Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,330   Members: 6,703   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, zacattac.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surprise at Clear Quarter Packing Cube being retired?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprise at Clear Quarter Packing Cube being retired?

I just checked to see if now colors were available, and found out that the Clear Quarter Packing Cube has been retired. It is a great organizer and works super well to have 2 of them in the end pocket of the A45. I am rather surprised that this would be retired but hope that something even better is in the works. If this has been discussed on a different thread, please delete.

https://www.tombihn.com/products/cle...r-packing-cube

Originally posted by TravelManager View Post
    I just checked to see if now colors were available, and found out that the Clear Quarter Packing Cube has been retired. It is a great organizer and works super well to have 2 of them in the end pocket of the A45. I am rather surprised that this would be retired but hope that something even better is in the works. If this has been discussed on a different thread, please delete.

https://www.tombihn.com/products/cle...r-packing-cube
    This seems to be a web page glitch that occurs when a product sells out, by default a notice goes up that the product is retired, until somebody manually overrides this. A similar instance occurred with the RFID Passport Pouch just a week ago:

Originally posted by moriond View Post
    @investigator, @ceepee, and others,

The RFID Passport Pouch has not been retired, and is still being made, as you can see by checking the linked product page for information on various items that are "in production". There seems to be an unfortunate glitch in the default web page status reports that occasionally when a product sells out, it may get reported as "retired" on some of the summary product pages, such as the one for Accessories, although I didn't catch this happening in this case. Did either of you see this reported on the product page for the Passport Pouch?

The passport pouch has not been retired to my knowledge!

HTH

moriond
    What happens after the manual override is that the items are still not available for order, but the products change to being "in production", as is currently the case with the RFID Passport Pouch. But when the drop-down menu entries vanish, the default status message seems to be that the product in question has been retired.

I'll bring this to the attention of Darcy and the web support folks.

HTH

moriond

ETA: By the way, if you check the Accessories page, one level up, you'll see that the Clear Quarter Packing Cube shows up as "In Production"
    Last edited by moriond; 01-12-2017, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks! That is good to hear. Please delete this thread if it will avoid confusion!

Comment

I just noticed this "retired" bug on another bag yesterday morning, and had seen a thread here about the same bag being incorrectly listed as retired last fall. The bag I saw it on was back to "In Production" within a few minutes. I'll not mention the name of the bag, to avoid causing panic. ;-) Good for Tom Bihn fans to know about the bug so we don't get more panicked than we need to. :-D

Comment

Working...
        X