Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,824   Posts: 191,294   Members: 6,694   Active Members: 260
Welcome to our newest member, willydgil.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Absolute Strap - Strap control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolute Strap - Strap control

Hi gang!

So I'm hours away from boarding a flight with my A45. The A45 has only been in one other trip so We are still figuring each other out.

The absolute Strap I have on it has some straps that point up. I'll take a picture tomorrow morning to better explain my issue but it stems from the fact that once I shoulder the pack, the ends of the adjustment straps point upwards. This drives me bonkers.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, how did you sole it?

I wish it had something to keep it tied to the Strap itself.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Virtus junxit, mors non separabit.

Didn't have to look long for a stock image depicting what I'm trying to describe.

If you trace up from the clips, you'll see a piece of extra Strap (the end parts) that stick up towards the shoulder.

Comment

The extra part of strap sticking up bothered me too.

Once I've decided the length I want the Absolute strap, I loop a thin black hair tie twice around each side to secure the extra length of strap to itself.

You could try a twist tie or for a future trip maybe the Strapeez cable tie sort of holder.

Comment

I think this post may help:
        How to properly thread shoulder strap loose ends

Comment

@Yuragon's link to @dasher's solutions worked for me like a charm and I have done this for all my straps for a few years now! Fantastic hack IMHO.

Cheers!
          Last edited by tpnl; 01-16-2017, 11:02 PM.
          TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Comment

I moved the sliders closer to the ends to trap them, but Yuragon's idea is probably better and less likely to slip.
            I love my Burnt Orange Medium Cafe Bag, Black MCB, and Azure LCB.
            The Preciouses: A45 in black/zest, (original) Yeoman Duffel in verde, Mini Yeoman Duffel in Burnt Orange, the S19 in black/ultraviolet, and the MB in black/northwest sky; Shop Bags in zest, monarch, sitka, fjord, and island.

Comment

I like Yuragon's method. Now I just need to remember to go change my three straps to this method.

Comment

Thank you. I'll modify the strap soon.

Comment

Working...
                X