ll definitely make a page like that when we debut so many things at once (if we do that again!)

3.) I did manage to get the two items that I really wanted, PCSB and Large TT in Fjord and one new item, a Small SC also in Fjord. However, there are some items that are sounding pretty sweet a day later. I saw a couple of posts mentioning a second production but wasn't sure if that was everything or just some things. Could a post be made detailing what will and will not be available? Please.
            Great idea, and see this post and the updated Debut Information page.

4.) One of the posts by @Darcy yesterday mentioned they (TB) were surprised by the level of excitement and purchases. For the record, we love your products. I don't need a Small SC but I bought one because it is a TB product and maybe it will fill a void that I didn't even know I had. Keep designing and making great products and we will keep consuming and using.
            Thank you, thank you, thank you! We are honored.

5.) My first comment after the Yeoman came out was, "one half the size would be great". Thank you for listening to me and everyone else who made similar suggestions.
            We’re glad for the feedback, and not only because we’ve been able to enjoy our smaller Yeomans for the past couple of months!

Originally posted by kieri View Post
            Small Snake Charmer just arrived! I love it - I think it will work perfectly in the Little Swift to hold an extra lightweight layer during the winter.
            Yay!!! You know, that’s a great idea to use it for corralling extra layers — I might give that a try myself.
            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by 556 View Post
              One question - and I think it is answered by lack of announcement - will there be any organizer pouches in the LE colors at all or is that not in the cards?
              Thanks for your kind words, 556. And to kind-of answer your question: maybe. I'll know more about that by the end of next week.

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
              @Darcy, I know you wrote a ton of stuff there, but all I see are PUPPIES!
              Puppies are definitely the most important part. And I’m serious about that: they’re a lot of work, but it’s so fun to play with them and hang out with them after a hectic day!

Originally posted by backpack View Post
              Darcy, between Sunday and today, lots of the Color Key Straps, Luggage Tags and most probably matching Q Kits colors sold out.
              Does the Production Crew, plan to make more, between now and the next batch of debut items and/or new colors?

Do you suggest we ask for email notifications for all the items made in the second batch, if we want to make sure not to miss out?

I was thinking: "I hope Darcy will post more puppies' pictures", but I didn't want to be demanding, the day after the biggest Debut, to date.

Thank you so very, very much Darcy!

Now... What is the name of the Sitka chewer?
              Really good questions, backpack.

First: the Sitka chewer is Claire, who is the runt of the litter. As of yesterday, Claire weighs 4-1/2lbs and Horace (the biggest pup) is 6-1/2lbs.

I do think it would be really good for anyone who is interested to sign up for email notifications of the second batch items (one can do so by going to the individual product pages, clicking the “In Production” color you’re interested in, and entering your email address in the sign-up box that appears below). That will ensure notification the second we add those new bags to the website.

Luggage Tags are in the works and should be back in stock by the middle of next week.

Just posted a puppy photo here! Meet Bronwyn. (How Sitka was her valley?)
              Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Just noticed the A45 travel laundry stuff sack debuted in Island - will the A30 laundry stuff sack be available in Island anytime soon?

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                  That page was Nik’s idea and a very good one, IMHO… I’m glad you (and everyone else who posted and said so) thinks so too. We’ll definitely make a page like that when we debut so many things at once (if we do that again!)
                  Well done, Nik! I'm in the fan club too. Thanks to the page and Darcy's suggestion of bookmarking it, my middle-of-the-night adventure to log in, order, and go back to bed went very smoothly!

Now the hard part is waiting many months to collect the new LE-colour goodies, as they've been shipped to my parents' condo stateside. I did have a wry smile over the timing of my recent visit to my parents, as I just missed the debut. But at least I collected the six (yes, SIX) TB boxes that had piled up in their storage locker, to make room for more!

Really looking forward to getting the new small snake charmer, to see how it works for chargers and cords. Recently I've been using a medium COP for them. I love being able to see everything at a glance, and the urethane in the 'envelope' form factor holds everything where placed in the pouch. But this may not be the most efficient use of space.
                  Last edited by Kaz; 11-30-2016, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                    Thanks for your kind words, 556. And to kind-of answer your question: maybe. I'll know more about that by the end of next week.

Puppies are definitely the most important part. And I’m serious about that: they’re a lot of work, but it’s so fun to play with them and hang out with them after a hectic day!

Really good questions, backpack.

First: the Sitka chewer is Claire, who is the runt of the litter. As of yesterday, Claire weighs 4-1/2lbs and Horace (the biggest pup) is 6-1/2lbs.

I do think it would be really good for anyone who is interested to sign up for email notifications of the second batch items (one can do so by going to the individual product pages, clicking the “In Production” color you’re interested in, and entering your email address in the sign-up box that appears below). That will ensure notification the second we add those new bags to the website.

Luggage Tags are in the works and should be back in stock by the middle of next week.

Just posted a puppy photo here! Meet Bronwyn. (How Sitka was her valley?)
                    Dear Darcy,

This is patently unfair, to post a picture of Bronwyn, right on top of a newly produced Nordic item. Both are notorious for producing Pavlov effects.

Thank you so much for responding to our inquiries in a middle of, I believe, a very hectic time: Holidays orders + puppies fostering + Dog Mom duty + caring for everyone (in the Mothership, on the forum and everywhere else) = A very busy Darcy.

Thank you so very much, for being, your always gracious self.
                    Last edited by backpack; 12-01-2016, 01:16 PM.

Comment

1. I love the name Bronwyn.

2. If you were going to pack both sections of the A30 PCBP, wouldn't you flip the small section to the other side before putting it in the A30?
                      In other words, but the backsides of the A30 PCBP together, before putting it in the A30.

Thanks.

P.S. Still waiting for my order. It's supposed to arrive Monday. I'm jealous of everyone else who's already got theirs. Patience.

Comment

BWeaves that works well too (regarding your question two) I posted a picture where it is used the way you suggest here: https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...tml#post134667
                        Followed by pictures where Badger shows what small bags nicely make use of the spare room.

Ilkyway
                        “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Darcy,

It's been said elsewhere but bears repeating - thank you to you and the whole TB Crew for pulling off another exhilarating debut day!! I am very happy with my order and can't wait to see all the goodies when they arrive!

Our hope is that debut days are something that anyone who wants to can enjoy. I think yesterday was fun in a lot of ways, but it wasn’t fun for everyone and we want it to be fun for everyone, if we can help it! So, between now and the next debut (likely in March) we’ll be thinking about all of this and what might happen differently the next time around.
                          One thing that was a happy surprise was your announcement that there will be another "one more" batch of LE items coming up soon!! A nice way to reward those who were disappointed. I have seen this kind of rush for a few things that I have collected in the past, and staggering the releases is one way that some sellers have dealt with really high demand. Given the excitement around TB debuts, might you consider making it standard to have a couple different release/launch windows? Say, 8 am PST and then another one closer to the end of your workday. (Could be the next day or - as happened this time - a week or two later.) That might make it more accessible for people who are in different time zones, or have fixed schedules or prior commitments. Someone else also mentioned posting the anticipated number of items to be made available, prior to launch. That could work well in tandem with multiple release windows. Just my 2c, ymmv, of course!!

Whew! Debut days are heady! I feel like there should be commemorative buttons or hats or something for those of us present for the launch, so to speak! (I would totally wear a TB baseball cap!! )
                          Last edited by haraya; 12-01-2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by falconea View Post
                            Thank you also for planning more of the Little Travel Trays for those of us who missed out on our favourite colours! I will be placing another order soonish...

Audrey
                            @falconea

Small Travel Trays in Sitka are back

moriond

Comment

Huge thanks to the TOM BIHN crew!

I was able to get a small TT and small Snake Charmer in Island, along with a small Shop Back (Island), large shop back (Black Halcyon), 3DOC (plum) and some misc accessories.

I signed up for email alerts for the stuff that was out of stock - got the email it was in stock at 8:53 AM EST, placed and order and received order confirmation at 8:56 AM (luckily was at my computer!), and ship notification at 11:05 AM - just 2 hours from order placement. Y'all rock! Happy Holidays! Now on to the waiting...

Comment

Thanks for the great pictures and explanations @Darcy! That was extremely helpful! (Even more so with my A30 being Steel/Wasabi as well!)

Comment

Working...
                                X