Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,631   Posts: 188,969   Members: 6,616   Active Members: 301
Thunder
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, Thunder.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New: Cord Zipper Pulls ($3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Darcy
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here)

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by ratdeau View Post
    The solution I use now. The noise is really reduced.

I don't know if it's airport safe, but I don't fly often (In Europe it's more ecologic to travel by train).
    What ratdeau has used here are the same exact parts that we are making available in the 8-pack of Cord Zipper Pulls.

ratdeau: did you find the cords we sent you to be too short? They don't look too short to me (and aren't when I've used bags of ours that have cord pulls rather than metal pulls) but then again I'm more of a metal pull fan.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    Forum Member

• backpack
    replied
    Thanks to Ratdeau great pictures, I can see that the length of the cord looks too short when
    used through the zipper. I was hoping that two zipper pull could be knotted together for a quiet, easy to undo and yet secure closure.

I love the cute plastic zipper pull parts, they look ideal to grip in a hurry.
    I wonder if a regular shoe lace would fit inside. I bought bright color shoelaces to use on the metal zipper pull. The addition of the grippy part would give a better look and better grip.

I believe that the cord provided in the kit should at least be twice as long as the one offered if they are to be used on bags.

The present length is perfect to use with all the pouches, packing cubes, and the Style kit.

As far as color is concerned, basic black, sapphire and plum/pink/purple are on my list.

Others might like red and yellow.
    backpack
    Forum Member
    Last edited by backpack; 01-05-2008, 08:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ratdeau
    Forum Member

• ratdeau
    replied
    Zipper Cord

The solution I use now. The noise is really reduced.

I don't know if it's airport safe, but I don't fly often (In Europe it's more ecologic to travel by train).

Leave a comment:

• gmich
    Forum Member

• gmich
    replied
    I'm interested in these as well. Any chance of making some different colors of cord available for those of us who would like to add some color to our bags?

Leave a comment:

• Darcy

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post
    Any chance of getting longer cord pull segments?
    Great idea! I just PM'd ratdeau to ask him how long he think the cord pull segments should be so that they could be knotted and used without the plastic end pull part. Any input on that? We can send you some various lengths of cord to play around with, if you'd like!

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    Volunteer Moderator

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    Cord Zipper Pulls

8 Cords and Pulls for $3

Many TOM BIHN bags come with Cord Zipper Pulls on at least some of their zippers while other bags come exclusively with metal zipper pulls. Now you have the option of buying extra Cord Zipper Pulls to use in addition to or instead of metal zipper pulls.

For $3.00 (plus $2.00 shipping of ordered by themselves), you'll receive parts for 8 Cord Zipper Pulls: 8 cords and 16 plastic zipper pull parts. (It takes two plastic zipper pull parts to make one complete zipper pull.)
    Hi Darcy,

This is a nice option, but I always wanted to try ratdeau's solution of using the cord thrrough the Aeronaut zippers, and the cords for thesee pulls seem a bit too short to tie this way. Any chance of getting longer cord pull segments?

Leave a comment:

• Darcy

• Darcy
    started a topic New: Cord Zipper Pulls ($3)

New: Cord Zipper Pulls ($3)

Cord Zipper Pulls

8 Cords and Pulls for $3

Many TOM BIHN bags come with Cord Zipper Pulls on at least some of their zippers while other bags come exclusively with metal zipper pulls. Now you have the option of buying extra Cord Zipper Pulls to use in addition to or instead of metal zipper pulls.

For $3.00 (plus $2.00 shipping of ordered by themselves), you'll receive parts for 8 Cord Zipper Pulls: 8 cords and 16 plastic zipper pull parts. (It takes two plastic zipper pull parts to make one complete zipper pull.)
    Darcy
    Last edited by Darcy; 01-02-2008, 11:02 AM.
Working...
X