Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,521   Posts: 187,739   Members: 6,485   Active Members: 309
Welcome to our newest member, questah043.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Case for the Amazon Kindle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rabergnc
    replied
    A soft cell sleeve would be great. I could use my Zephyr or other bag. A brain cell would be overkill indeed, especially if I am already using one for a laptop. The Zephyr is big but 2 brain cells would be a challenge!!

I just took another look at the Ristretto (?spelling) that is being designed. The size that would fit a MacBook would work for me with a Kindle and a sleeve, or on that rare occasion that I am without a laptop, the Kindle could go in the padded compartment, especially if there were some type of closure strap at the top of the padded area to keep the Kindle from popping out by accident. I may have to get one of these just to get the Olive and Cayenne color combo!
    Last edited by rabergnc; 01-23-2008, 02:47 PM. Reason: Update

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    So maybe a Soft Cell type sleeve would work better for you, so you could slip it into any larger bag?

I agree with Zephyrnoid's point: we probably won't make a Brain Cell for the Kindle but I can see a Soft Cell. Or maybe it'd even be a large Padded Organizer Pouch type sleeve!

Leave a comment:

• rabergnc
    replied
    Based on the measurements alone, the Kindle would certainly fit nicely. The bag looks quite nice in the photos of the prototype that were posted. For me, however, I tend to carry a bunch more stuff - laptop, files, phone, etc - and the small cafe-type bag wold probably be too limited for my needs. If I did not carry a laptop (even an eee pc which I hope to get soon), the bag would be just about right. Sadly (only because it speaks to the kind of person I am "needing" my toys), I can't envision having the Kindle without another device at least the same size. (Now if the Kindle's browser is improved, or the iPhone is updated to make full use of its potential as a UMPC-type device, then the bag would be ideal!)

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    We recently sent a prototype Small Cafe Bag with a built-in padded pocket sized for the EEE PC to forum member cwhit for testing. The Asus Eee PC is 9" by 6.5" by 1.25" and the Amazon Kindle is 7.5" x 5.3" x 0.7", and cwhit suggested that this Small Cafe could also be a good bag for carrying the Kindle. What do you think?

You can view her pictures of the bag (and read cwhit's comments) here. (That link goes to a Flickr photo set that cwhit posted in this thread.)

Leave a comment:

• Zephyrnoid
    replied
    Having been torched by an earlier project that I participated in, Netpliance's i-opener, I'd be leery of buying or building for anything like the Kindle. Anyone remember what happened to Web-TV ? Uh Huh! exactly. I've been wrong before (iPod) but I dunno- build a case for a not-ready for prime-time e-book?
    I'd wait for e-paper instead. Nicolas Negroponte is MAYBE going to do the 'thin client' / sub $100 laptop right but that's 10 years after the i-opener went to market.
    I'd stick to real laptops, iPhones etc for a while longer.

Leave a comment:

• scholar
    replied
    I want a kindle, but it's just a little out of price, so I'm going to settle for a sony that I got on ebay for about a third of retail

Leave a comment:

• PanicKing
    replied
    Actually, I ordered a Kindle way back on 12/12 and I just got my shipment confirmation email this afternoon... I can't wait for it to arrive next Wed! It's certainly pricey, but I'm justifying my purchase by switching my NY Times subscription and counting on the lower bestseller costs.

I certainly hope the Kindle sells well, so not only will there be more books and periodicals to choose from, but so there will be a market for a TB case to replace what many owners are saying is a barely workable leather case.

Leave a comment:

• rabergnc
    replied
    I have one on order but it likely will not ship for several weeks. Amazon just can't keep up with the demand. I'd certanly be interested in a case. I have also thought about getting an eee pc and carrying the Kindle and the eee pc in my brain cell- if they would both fit!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    I think that's an interesting idea. We'll see...

Has anyone here bought a Kindle?

Leave a comment:

• grumpy3b
    started a topic Case for the Amazon Kindle?

Case for the Amazon Kindle?

I will likely get one of these beasties this year sometime but from my reading there is a weak selection of cases for them. Here is a thread on a site dedicated to ebooks and the devices to read them on:

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17437

The person made their own case...maybe there is something there Tom can figure out which fits into your design ideas?
Working...
X